Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #225
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
I don't think so. I've always been optimistic about the RX SC. I got my system used from V6Owner. I beleve it had all the current updates to make it a sound system and so far I've been pleased.

The tune is the only current downside. Trifecta's tune was not effective.
I think the only way to get it done properly is to have it done by a pro-shop like a Livernois.

If you've followed my build, (Erick's Mistress Getting RX Supercharged) I left it all in the hands of a good shop for the actual installation. (I'm no mechanic) Vision Tire and Auto did some tweeks but overall, they said the system went together well. They also got some good support from Tracy.

I ran the system for over a year with the trifecta tune without any issues except for un-optimized power. Now with the Livernois tune, I continue to feel very optimistic about the RX SC system. Even though the sytem is second hand, Tracy has been helpful.

It's been a big investment for the system, intsallation and the tune, but it's also been exciting to what can be done with some expert help, including the information on the forum.
Hopefully everything works out!!!
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #226
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Not trying to rain on your glory Peter but... You may need some more tweets. You should be able to build full boost in all gears at WOT. Not some in each gear then all out in the high gears.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Yea I know I still have to get a boost Controler and make my exhaust go to the turbo side and I should be good.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #227
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
Yea I know I still have to get a boost Controler and make my exhaust go to the turbo side and I should be good.
Happy to hear you're up and running. A boost controller will help definitely help! Also, where are you referencing the boost for the wastegate? Using a boost controller and referencing from the IM worked wonders for me.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #228
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Wow what a good read, I found myself totally engulfed. See here is the deal.....a good con artist will always find a way to make it so that you want to get conned by him again......This guy has really screwed up some peoples cars, what cracks me up is that the op has gone back to him!

I am sorry man, I know you just want your car fixed and you are all about him honoring his word. If I had my car in his shop and heard all about the people he screwed over and their cars that he messed up. I would have had my car out of that place ASAP...and I mean like that day. Remember, I used to work for a guy that could pass as this mans twin, so I am clear of the things that can happen to my car when exposed to that environment. If everything I have read is true...and I believe that if even 50 percent is BS then im still running scared man. I dont want any part of that . Hell I dont want anybody putting any bad MOJO on my car!! I remember people like you that used to come into the shop. They all had that look on there face like, concern and fear. Then they would convince themselves that they were doing the right thing.....all the while they were getting bent over and pounded again!

If I actually had my car at Matt's shop I would have had him do everything it needed. There would have been no reason to communicate with Rx anymore....when it came to tuning. I would have paid the extra money to have Matt get it right. Even if it meant taking the car down to the dealer and having them re flash the PCM so that you could get rid of that tunerlock crap!

This is just like an abusive relationship, someone is hurt and then runs back to the one that hurt them. Sorry OP but from the beginning of this thread I kept asking myself "what are you thinking"? You can read your postings and they sounded more to me like your trying to convince yourself not others.

I honestly hope things work out for you man. I have seen this happen so many times. I have seen the police, the lawyers, and the fists flying over stuff like this....oh yea...The flatbed with your car on it...either taking it out of the shop to another shop...or bringing it back to the shop after it blows up.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #229
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Hopefully everything works out!!!
So far so good. Livernois has a track day planned on Friday if the weather holds out. I'm looking forward to seeing how a proper tune performs.

I think the RX Roots is now available. Pretty cool system but I'd like to see a nice hood scoop to cover the opening in the hood.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #230
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Happy to hear you're up and running. A boost controller will help definitely help! Also, where are you referencing the boost for the wastegate? Using a boost controller and referencing from the IM worked wonders for me.
I'm using a gauge for now
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #231
Peter-5

Quote:
So far so good. Livernois has a track day planned on Friday if the weather holds out. I'm looking forward to seeing how a proper tune performs.

I think the RX Roots is now available. Pretty cool system but I'd like to see a nice hood scoop to cover the opening in the hood.
Keep in touch with the end results!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #232
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:

Awesome we' love to see some results as well
And as far as the roots blower goes for me personally I'd only consider one if ipf or someone reputable came out with one and it had positive reviews from a few members. I don't think anyone is running the RX roots
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #233
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Awesome we' love to see some results as well
And as far as the roots blower goes for me personally I'd only consider one if ipf or someone reputable came out with one and it had positive reviews from a few members. I don't think anyone is running the RX roots
There was one LLT and an LFX....however the LLT had tuning issues and haven't heard from the LFX owner in a long time...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #234
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Here's what remains of my RX experience. Ask Tracy if he wants to buy his kit back. I'll give him the special friend discount for $8,000.

butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #235
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
^^^^no bueno
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #236
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Boost controller won't fix that problem, it's for regulating the boost in general across the board. Not adjusting for boost per-gear or anything like that. Unless you have a "boost by speed controller". The exhaust piping won't help neither.

I build the same amount of boost in all gears and others with a SC or Turbo kit can tell you that a properly operating kit does also.

What it seems like you have is a bad wastegate or need more time tuning the car. Which is causing you to have what is called "boost creeping". Which isn't good for the turbo. Just some FYI...
Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #237
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Here's what remains of my RX experience. Ask Tracy if he wants to buy his kit back. I'll give him the special friend discount for $8,000.

Butters, You pulled your kit off?

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #238
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
Butters, You pulled your kit off?
Yea. I was having too many problems with it and didn't want to keep throwing money at it.

It feels good to have my old car back.
butters is offline   Reply With Quote