Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #127
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
All -- we're exceedingly happy with your responses to the picture of the white car.......just great to see the excitement and passion you have for the new Camaro. (and we live for this!)

For those of you in Michigan and Arizona -- and hey -- other states as well -- keep your eyes open -- cammo is officially off......and as Ed Peper says -- we hope you'll take pictures (hopefully good ones....) and post 'em!

Oh -- and Bowtie Guy -- careful of those 'Camarogasms' when you're driving!

(shared your comment with the group -- everyone cracked up for quite some time!)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #128
SulphurDave

Drives: N/A
too late and buzzed to say anything clever right now but i'm liking it!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #129
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I never realized how freaking hard it is to color something that's white....
but it's coming along...this is a first shot at it.
It doesn't help that GM put a real flat white on there...for obvious reasons of course...but geesh - Photoshop hates it.
Thats the colour I painted my Concept Camaro, well am in the process of painting. I ran out of the blue metallic.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #130
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All -- we're exceedingly happy with your responses to the picture of the white car.......just great to see the excitement and passion you have for the new Camaro. (and we live for this!)

For those of you in Michigan and Arizona -- and hey -- other states as well -- keep your eyes open -- cammo is officially off......and as Ed Peper says -- we hope you'll take pictures (hopefully good ones....) and post 'em!

Oh -- and Bowtie Guy -- careful of those 'Camarogasms' when you're driving!

(shared your comment with the group -- everyone cracked up for quite some time!)
Darn it Scott, I'm out of virgins to send. I do live in LA after all...they're hard to come by out here.

So with that new higher res picture, we can confirm that at least the prototype has a glass panel in the roof of some sort, cowl induction, and some sort of vents in front of the rear wheels. Me likey so far.

I was shocked to see the sunroof at first, but then I realized that they pretty much have to design two sets of roofs and headliners for any car with a sunroof option, so I guess it wasn't too much harder to design both a reverse 'hawk and a flat roof with a glass panel. I agree, that sure makes for a difficult decision for a lot of people, but I know that I will definitely order a sunroof if it is offered. And one should be, since the Challenger offers one and a glass-roofed Mustang variant is planned.

For gas caps, I have honestly never noticed any extra effort having to go around to the passenger side to fill up. I'm one of those very rare un-Americans who thinks nothing of walking a couple extra feet. I take the stairs to my cube every day, as I work on the second floor (first floor for our friends across the pond), yet all of my coworkers take the elevator. As far as sitting in the car and pumping a few extra gallons in after it shuts off, both are no-nos. Sitting in the car supposedly increases static electricity build-up, and while I'm sure the threat is exaggerated, you're still technically not supposed to do that. Topping off is a real thing to never do though. The cut-off point is set for a reason, and pumping in more after it shuts itself off just floods the charcoal canister and will likely lead to costly repairs down the line. Really, you should never do that. Getting an extra 2 tenths of a gallon in the tank is just not worth it. And with people causing problems when you pull in head-to-head....WOW. I live in LA, land of the incompetent and self-centered driver, and I have never had anyone cause a problem like that. That is just unbelievable that would happen.

You want a difficult gas filler? My 1970 Olds has the filler behind the rear license plate (it folds down to expose the cap), and it won't hold the nozzle in place by itself, so I have to kneel behind the car physically holding the nozzle in while it fills up. It has a 20 gallon tank too. Now that is an annoying fuel filler.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #131
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Bob Lutz come through for us Again!!!
Albeit...it's kind of small - but maybe a bigger picture will come soon.

And the Hi-res, first posted here by Diarmadhi:

COOL it has a SUNROOF and a Shark antenna!!!! I want to see shots of the front without camo!!!! It looks almost better than the concept version on the outside, look at the matching door handles! The plastic bottom and exhaust tips are neat too! I LOVE it!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #132
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Why are y'all still saying whoot! it still has the vents!! Are my eyes bad? because all I see are three indentations, not a single cut through the metal. Yes, yes, I still love it, but those are NOT vents! Don't get me wrong, It's awesome, and I appreciate Scott's comments about how not everything is production yet, so I still have hope about my vents, at least on the V8, or "A" V8 since there probably will be more than one. I also appreciate Scott's comments I first saw on Josh's TheGMsource.com about it being 65% done. I'm hopeing for better gauges, deeper, more detail. But hey, it's a camaro, and I love the shape! I wanna go Stang huntin!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #133
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
The larger picture shows more detail, looks nice. Anyone got some pictures showing the actual car from the front, to see grille and the back? Am I wrong or is this car delayed a year until end of 2009?
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #134
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
camaro10, like you, I pray that they "cut open" those air vents. If there's one thing that I think is so cheasy, it's having air inlets, vents, etc that DON'T WORK. I think it's a waste even putting them on. One of my biggest complaints about the Mustang...air vents. My wifes 00 had them. The air vents in the sides were for show and the one in the hood didn't work either. CHEASY. I sure hope they cut'em open!!!

camarosc35, ^the Camaro has NOT been delayed until the end of 09.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #135
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I doubt they'll cut them open, and even if they do they'll be non-working... It's not like the slots will be cooling it's "mid-engine" or anything. I think it's cheesy too, designers shouldn't put non-functioning vents on cars-- leave that to Mattel. It worked nicely on the mustang because that's a cheesy car
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #136
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
The larger picture shows more detail, looks nice. Anyone got some pictures showing the actual car from the front, to see grille and the back? Am I wrong or is this car delayed a year until end of 2009?
No lol, where did you hear that from. Its not true. Lollll

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #137
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Quote:
I doubt they'll cut them open, and even if they do they'll be non-working... It's not like the slots will be cooling it's "mid-engine" or anything.
Actually, I believe the original intent of the vents was to cool the rear brakes just as there are vents in the front to cool the front brakes. But I'm with you TAG, non-functional IS cheesy, I really hope they are functional at least on the high HP versions.
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #138
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
I doubt they'll cut them open, and even if they do they'll be non-working... It's not like the slots will be cooling it's "mid-engine" or anything. I think it's cheesy too, designers shouldn't put non-functioning vents on cars-- leave that to Mattel. It worked nicely on the mustang because that's a cheesy car
I thought they were for cooling the brakes (if they were functional)

But if you want to remove all non-functioning styling elements from the Camaro, you'd be left wil a fairly boring car (visually)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #139
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
ok this is just something i was wondering, and i dnt know if its been mentioned or not, but are those little slits in the rear bumper back-up lights. im not sure, it just knid of bugged me, but other than that this thing rules!!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #140
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Darn it Scott, I'm out of virgins to send. I do live in LA after all...they're hard to come by out here.

HEEHEEEHEEEEE!!!!!

God Bless ya!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote