Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Apex chase washer bottle relocation kit.

How do you route the hose to get it to the washer bottle?

http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...t-1234567.html
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Pollock
LT4 M6

I got it figured out. Anyone have this installed? It pushes out the inner wheel liner like the bottle is a hair too big. When the tire is fully turned to the right it is only about an inch or two away (or how ever thick my hand is) from the liner. I guess that will be okay?

I will drive it and see if it rubs on the liner..
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm thinking of going this route (i.e. CAI + scoop + washer relo)... could you possibly post some pics of the installation? TIA

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Pollock
LT4 M6

I drove it around town and did not notice any tire rubbing. I guess it is okay.

and too clg_98ta I used this write up to install. The washer bottle bolts to the Apex scoop. It is even pre drilled.

http://autoagenda.com/images/ADMscoopInstallation.pdf
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
I got it figured out. Anyone have this installed? It pushes out the inner wheel liner like the bottle is a hair too big. When the tire is fully turned to the right it is only about an inch or two away (or how ever thick my hand is) from the liner. I guess that will be okay?

I will drive it and see if it rubs on the liner..
I am glad to see you got it figured out before I came along. It can vary depending on exactly where you decide to locate things but that is why we supplied plenty of hose. The tank does sit against the liner but it will not interfere with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I'm thinking of going this route (i.e. CAI + scoop + washer relo)... could you possibly post some pics of the installation? TIA
Here are a is an install with a CAI intake and one with a Roto-Fab. As soon as we can get is scheduled we are going to do a full install on video. It is a pretty easy 30 minute job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo View Post
Well I have waited until there was a good washer bottle replacement solution to install my ADM scoop so now I have finally installed my scoop using the Apex washer tank replacement kit.

It produced fantastic results!

I have to admit my biggest fear was cutting the plastic behind the grill for proper placement of the scoop. So here are some of my tips and pictures during my installation.

First of all as suggested by the folks at ADM I taped the plastic piece to be cut vertically at the edge of the reinforcements and then horizontally to the left using this as a guide to make the cuts straight. I did not however get a picture of the how I taped this onto the plastic. Sorry.

Here is a picture of the plastic after the cut:

And here is the piece that came out:

Here are a couple of suggestions for cutting this piece out. First I used a Dremel tool with a circular disk to make the vertical cut. Put the Dremel on its low speed setting, this will make it easier to guide the tool while you are cutting and it still has plenty of speed to cut through the plastic. You will have to use the round metal tip to make the horizontal cut because there is very limited room so I went with the round metal bit. It is more difficult to be careful making the cut straight so take your time and leave the tool on low.

Next you will need to cut off an eraser sized piece of plastic on the washer pump for it to fit properly into the new washer tank. This is described in good detail with your instructions you get with the APEX kit. I used the round metal tip on the Dremel as well and used the low setting again. Just start at the top and work down the piece until you get it worn down. This was very quick and easy.

Here is a picture of the circular blade, the metal blade (on the Dremel), and the washer pump after I removed the plastic piece:

Next I used a conical stone grinder bit on the Dremel to clean up the opening where the scoop will go, I placed the scoop into the hole and found I needed to take off about 1/16" to 1/8" more off the bottom so the scoop would fit in better and was snug when in place.

Here is the cleaned up opening:

Next is the installation of the washer bottle to the scoop. Place the washer bottle on the scoop far to the right and to the top to mark where to drill the holes for installation. Make sure you go as far to the right as possible because my washer bottle fit very snug up against the back of the DRL light on the inside of the bumper on final install it worked but could have been a little more to the right about a 1/2" more would have been just right.

Drill some small holes first:

Then your 5/16" final holes:

Here is the washer bottle installed on scoop with washer pump installed into the bottle.

The inside:

Next I took off the CAI housing to install the filler piece, I went on the outside of the housing and went ahead and attached the hose so I could route it when I reinstalled the housing which worked out very well. I routed the hose along the bottom and then back to the front there will be space of about 1" in the front that you can fit the hose through when you get the housing back in place.

Here is the housing with the filler installed:

Install the scoop with bolt supplied on the top that will go through the front side of the horn mount. Install the bottom bolt which is one of the original washer bottle bolts. Replace the hose on the bottom pump that goes to the wiper blades. Finally plug in the wiring harness to the pump.

Here is everything finished on the bottom side before I put the fender well back in place:

Fill the bottle and you are finished:

Three great products that work fantastic together!!

Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I installed the washer bottle, scoop, and heritage grill today. If I may offer a few bits of advice to those putting on the washer bottle.

1) Mount the fill tube piece INSIDE your intake. If you mount it outside the intake box, there is no easy way to route the fill tube to the washer bottle because the bottle is directly below the intake. Here is where I put it:

We put the fill tube inside the intake in front of the filter. We had to be careful where we mounted it so that the bolts and nuts wouldn't touch the air conditioner lines outside the air box. So we took the intake box out of the car, drilled the holes, and mounted the fill tube with the bolt heads toward the AC lines and the nuts inside the air box. That way, the bolts didn't touch the AC lines.

2) As it says in the instructions, mount the bottle as far back on the scoop as you can like I did in this picture. If it had been any further forward, then it would hit the DRL light recess on the front bumper.

3) You don't really have to cut the little nub off the pump. It would fit in the washer bottle recess just fine with the nub on.

Thanks to Apex for a great kit! It work perfectly.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 07-16-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I installed my washer locate last week and did notice it made the fender well stick out some. Didn't think much of it at the time.

Had some rear 20s installed on the front with the 275s this weekend to make a square setup like many here do. Today I noticed a mark on the fender well where the tire was rubbing when I turned all the way to the right.

Read this thread and moved it forward as far as it would go, but I still didn't like how the fender well stuck out some still. I ended heating the fender well plastic up with my heat gun and made it form closer to the scoop and washer bottle which minimized how much it stuck out. Put my tire back on and turned the wheel all the way to the right. I have enough room to put my fingers between the tire and wheel well now, so I should be good now.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote