Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
PSU SS

Drives: 2010 SS
Car Covers Recommendations?

I want/need to get a car cover but I have no idea what to shop for. Can somebody fill me in on what to look for and/or give me a recommendation on a cover? I don't really want to buy a cheap POS, I want something to last.

Thanks in advance.
PSU SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
I got mine at california car cover..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU SS View Post
I want/need to get a car cover but I have no idea what to shop for. Can somebody fill me in on what to look for and/or give me a recommendation on a cover? I don't really want to buy a cheap POS, I want something to last.

Thanks in advance.
Off topic but,,,, Went to my first Penn State game last year. The opener against Youngstown I beleive.. It was an awesome experience. My fiancee is from Altoona. I fly into State College...WE ARE.............!!!!....

good luck on the car cover.
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
if your car sits out side dont bother, they tend to scratch & promote mold growth.

if its in side cal cover, or even from wolf.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
unix748

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Check out the covercraft line of car covers. I have the dust top for indoor storage and it fits/protects perfect.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
my OL got me one from auto anything,,,its for dust in garage..not outside..and is really soft and wont hurt the paint.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
PSU SS

Quote:
Off topic but,,,, Went to my first Penn State game last year. The opener against Youngstown I beleive.. It was an awesome experience. My fiancee is from Altoona. I fly into State College...WE ARE.............!!!!....
you should come in for a night game, it would be like youngstown on steroids.

Quote:
if your car sits out side dont bother, they tend to scratch & promote mold growth.
thanks for the advice. i wanted one for both indoor and outdoor use. my car is getting pounded with pollen right now.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
they need to make one with the same material as the Adams plush micro rags..on the inside
Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU SS View Post
thanks for the advice. i wanted one for both indoor and outdoor use. my car is getting pounded with pollen right now.
so is mine, I have my kids wash it a few times a week.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

We would certainly be happy to help you out with the GM cover.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
SSiick

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS/RS
I have a california car cover until I can get my buddies harley out of my garage. I paid about 320 shipped with "Camaro SS" embroidered on the front. It does a great job of keep her dry even in heavy down pours. The only downside is you have to keep an eye on the days where it is going to storm or be windy because you shouldnt leave it on.

I also went to PSU, both Altoona and main campus. My gf still goes there so Ive been up a few times this year to visit her. Ill have to keep an eye out for you next time Im up.
SSiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
PSU SS

Quote:
I also went to PSU, both Altoona and main campus. My gf still goes there so Ive been up a few times this year to visit her. Ill have to keep an eye out for you next time Im up.
i went to altoona as well in 99 and 00... great time. pm me next time you plan on coming up and maybe we can grab a beer and bs about cars.

i'm starting to think about an all camaro tailgate?? we could all get stuck in the fields together.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
davidmk001

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
I went to the local Canadian Tire (or I guess any automotive/parts place would work) and picked up an outdoor use cover for $80. Works well nothing but the wheels (slightly are exposed). I need it for this time of year as the pollen and since I park under a tree as the leavs come in it drops those damn 'helicopters' all over it and they actually stain the paint and are a b*tch to get off.

Never covered my old car (Civic) no chance in hell am I letting the Chevy go down that road
davidmk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Covercraft. The only way to go.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote