Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I see this as a compromise from GM for all the Z28 complainers. I think this is as close to a RPO z28 that will be seen any time soon. Now lets see if any will see the compromise, and put their money where their mouth is, or just come up with another excuse not to get a 5th Gen. Face it your day of RPO z28 may never come.
Key word "compromise".
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #44
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I hate to agree but.... Given the cost of R&D, profit margins and the many trims available on the Camaro now, I just don't see them producing a Z/28 this generation. I think until 2017 and the 50th anniversary, the 1LE is as close as we will get. And I'm fine with it! I already have a 5th so I'll wait for the 50th. But I hope the people who wanted this step up and buy it so GM keeps listening to us when we ask for things. However I have the feeling this may be a very rare car. I have owned Z's and they are great but I don't get why people get so stuck on a name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Sent from my pager using a St. Bernard named Emperor Flufflebum
It's what the "name" stands for! Content, sum of its parts that's the Z28.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #45
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I'm curious, please explain to me what in the 1LE SS option (which it appears to be) makes it so different than simply buying an SS and doing a few mods? While I do see some upgrades, I don't see an overwhelming difference, I don't like the silly looking slash marks on the fender, I don't like the black hood, so what am I missing?
Clyde
That's what it appears to be to me as well, an option for the SS. I Respect what they've done, however I would rather mod a 1SS my way. And that's what I may do, begrudgingly.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
You'd be better off modding your SS the way YOU want it, instead of paying double to just get the same thing from the factory. Get some PFADT suspension parts and put them on your SS...boom there's your 1LE haha, except a few vinyl wrapped panels, and the wheels. I don't think a Z/28 is coming either, just wouldn't make sense from GM's point of view in my opinion.

I have to admit, I love those 1LE/ZL1 wheels.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #47
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
I'm curious, please explain to me what in the 1LE SS option (which it appears to be) makes it so different than simply buying an SS and doing a few mods? While I do see some upgrades, I don't see an overwhelming difference, I don't like the silly looking slash marks on the fender, I don't like the black hood, so what am I missing?
Clyde

I still believe we will have a 5th gen. Z/28 before it's over.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #48
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post

I still believe we will have a 5th gen. Z/28 before it's over.
I'm feeling better about it after Fbods comment in the 1LE/SS thread.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #49
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
The deciding thing here is that screen finally.... But all 2013s are Gunnar get it, so if price is more than 4000 for the le package it is kind of redundant and assuming such....

It will probably be more then 4k for that minor swap, not upgrade (Canadian dollars)

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #50
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Not that my singular opinion will buy anyone much (including, unfortunately, ME!), but I see this as a worthy SS upgrade for (hopefully!) NOT a huge amount of dough.

Increased gription? Check. FE4, beefed anti-sway bars, wheels/tires, some bushings upgrades...
Increased performance? Check. 3.91s will liven up the LS3; HD trans/axles will harness it.
Distinct appearance? Check. Not just any SS...and for some that's mighty important.
Build it your way? Check. Options for those who seek them.

Call this one ZEE Lite. And there's nothing wrong with that AT ALL...for those who want "that".

So, what was missed? Or, better yet, what "opportunity" exists for a jenn-you-wine ZEE?

More power (as opposed to Mopar!)
6-pot front brakes...which, until substantially more steam arrives, are not yet necessary
HD diff...see above
Eye-straining (as opposed to bone-jarring) suspension upgrade...Coilovers...or MRC...

So, boys 'n girls, we're close...closer than we were...and, as fbodfather hisself has said (again last night, in fact...), "we're NOT done..."
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #51
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I think that's the key question, how much will this option cost? It could be a bargain or it could be over priced, we'll just have to wait and see.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #52
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..old news, wait & see..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #53
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
I think that's the key question, how much will this option cost? It could be a bargain or it could be over priced, we'll just have to wait and see.
They said under $40K in the official GM press release.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #54
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
I hate to agree but.... Given the cost of R&D, profit margins and the many trims available on the Camaro now, I just don't see them producing a Z/28 this generation. I think until 2017 and the 50th anniversary, the 1LE is as close as we will get. And I'm fine with it! I already have a 5th so I'll wait for the 50th. But I hope the people who wanted this step up and buy it so GM keeps listening to us when we ask for things. However I have the feeling this may be a very rare car. I have owned Z's and they are great but I don't get why people get so stuck on a name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Sent from my pager using a St. Bernard named Emperor Flufflebum

Quote:
Clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That's what it appears to be to me as well, an option for the SS. I Respect what they've done, however I would rather mod a 1SS my way. And that's what I may do, begrudgingly.
This
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #55
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post

This
QUIT FACEPALMING ME, BRIAN!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #56
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
They said under $40K in the official GM press release.
Key being "starting at" under $40,000. I'm guessing the 1LE with the same options as a 2SS will end up being about $2000-$3000 more, which is pretty good for what you're getting.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
we want a real z/28