Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tune for Headers

Just purchased Texas Speed Headers and x-pipe. Would a dyno tune be recommended or is getting one from Texas speed or Phastek fine? Don't want to spend too much (~$600-800) but also want good results. Also anyone with Texas speed headers, i read somewhere that they don't have O2 bungs. is that true? I'm in Illinois if you know a good tuner.

All parts installs are covered here!

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/BurnedRubberChannel?ref=hl

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClH...QmvSyHD_0XtM7Q
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
wait to put an intake on it then tune. you will have a cel on for the secondary o2's until then if you can ignore it.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

i have a cold air intake if that's what you mean. im not going to switch manifolds anytime soon.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
They have O2 bungs for the front o2's not the back. Those are the ones that will throw a code until you get a tune.

Also, when you do both CAI and headers it can throw your AFR off to much and make it run lean with the stock tune from GM.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
They have O2 bungs for the front o2's not the back. Those are the ones that will throw a code until you get a tune.

Also, when you do both CAI and headers it can throw your AFR off to much and make it run lean with the stock tune from GM.
Ok, so do i need to have bungs for those put in or just unplug them? the bungs cant be much to have welded on. im going to get a tune no matter what, just wondered about dyno vs email.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
Ok, so do i need to have bungs for those put in or just unplug them? the bungs cant be much to have welded on. im going to get a tune no matter what, just wondered about dyno vs email.
No need for the rear o2's. The LT's push the o2's back so far compaired to stock is the reason they don't work right. When you get a tune they will take care of those.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Just purchased Texas Speed Headers and x-pipe. Would a dyno tune be recommended or is getting one from Texas speed or Phastek fine? Don't want to spend too much (~$600-800) but also want good results. Also anyone with Texas speed headers, i read somewhere that they don't have O2 bungs. is that true? I'm in Illinois if you know a good tuner.
I can get you in to a Custom JRE tune for 509.00 including a SCT Hand held tuner.

Purchase your tuner from me and the tune is heavily discounted.

Call, email, PM me with any questions.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Thanks Ted. Ill look into that, ive heard great things about your tunes!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #9
rberns

BurnedRubber,

Not sure where at in Illinois you live, but you should go to Straight Line Performance in Joliet. They do a lot of great work and will be able to tune your car. After having problems with my shop here in Iowa, I plan on going to SLP in Joliet for my future builds.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Thanks Ted. Ill look into that, ive heard great things about your tunes!
Your welcome, I work real hard to provide the best tunes available today.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote