Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Hey GM

As I was in the main Camaro5 forum looking at the various sub-forums, I noticed once again that the Z28 forum had no one viewing. So sad...wish GM would at least give us a "Yes, have faith"
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I think the regulars feel we've worked and talked it through for years. Including the what, how, and why. Now just waiting on the when. I'm sure when it's announced the Z28 section will explode!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy

I think the only chance will be maybe the last model year or two to keep sales hot (if needed).... kinda like the Boss 302 is for the Mustang. I am however encouraged that they are continually making improvments each year. Also, the 1LE would have been an easy way out for GM to finally have a Z/28 model.... but they didn't. I too would like a up or down.... but I do understand the need to not share "everything"

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
All points well taken, I think the majority feels the return will happen at some point within the not too distant future. ZL1...1LE...then....? A conscious effort taken by a performance oriented program with deliberate steps in mind. Maybe not ours, but their's. Follow the rhetoric, logic, and connect the dots. Enough has been alluded to by GM spokesman over the past the Z-28 will return. In a Gen 5 platform? Unsure. But in the new model 2016 I think it's a given. My .02
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
I don't think it's terribly likely that a Z28 will be produced on the Zeta platform, but that's only my opinion. That's one of the reasons why I'm going to purchase a 2013 ZL1 (besides the fact that I think that the ZL1 is one of the type of vehicles that I have dreamed of owning), as I'm getting too old to wait for a Z28. However, if a Z28 is produced, Zeta or Alpha (which I think is more likely given the design parameters) I will purchase one, as the first gen Z28 concept is one of the types of vehicles that I have really wanted since the 5th Gen Camaro concept was unveiled. I know that a new Z28 will never be quite the same as a first gen Z28, and that one can never truly go home again, but the type of vehicle that first gen Z28 represented is a concept that, I think, that is still a vehicle that has a viable market, and would be a well received vehicle, even if it doesn't have a solid lifter 30-30 cam.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 04-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Proto Type....

Right here is what ya need....

Name:  700 HP LS3 Z28 1.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  233.3 KB

Name:  700 HP LS3 Z28 Hood Up 1.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  244.2 KB

Name:  700 HP LS3 728 Engine 1.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  194.8 KB
Attached Images

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
only problems I see. it's a second gen and it's not NA.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
carguy
Carguy

First Gen wasn't Either...Just said it was my version of a pro to type. Why not Move it along and make the next Z28 a second Gen Version. JMHO

I would have changed it up some to update some body lines but my tooling capacities are limited. Only can do so much....

Just a thought. Like it or leave it.

Gotta start somewhere. Already have to many versions of the 5 gen's what more can you do ?

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 04-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
carguy
Carguy

After all the 5th's were styled after this FIRST gens or at least picked up some of the similar body lines. Why not Make the next, after the Seconds.All for a 5th Gen Z if it happens but not really sure what else they can do except loose some weight.

Maybe i am jumping the gun a little...just looking ahead and again JOMHU....

Last edited by carguy; 04-22-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
only problems I see. it's a second gen and it's not NA.
Hey they put the Z28 on the side Not Me....

Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
If history is any indication (look at the name or more simply badge changes of the 3rd Gens), the "SS" will simply become a "Z/28".

Having said that, as they currently appear to be keeping with tradition, if it returns, expect it to be a package option and faithful to it's origins (ie: 60's models). And most people won't be happy...as they want the "badge" and not the original intention of the package.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
If history is any indication (look at the name or more simply badge changes of the 3rd Gens), the "SS" will simply become a "Z/28".

Having said that, as they currently appear to be keeping with tradition, if it returns, expect it to be a package option and faithful to it's origins (ie: 60's models). And most people won't be happy...as they want the "badge" and not the original intention of the package.
As sad as it is...I think you are right. Just day Dreaming.

Ater all, even the second gens version of a Z28 were just adding Z28 Decals and that was just about it. Maybe some extra gauges instead of dummy lights. maybe a lower rear gear ratio option to make the numbers look better but mainly just PR stuff.

The heritage of the first 608 might be lost forever....lets hope not.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
After all the 5th's were styled after this FIRST gens or at least picked up some of the similar body lines. Why not Make the next, after the Seconds.All for a 5th Gen Z if it happens but not really sure what else they can do except loose some weight.

Maybe i am jumping the gun a little...just looking ahead and again JOMHU....
because I for one. . don't care for the second gens. lol. I don't even like the 3rd gens. and I also believe that's where they started losing people. There was a 1st gen Z28 and has always been a Z28. this is the only generation with out a Z28. That's why there needs to be a 5th gen Z28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Hey they put the Z28 on the side Not Me....

I know you didn't, but you did put the supercharger on there. lol. it's just my opinion. like it or leave it. All Z28's should be Naturally Aspirated... just my opinion. would love a 5th gen with a gen V v-8 pushing 500 horses and FE6 suspension, and option to add a roll cage and remove the back seat.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Me like the Z28 , had one!

Tags
where's our z/28??