Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
93TAWicked1

Drives: Camaro
Trick to JRE Fuel rail mod install?

I just did an R&R of my SC to swap intake gaskets and the lid gasket to hopefully get rid of my 1071 and 1074 codes...

So the fuel rails have been the biggest pain, I'm also doing ID 850 injectors and JRE fuel rail mod. I installed the fittings on the fuel rail before installing the rails and now I just can get the angle to to get the lines???? The whole thing with no pictures is just frustrating to get an idea of HOW its supposed to install in the car. Assembling it was no problem but getting the fitting on either rail seems impossible with the angles that are involved...

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Old 09-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I installed the JRE fuel rail mod after I installed the S/C. Passenger side line wasn't a problem. Then I took the fuel line in the back of the S/C. That is where I had the most difficulty. I couldn't get the threads started into the fuel rail. I played with it for an hour. I called my buddy up and he came over. He had it on in 5 minutes. I should have put it on before I installed the S/C.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
93TAWicked1

lol can I fly your buddy out here? I started going down the route of installing with supercharger out bit had a tight fit to try and torque down intake bolts with rails installed.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
93TAWicked1

I tried installing in with the fuel rail off but there is a wierd angle back there with the rear of supercharger in the way
Old 09-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1 View Post
lol can I fly your buddy out here? I started going down the route of installing with supercharger out bit had a tight fit to try and torque down intake bolts with rails installed.
He just flew back from Seattle today.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
93TAWicked1

crap! lol
Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #7
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1 View Post
I just did an R&R of my SC to swap intake gaskets and the lid gasket to hopefully get rid of my 1071 and 1074 codes...

So the fuel rails have been the biggest pain, I'm also doing ID 850 injectors and JRE fuel rail mod. I installed the fittings on the fuel rail before installing the rails and now I just can get the angle to to get the lines???? The whole thing with no pictures is just frustrating to get an idea of HOW its supposed to install in the car. Assembling it was no problem but getting the fitting on either rail seems impossible with the angles that are involved...

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
If you bend the angled fitting you are trying to screw onto it will change the angle slightly making it easier to screw on. Remember only bend a little and it is the looped ends that are on the ends of the fuel rails. Had the same problem, hope this helps.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #8
93TAWicked1

thanks I might try that so may the 90 degree end a 95 degree...thats what's so frustrating it is very close. I'm not sure what you mean by looped ends? both ends look 90 degree fittings?? thank you so much for the reaponse...what did you use to bend?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #9
93TAWicked1

Got finally....one of the harder things I've had to install in quite some time. I took the fuel rails off again to hook them up, passenger side was tight, and I don't think I "looped it right but it's all connected..I'll know in a but if it leaks or not...Thanks for all the help!