Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #57
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
damn! You're being consistent -- every 3 years (almost) ;o)

Do love the color...

Post up some new ones!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #58
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Yea it’s a slow road here, anything and everything with this car is a challenge. Nothing comes easy. For example I ordered a RXT 1200 clutch from summit, gets here the next day and I open it up. Part number on the box was right but the clutch inside was a RST, thanks McLeod. What ever, I live 45 minutes from Summit and it’s always good to check out their scratch and dent/demo section. Well I about had to bust out the crayons and explain it Barney style why the clutch wasn’t right but he eventually understands the part number on the clutch doesnt match the part number on the box. Of course they don’t have another in stock, they have to ship it from the Texas warehouse because why would I be that lucky? Lol. I got the clutch though, it’s in the car and it’s the right one. I was just really wanting to do it the weekend that I ordered it. Just one example of many headaches of trying to do anything with this car.

Also I don’t frequent this forum much the past 5-6 years or so. Occasionally check the market place, Forced Induction and drag race sections. I’ll post up some more pictures when I get them, just got it back on the road this weekend after having my F1C Procharger rebuilt and putting a new clutch in. Hopefully it won’t be another 3 years before the next update though ��.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #59
Neumatic

723hp 631tq before running out of fuel. Got a dual pump setup ordered with flex fuel sensor. Don’t have any E85 pumps in town but figured I can get a drum and refill it at the pump in the next town over when I need it.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #60
Neumatic

Getting quite the collection of parts for this winters project. Fore double pump with AGP wiring harness and Hobbs switch, E85 sensor, PTFE nylon braided fuel line and fittings, ID F750 fuel filter, line lock and a trap door I’m going to use for easy fuel pump access.

Just ordered BMR 15” suspension, BMR Swaybar and Carlyle 15” brakes. Been on the look out for a 3.73 ZL1 differential but haven’t found anything for a good price.will probably just end up getting a 9”.
Attached Images

Last edited by Neumatic; 09-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #61
Neumatic

Plenty more parts came in. All the rear suspension stuff came in a while ago. Strange double adjustable front coilovers/struts came in this week. Ordered a G-Force 9” rearend. 3rd member came in today from Strange. Went with a Pro-Iron case, 3.70 gears with a 35 spline S-trac. Housing will probably be another 4-5 weeks I’m guessing.

Now that the weather has gone to crap I guess it’s time to actually put some work in. My parts collection is starting to be boarderline hoarding. All I have on my plate this winter is get my semi all fixed up and ready for spring and get this pig together. So I’m sure I’ll find a way to mess this up lol.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #62
Neumatic

Pulled the stock struts off and assembled the Strange coilover struts today. Couldn’t find my spanner wrenches so I called it a night. Should get them on the car and build some brackets for the ABS and Brake hose tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #63
Neumatic

Been slowly working on this lately. Mounted my fuel pressure regulator and plumbed a couple lines, just had to put a different end on my return line since I had it was already plumbed for my Aeromotive pump. Have the fuel tank dropped right now, the Fore double pump sitting in the tank right now. Working on getting all the wiring ran for the pumps and Hobbs switch, using AGP’s wiring rather than the Fore module. At the same time iv been pulling off all the Alky control meth injection stuff. Installed all the stuff for it and never actually used it and now I decided to switch to E85. Nothing like wasting time and money lol.

Still waiting on my rearend housing. Going to have to call and see when it’s going to get done. Going to be pretty upset if it doesn’t get here in time for me to install it before work gets busy. Once I get busy I’m not going to have time to work on any big projects.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2020, 04:44 AM   #64
Neumatic

Been working on this a lot. My 9" housing came in and Iv just about got everything back together. 9" is in the car and I have all my suspension stuff switched over to the BMR 15" suspension. Once i button up some things with the suspension Im going to swap the brakes to the Carlyle 15" brakes.

I haven't even finished up everything with my fuel system. Fuel tank is back in the car and everything is plumbed. I still need to mount my Hobbs switch and wire it up for the 2nd fuel pump and wire up the flex fuel sensor. Then turn the power on and check for the inevitable leaks. I've had the car on the lift so I haven't been able to work on anything in the engine bay.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:53 AM   #65
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
man, what a fun parts pile! My stash looks eerily similar, but you're much smarter and are doing a lot more suspension stuff.

I'm in for fuel system updates.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #66
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
man, what a fun parts pile! My stash looks eerily similar, but you're much smarter and are doing a lot more suspension stuff.

I'm in for fuel system updates.
I figured if I’m going to tear the rearend apart I mind as well do it all at once. It’s been long over due, Iv been on borrowed time with my stock differential and axles. The goal is to get it ready for Drag Week in September. Cage is going to be the biggest obstacle now that I got the rearend.

It didn’t help that I was buying parts and just tossing them in the pile because I was too busy with work. Takes 5 minutes to order up a months worth of work, adds up quick. The pile got a lot bigger than the pictures I have on here lol.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:11 PM   #67
Neumatic

Ordered some 17x5 and 15x10 Weld S76 Beadlocks. Can’t wait to get them in and see how it looks on the car.

Really need to update this with some pictures. I’ve made some decent progress lately.
-9”, axles and driveshaft installed
-15” Suspension and brakes installed
-Fuel system is done, just need to put power and fuel to everything and check for leaks then set base pressure
-Line lock is mounted, just need to wire it
-2Step is ran and mocked up just need to wire up my clutch signal, I’m using LPE’s CTAP to activate the 2 step

Tomorrow I’m going to work on bleeding the brakes and I’m going to have to do a bit of tweaking to get my exhaust to fit. GForce has a spot for a temperature sensor in the 9” housing and they put it right where the passenger side exhaust goes. If I have time after that I’ll work on wiring the 2Step and Linelock switches.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #68
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
What brand of line lock did you go with? It's the one big thing i'm doing this off season and looking for recommendations.

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
riki3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #69
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by riki3fan View Post
What brand of line lock did you go with? It's the one big thing i'm doing this off season and looking for recommendations.
Hurst, I think I’m having problems with it bleeding off though. Sorry I didn’t see your post, I don’t check this much.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #70
Neumatic

Got it tuned on E85. Made 811hp 730tq to the wheels with more left in it.

Took it to track today for the second time. Just getting the suspension all tuned in, was hoping to rip off at least a 10.99. Wasn’t MPHing like I think it should though, feels like it falls on its face when I hit 3rd. Need to get another laptop to data log passes. Anyways, first pass today 11.04 @ 126mph 1.6 60ft. First time I got a decent launch out of it, progress being made in the suspension tuning!

Then disaster struck on the next pass. Left too hard and spun the tires, pedaled it and got back into it. Hit second and it pulled hard, hit 3rd and it just lost all its power. Snapped the snout of the crank. So that’s probably a wrap for this year, time to get a plan together for a real motor.