Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #267
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
If the Z28 needs new brakes at that time i will say the SS 1Le will be priced higher .

Sorry, but NO SS 1E will ever bring more $ than a 14' or 15' Z28.
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #268
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
Sorry, but NO SS 1E will ever bring more $ than a 14' or 15' Z28.
The depreciation that hit the Z28 is almost equal to the new cost on an SS1LE of the same year , the Z28 will never be a better value . The SS1Le may never bring in more as a standard but there will be some out there that will bring in more money then some Z28s with out a doubt .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #269
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
The Z28s have a long way to go before any collector would see a return on one of them , i would put money on the ZL1 and the SS 1LE to see more of a return.
I don't understand why people think 1LE is going to bring so much additional value or desirability over a SS, it's not. It was only a $3,500 package and didn't add any pop or different body work. People are going to be pulling off the hood wrap in 20+ years because it'll be out of style and date the car.

For example, the C6 Grand Sport package got the Z06 bodywork and a hand-built, dry-sump LS3 with manual transmissions. That'll be noteworthy someday.

Look no further than Corvette with the Z51 package; C4/C5/C6 majority of secondary market buyers don't care. Like 1LE, it's merely a footnote.

Z/28 will always bring substantially more than any 1LE
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #270
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
I don't understand why people think 1LE is going to bring so much additional value or desirability over a SS, it's not. It was only a $3,500 package and didn't add any pop or different body work. People are going to be pulling off the hood wrap in 20+ years because it'll be out of style and date the car.

For example, the C6 Grand Sport package got the Z06 bodywork and a hand-built, dry-sump LS3 with manual transmissions. That'll be noteworthy someday.

Look no further than Corvette with the Z51 package; C4/C5/C6 majority of secondary market buyers don't care. Like 1LE, it's merely a footnote.

Of course the 1Le will have more desirability, its much more of a performance car then the SS ,and with that there will be additional value .
Old 04-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #271
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Of course the 1Le will have more desirability, its much more of a performance car then the SS ,and with that there will be additional value .
The 1LE has much more performance than the SS? The only significant difference that I thought was the 3.91 gear set.

It kind of pisses me off that the ZL1 wasn't an option when I ordered my car in 2008. I know it was super early when I ordered my SS but if I would have known GM was coming out with a ZL1 I would have waited. I even asked the dealer when I was ordering my car if there were any plans for GM to come out with some kind of a Super Camaro that would have more HP than the standard SS. He was pretty adamant that the SS w/ LS3 was going to be the highest HP that GM was going to make. I certainly don't blame the guy @ the dealer but I am pissed at GM that they didn't educate the dealers about their plans for a ZL1 or a Z28 version.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #272
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post

Not sure how people can tell wtf is going to happen. But ........your right the Z /28 is the car I would get before a 1le. Most dont know what a 1le is now......but the Z/28 ...ya even non car people have heard of that. Nothing wrong with the 1le ..but i just dont think it will make a difference 20 years from now.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 PM   #273
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
What year is the best looking Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
. I even asked the dealer when I was ordering my car if there were any plans for GM to come out with some kind of a Super Camaro that would have more HP than the standard SS. He was pretty adamant that the SS w/ LS3 was going to be the highest HP that GM was going to make.

Half of the salesmen don’t know the difference between a tire and a lugnut

Of coarse he told you that the car sitting right here, right now is the biggest and baddest Camaro EVER and if you don’t drive it home today you will never see a deal like this again, ever! It’s the deal of the century....

Haha

It’s pretty standard for car manufactures after about two or three years after a car release to add additional and more enticing options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #274
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Hey guys, isn't the question for the "best looking" Camaro?

I mean, as a woman, no man ever said, "Carmen's a babe but imma date her uglier, but stronger, cousin who can bench press 350 lbs."

1969 Z28 Camaro - hands down!
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #275
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Not sure how people can tell wtf is going to happen. But ........your right the Z /28 is the car I would get before a 1le. Most dont know what a 1le is now......but the Z/28 ...ya even non car people have heard of that. Nothing wrong with the 1le ..but i just dont think it will make a difference 20 years from now.
More people know about the 1Le nowadays due to Gen 6 and its on track accomplishments , otherwise its been around for 29 years and most Camaro people never heard of it . Sometimes it takes more then nostalgia and emblems on a car to make it great and a future classic , you give the Gen 5 Z28 way to much credit . There is a really good reason they have lost so much value ,which is a lot more then the 1Le has lost . If you ever get a Z28 make sure it has AC in it because they are no fun in the summer in a rainstorm without AC .
Old 04-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #276
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
There is a really good reason they have lost so much value ,which is a lot more then the 1Le has lost . If you ever get a Z28 make sure it has AC in it because they are no fun in the summer in a rainstorm without AC .

The z28 is hands down an awesome car but in my opinion it has lost its value because Chevy made it too awesome and overpriced it from the beginning. It is a very small niche market that can afford that car especially considering the fact that it’s a Camaro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #277
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
More people know about the 1Le nowadays due to Gen 6 and its on track accomplishments , otherwise its been around for 29 years and most Camaro people never heard of it . Sometimes it takes more then nostalgia and emblems on a car to make it great and a future classic , you give the Gen 5 Z28 way to much credit . There is a really good reason they have lost so much value ,which is a lot more then the 1Le has lost . If you ever get a Z28 make sure it has AC in it because they are no fun in the summer in a rainstorm without AC .
Don't worry about being the only person on the forum that believes the 1LE will be more valuable than the Z/28.
I'm the only person on the forum that loves the 2019 SS refresh.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #278
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
The 1LE has much more performance than the SS? The only significant difference that I thought was the 3.91 gear set.
Correct.

Most of the other parts are ZL1 hand-me-downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Most dont know what a 1le is now......but the Z/28 ...ya even non car people have heard of that. Nothing wrong with the 1le ..but i just dont think it will make a difference 20 years from now.
Exactly.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #279
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
[QUOTE=CCMADONNA;10161303]Hey guys, isn't the question for the "best looking" Camaro?

I mean, as a woman, no man ever said, "Carmen's a babe but imma date her uglier, but stronger, cousin who can bench press 350 lbs."

Now that's funny! But which one would he rather be living with thirty years down the road.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #280
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=Brutale arancia;10161785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
Hey guys, isn't the question for the "best looking" Camaro?

Now that's funny! But which one would he rather be living with thirty years down the road.
let me ask my husband and i'll get back to you.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]