Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Thumbs up Long Live Camaro5.com

So I recently inherited a 2011 SS M6. It wasn't well cared for but it has lots of potential and is now my side project. Really enjoying the car and looking forward to what I can do with it. Main point of this post, though, is that I'm rather thankful for this forum. I have found an absolute wealth of information between specs, DIY instructional, and some rather helpful people. I know it's not really as active as it once was, so I pray it never goes away. And if there must be some new incarnation, don't lose the info. There's so much here.
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i agree.this site is very informative.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:08 PM   #3
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Bunch of good knowledgeable people here. And also people who make you spend money lol
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
^^^ lol, like me?? hehe. Yea I whole heartedly will agree with this. This forum and every single subsection is worth it's weight in gold!! More so, priceless!! When I bought my 2011 Camaro SS/RS I learned WAY MORE on here than even my Chevey sealership knew about my car!! Even the "performance" tech that worked on the Vettes and Camaro's didn't know what I learned on here, and that really pissed him off, so I just didn't go there anymore!! lol. Hope this website NEVER goes stale... And all you cool, caring and sharing guys, and gals, keep up the great work!!!
Old 09-19-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
Nailbender

Drives: Chevy Camaro hwse 2018 GMC Sierra 1
I have to agree!! I don’t have a lot to contribute but I have learned so much from all great people on here .
Nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Definitely a good place to hang out. The bar fights aren’t as plentiful and entertaining as they once were but I still enjoy it just the same.

I lurked here for several years before I bought my car and actually joined.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:30 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
to all....this place IS PRICELESS. It is now, and it always has been. I have been here for 12 years, and as one of you mentioned, especially in the beginning, we had so much valuable information here WAY before the dealers did. you may have to dig around a bit....but there isn't much that you can't find here on this site.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:27 PM   #8
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
I used this site for everything on my car. Even led me to do a diy camshaft swap last summer.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:26 AM   #9
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Yeah I'm an old school mechanic with all carburetor stuff . I built three small blocks like 15 years ago, two Chevy's and a high hp Oldsmobile. So I was very mechanically inclined when I got here but totally new to ls's. When I came to this site I didn't know anything about a ls. I can now say with the help of you guys and all the information on this site, I feel very comfortable working on a ls engine now and have even dove into the likes of tuning now as well. I would like to personally thank all of you that have helped me along the way.
Thanks
Joe
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:48 AM   #10
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
to all....this place IS PRICELESS. It is now, and it always has been. I have been here for 12 years, and as one of you mentioned, especially in the beginning, we had so much valuable information here WAY before the dealers did. you may have to dig around a bit....but there isn't much that you can't find here on this site.
So much fun to go back to the very 1st (or last) page & read it all. I thank you all as well!
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #11
Oz SS

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I wouldn’t have bought a Camaro if this forum wasn’t around…. this place is essential for internationals
Oz SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #12
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Definitely a good place to hang out. The bar fights aren’t as plentiful and entertaining as they once were but I still enjoy it just the same.

I lurked here for several years before I bought my car and actually joined.
Yep....lots of good info....better trash talking. At least at one time. It's still a good place for info....but boring as all hell. Haha
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #13
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
I have to agree!! I don’t have a lot to contribute but I have learned so much from all great people on here .
Starting threads and asking questions leads to many people to learn things. So even if you don’t k I was much as others you can always ask questions and then everyone learns.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:26 PM   #14
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome! This forum definitely has A LOT of great information! Don't mind the haters, but listen to the experienced. There's a great deal of people with a lot of great stories. Best of luck with your new to you ride!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote