Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 AM   #29
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
I agree Hyundai is making nice cars. A guy at the office has the V8 Genisis sedan and loves it. However, I look at the whole package and the Japanese cars just don't get me excited. I'm driving a 2000 LeSabre with 170,000 miles and wouldn't trade it for any of the Japanese cars. Maybe it's my youth coming back, but the Camaro is worth the car payment. A Z car is more money and looks like a 911 wanna be that just hasn't got it to me. If it wasn't the Camaro, it would be a used 2008 CTS.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #30
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
performance aside
PERSONALLY....IMO... I REALLY don't like this interior
i'd like to sit in one though to see how it feels
and people say the camaros interior is boring.....

i would take the camaro's interior over the gensis coupes any day
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #31
dougmac

Drives: 2011 V6 MCA & 1969 GT Mustang
Andyrew ... was that Genesis AT or MT ??

I've only seen the Genesis interior in person, the Camaro & 2010 Mustang I've only seen pictures. Based on pics though, I like the 2010 Mustang interior best, Camaro 2nd, & Genesis 3rd.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Genesis SEAT was very comfortable and driver ergonomics were almost perfect. As the Camaro is my top choice at the moment overall, I just hope I like the seat and driver ergonomics ... I can live with the look and feel of the "as good as it gets plastic" everywhere, but I better be comfortable driving it. From what Number 3 has said in many different posts, I should be very satisfied ... I'm hoping he's right !!

Doug
dougmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #32
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I like the interior, but the rest of the car is very average. That sort of mediocrity won't win shows, but it will get customers who want a faster family car for a good price. The Camaro is very sporty and won't pul off that image as well.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #33
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
It was automatic, They didnt have the v6 in manual, only in the 4cylinder and Im not getting another turbo car (To much temptation to modify it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmac View Post
Andyrew ... was that Genesis AT or MT ??

I've only seen the Genesis interior in person, the Camaro & 2010 Mustang I've only seen pictures. Based on pics though, I like the 2010 Mustang interior best, Camaro 2nd, & Genesis 3rd.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Genesis SEAT was very comfortable and driver ergonomics were almost perfect. As the Camaro is my top choice at the moment overall, I just hope I like the seat and driver ergonomics ... I can live with the look and feel of the "as good as it gets plastic" everywhere, but I better be comfortable driving it. From what Number 3 has said in many different posts, I should be very satisfied ... I'm hoping he's right !!

Doug
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Here's the problem that I have with the Genesis coupe - YOU CAN GET ONE! Same can be said for Mustang and Challenger.

What I want is a Camaro - and not a single one can be seen or touched at a dealer in Iowa. Not One. My dad was just in Southern California. Stopped at EVERY Chevrolet dealer he saw to ask about the Camaro...not one store had one, or information on it. In fact on two occasions at seperate dealers he was told that customers have stopped asking about the Camaro completely. These customers are tired of waiting and reading about the cars in the press and NOT being able to touch and drive one themselves. This is only HELPING the sales of the other cars. How many Camaro5 members have we 'lost' to the Challenger this year already??? :upset:

For me, this huge push in the press showing the great features of the Camaro and the great mileage should have WAITED until the dealers at least HAD CARS to show and get people in - this would have translated to orders if the car is as good as it is being touted. Now all GM is getting is a bunch of people running to the dealers to see the car they just read about and finding an Aveo 5 in the showroom.

OH! And in dad's entire trip the ONLY information he saw on the new Camaro was at a Rental Car stand - a big picture of the Camaro and a tag line stating they will be available for rent Spring of '09!

Last edited by toesuf94; 03-26-2009 at 11:31 AM.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
For me, this huge push in the press showing the great features of the Camaro and the great mileage should have WAITED until the dealers at least HAD CARS to show and get people in...
But you're still hanging on because you know that stuff, right? What if they never said 29mpg...or let magazines have the car....don't you think you'd be more inclined to buy the competitor right now?

EDIT: And you can't get a 2010 Mustang at dealers yet, either....
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #36
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
Hyundai is still a Hyundai. Kia is the retarded cousin of Hyundai. All in all if you own one you either love them (and never had to bring it to the shop) or you hate their frickin guts. MY view is the hate one. Great warranty on paper but just try to get them to cover stuff under the warranty. Alot of hoops to jump through and good luck getting a quick answer. Dealers that try to get out of warranty work because they don't pay them very much to do it. Alot of brake and rust problems. Electrical problems that make Izuzu's look like fine Italian autos. The only good think I can say is that you can put mud on them, plant seeds, water and in a few days it looks like a car with a toupe.

KA KA KA KIa
Now, don't get me wrong here. I'm not telling everyone to rush out and buy a Hyundai. But the amount of prejudice in your statement is almost laughable. Ever owned one? Or are you just assuming all of this? I have a 2001 Sonata, I-4. I hate it. It's ugly. It smells bad (mostly because I don't shower before I leave the gym). It's slow as balls. It handles like a hovercraft. I actually had a girl, with whom I thought I was making some serious headway, spit in my face, knee me in the balls, push me to the ground and fart on my face after telling her what I drove.

But it's got 99,984 miles on it (should hit the big 100k sometime in the next month - I ride my bike everywhere). I change the oil about every 8,000 miles. It's gone through one timing belt since its inception. Never had to replace the brake pads. I've gone through one CV axle about 2 years ago, and noticed last week the other one was popping when I turned.

That's. It.

100k miles, 1 timing belt, 2 CV axles. Never had an electrical problem. I've even replaced the stock head unit with a pioneer CD player and all 4 speakers. Gets about 29 mpg on the highway, 22 in town.

Is it cool? Hell no. Is it fast? Yeah right. Does it score me chicks? I'd have better luck telling girls I was gay. But it has been more reliable than just about any other car I, or anyone in my entire family, has owned. When I get my Camaro next year, I'm going to keep my Sonata for my DD and play with my SS.

Seriously, you sound like a BMW owner hating on American cars. I guess some of us just don't let our pretentiousness get in the way of keeping our minds open and knowing a good deal when we see one.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #37
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
interior looks like a camaro... slighty... still a bland passenger side... different centre stack... MUCH uglier wheel

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #38
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But you're still hanging on because you know that stuff, right? What if they never said 29mpg...or let magazines have the car....don't you think you'd be more inclined to buy the competitor right now?

I am hanging on because I ONLY buy GM....however, I am upset by what is going on because I want to see the company that I love succeed. I want this car to be a home run and bring people into the showrooms and end the movement away from GM once and for all. By not having the cars where the public can touch them and drive them right now at the height of it's promotion to me is a sin, and will probably turn some people away for good. This is my fear. In reading this thread and others, it is already happening. Here's Hyundai - coupe is in the rags...coupe is on t.v....and the coupe is available at a dealer near you RIGHT EFFING NOW. Chrysler showed the Challenger in '06 and was for sale in '08. (existing platform I know) GM is late to the game at a time when they cannot afford to be - that is why I wrote what I wrote. Yes I know it takes time to develop a car. Yes, they are working to get it right. I get all that. I just wish they didn't bungle it by not having the demo cars at the dealers at a time when they seriously need the showroom traffic and when the car is front and center on every newstand, Nascar race, TV show, music video, news program - this is all for not if the car cannot be bought.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I gotcha. Well...to their credit -- that is why they're churning out only those V6s right off the bat. They want every dealer in the nation to have at least ONE for people to touch and drive and see. Plus...you've got to factor in the some 14+ thousand preorders that are bottle-necking the cars from getting to dealers...in some ways, what you describe above is our fault.:( 14,000....that's almost 20% of how many they wanted to build.

I guess my point is - they're trying. The time it took to develop will ensure quality, which will pay off in the long run. Which is really what's important. Sure...they're going to loose a few early orderes...but it's being produced for more than one year, right?

EDIT: I don't think the Challenger wasn't much different, really. They made 6000 SRT8s the first model year, and they were all consumed by preorders. Dealers didn't get their hands on any 'till late 2008.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #40
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I am hanging on because I ONLY buy GM....however, I am upset by what is going on because I want to see the company that I love succeed. I want this car to be a home run and bring people into the showrooms and end the movement away from GM once and for all. By not having the cars where the public can touch them and drive them right now at the height of it's promotion to me is a sin, and will probably turn some people away for good. This is my fear. In reading this thread and others, it is already happening. Here's Hyundai - coupe is in the rags...coupe is on t.v....and the coupe is available at a dealer near you RIGHT EFFING NOW. Chrysler showed the Challenger in '06 and was for sale in '08. (existing platform I know) GM is late to the game at a time when they cannot afford to be - that is why I wrote what I wrote. Yes I know it takes time to develop a car. Yes, they are working to get it right. I get all that. I just wish they didn't bungle it by not having the demo cars at the dealers at a time when they seriously need the showroom traffic and when the car is front and center on every newstand, Nascar race, TV show, music video, news program - this is all for not if the car cannot be bought.
You're hinging your whole argument on the idea that Chevy Camaro advertising has reached some sort of peak.

Transformers 2 is going to come out this summer, and by that time a substantial number of pre-orders will have been filled. I know everyone here who gets their 'maro before the movie comes out will be there on opening night which will be just like free advertising for Chevrolet. And by that time, there will be a whole wave of people wanting info on the car, and at that point all of the dealers will be MUCH more familiar with the vehicle and be able to give much more accurate information about it.

Don't worry, bro. This thing is going to be a huge success. Just wait and see
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #41
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

True, but havent they been buying the competitor for almost 8 years?
Why wait as long as we have without a peep, then blast it all out when the car still isnt ready? In the scope of things this is a tiny gripe, but really, GM has done a very poor job building this car. until about a week ago the camaro web site was a disasterpiece. Others have done much better. For instance the 370Z. We hardly heard about it until it was IN dealers. First time I read my Motor Trend article about it, I could go test drive it. And it hadnt been over-hyped. I like that.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #42
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
To those that use the worn out refrain "It's only a fill in the blank" need to come out of their caves.

As a Corvette owner do you know how many times we hear that??? It's about time we find more mature ways to voice our likes and dislikes.

The fact that a Camaro is a Chevy in many circles is no different than a Hyundai, so let's stop being so righteous, it’s not very becoming.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote