Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #85
jazyjason

Drives: a
a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:45 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #86
cjcamaro10

Drives: 2010 LS 6M
George Carlin:

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and realize over half of them are stupider than that.".

Enough said.
cjcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #87
11VicConSSMan

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
All this violent responses, and it could be addressed in a very simple way....

PUT UP or SHUT UP!!!
11VicConSSMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #88
Aqua_Blue_SS

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Let things die down at your work, don't say anything about your Camaro or the lame comments from your co-workers.

Wait about a week then decide which one of those fools you like the least and buy a batch of rainbow/gay pride stickers and place one on their rear bumper. It usually takes people a while to discover that it is there but when they remove it place another. Every time you put one on their car change the location. If you know where they live place one on every vehicle belonging to that residence, put them on their front door, the gate, the front window of their house, their garage door.

If you really want to make them crazy you can sign them up to gay rights organizations so they receive the pride mail or use their address at work so the letters arrive mailed to them there and people can see it.

Once their name and address end up on these organizations list they'll be getting letters and phone calls asking for support for a long time, just like telemarketing, so this kind of revenge can take on a life of its own and if you start to feel bad for doing that to somebody just rat out one of the other people who made fun of your car and tell your victim it was them and play people off on each other.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
You actually know I'm gay right? Not all of us are limp wristed and drive a Prius. It's probably why they say shit because they feel emasculated or something.

Regardless I keep my buisness to myself. Where I work its like high school with grown men.

lol
Attached Images

Aqua_Blue_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #89
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
You actually know I'm gay right? Not all of us are limp wristed and drive a Prius. It's probably why they say shit because they feel emasculated or something.

Regardless I keep my buisness to myself. Where I work its like high school with grown men.
That would ruin the plan then because they would know you did it. The entire mission requires anonymity, even if they don't know for sure they would suspect. It's a solid plan though so keep it in mind for future reference and I'm not talking about gay stereotypes, a covert operation like mine is designed to teach people giving you a hard time a lesson. Some jerk giving you an ear full isn't going to like being labeled gay and it will piss them off when they can't figure out who is doing it to them.

I did something like that to my last boss who enjoyed making his employees miserable, he was probably one of the worst people I've ever worked for, the stickers on his car always showing up was one of many buttons on him that got pushed and eventually he surrendered and quit. I like to take the proactive approach to dealing with such people in the work place. Know what I mean?
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #90
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Hate is concealed admiration....
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #91
jazyjason

Drives: a
a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:45 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #92
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
"Ostensibly", mine belongs to the wife. A simple, "it belongs to her" seems to work for me.
Moto-Mojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #93
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
these cars bring a lot of jealousy. I'm 22 with an SS and you can only imagine how people treat me now. At gas stations, pulled up next to stop lights, etc. you can just tell they think i'm a spoiled brat. even a few of my friends just straight up act differently towards me now.

thing is, i have every dime i got locked up in this thing, still making the payments for a long time, and will be living at home for a long while. I know what I got myself into, but I stick by my decision. I love the car and won't ever lose it.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #94
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
I'm sure there is a bit of jealousy in there, but are you sure they're not just ribbing you. As a man, the best compliment you can give to another man, is to actually make fun of them. (especially when around females) The guys I work with, that's pretty much how we talk to each other unless it has something to do with work. So of course, even though mine is a V8, they still try to make fun of it. That is mostly my doing though, because when one of my coworkers tried to "race" me in his windstarr, I let him just walk away from me. So, that's pretty much all I hear now. There are two other Chevy guys that I work with, both have given me multiple compliments on my car, and yet they still continue to make fun of it / me. And just to be fair, I make fun of everyone elses vehicles also. (except the guy with the brand new sierra 4x4 and the guy with od school C/K) Hell I even make fun of my boss who just bought a '13 Silverado 2500 LTZ Z71 4x4, and that thing is a beast.
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #95
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble View Post
I'm sure there is a bit of jealousy in there, but are you sure they're not just ribbing you. As a man, the best compliment you can give to another man, is to actually make fun of them. (especially when around females) The guys I work with, that's pretty much how we talk to each other unless it has something to do with work. So of course, even though mine is a V8, they still try to make fun of it. That is mostly my doing though, because when one of my coworkers tried to "race" me in his windstarr, I let him just walk away from me. So, that's pretty much all I hear now. There are two other Chevy guys that I work with, both have given me multiple compliments on my car, and yet they still continue to make fun of it / me. And just to be fair, I make fun of everyone elses vehicles also. (except the guy with the brand new sierra 4x4 and the guy with od school C/K) Hell I even make fun of my boss who just bought a '13 Silverado 2500 LTZ Z71 4x4, and that thing is a beast.
i'd make fun of him, too, now that the 14 Silverado is just about out! It looks amazing.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #96
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Ok I have a much better idea! Jason if these people don't leave you alone we'll put an Aye Aye in their car!

Check this thing out....

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #97
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
i'd make fun of him, too, now that the 14 Silverado is just about out! It looks amazing.
Truth be told, I like the current style better, but that is one of the things I make fun of him for, also because its a diesel and that's the only difference between his new truck and his '11
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #98
Thunderhexed

Drives: 2015 "Red Hot" 1LT/RS
Haven't had any jealous co-workers but my "best friend" loves to keep referring to mine as a "base"model to anyone he mentions it to (he also bashes my new home I just had custom built while he's recently been evicted from his last place and had to move into a roach infested, drafty rental built in the 50s) I know he does it out of jealousy for several reasons- one being me just saying one day that I was gonna trade my Accord in on a Camaro-and did it right then cuz i could and i didnt get stupid payment-wise like he did. My payment only went up $30.00 a month from what I was paying on the Accord. Another reason is his a$$ is paying $900.00 (not exaggerating) a month on a NISSAN Murano that he's already behind on and is on the verge of being repossessed. That leaves him with his early 90s Olsmobile that he inherited from his grandpappy and has been smashed to hell by baseball sized hail(body panels literally have holes right through it). So I just let him say what he wants. A couple of times when I've gone to pick him up for lunch or whatever, I've heard him mutter to my car "hey baby!".... But it's just a "base" model he reminds me several times through out the day. What sold me on the car wasn't necessarily performance but it's appearance- something about that wide puffed up stance that spoke to me-and the first time I sat in one, the quality of the interior materials blew that Honda away... I'm still 100% satisfied with my decision in my "base" 2LS V6. May just be a V6 but I still get plenty of nods/attention/haters/gawkers as I cruise around town in it. I work at the Air Force Base here in OKC and this past Friday I was stopped at the gate by the military guard for a random vehicle inspection- he opened up my hood and asked if it was a V8, I said no and patiently waited for the bashing to begin- he just said "damn- that's a NICE engine for a 6!!"
Thunderhexed is offline   Reply With Quote