Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #211
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Well….that was a complete "Dud" of a Camaro Rally!!! In fact, there was absolutely NO mention of any Camaro Rally while at this show. Lot's of announcer talk about the huge presence of the Mustang and Challenger Clubs, but not a single word about any Camaro Rally. There was probably only about 10-12 5th Gens there, and of course, several 1st Gens. And NO, none of the Camaro's were parked together…AT ALL. Would have been nice to know that the whole idea of a Sunshine State Camaro Rally was totally dropped and abandoned before I signed up for a $180 hotel room!!! Very disappointed in the participation from Camaro5 members and Florida 5th Gen Owners in general. Of course, if it was only advertised on Camaro5, then I guess you can't expect much. I met two other nice guys there at the show, who obviously were Camaro5 members, and they were equally disappointed as well. I seriously had thoughts of quitting car shows all together after this weekend. What a complete waste of time and money. Thanks for the heads up!!! NOT!!!
I was thinking the same. I understand that people might have lost interest since the first and second rally but it felt disappointing. To know the rally was pretty much canceled when I got my registration it was pretty much a let down.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #212
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Well….that was a complete "Dud" of a Camaro Rally!!! In fact, there was absolutely NO mention of any Camaro Rally while at this show. Lot's of announcer talk about the huge presence of the Mustang and Challenger Clubs, but not a single word about any Camaro Rally. There was probably only about 10-12 5th Gens there, and of course, several 1st Gens. And NO, none of the Camaro's were parked together…AT ALL. Would have been nice to know that the whole idea of a Sunshine State Camaro Rally was totally dropped and abandoned before I signed up for a $180 hotel room!!! Very disappointed in the participation from Camaro5 members and Florida 5th Gen Owners in general. Of course, if it was only advertised on Camaro5, then I guess you can't expect much. I met two other nice guys there at the show, who obviously were Camaro5 members, and they were equally disappointed as well. I seriously had thoughts of quitting car shows all together after this weekend. What a complete waste of time and money. Thanks for the heads up!!! NOT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
I was thinking the same. I understand that people might have lost interest since the first and second rally but it felt disappointing. To know the rally was pretty much canceled when I got my registration it was pretty much a let down.
Agreed - I thought this was going to be a much "Bigger" event. Mustangs out numbered Camaro's 4:1
Old 10-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #213
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Soo what exactly happened with this? I didn't even know there was an event.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #214
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Wow, I would not have been able to make this event nor did I know about it. I just moved to the Jacksonville area from Southern California. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with the car and Camaro scene out here. With all of the smog and car restrictions out west, I was really expecting it to be huge in Florida.
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #215
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Chester View Post
Wow, I would not have been able to make this event nor did I know about it. I just moved to the Jacksonville area from Southern California. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed with the car and Camaro scene out here. With all of the smog and car restrictions out west, I was really expecting it to be huge in Florida.
Tampa has a pretty good car scene.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #216
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Soo what exactly happened with this? I didn't even know there was an event.
I'm not sure what happened, it was all hyped up for several months like it was going to be this huge Camaro Rally, and when I got there…..it was just a normal (fairly small) car show. There was mention of a local Mustang Club at the show and even a Mopar Club, but not one word about anything having to do with Camaros. There was maybe only a dozen 5th Gen Camaros there….if that. I think the whole idea must have just fizzled and no one bothered to mention it!!! I wish I would have known…..I wouldn't have driven all the way over there, or spent $180 on a room!!! Oh well….lesson learned!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote