Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Avoid James Corlew in Clarksville, TN

Just got through arguing with them about pricing on a 2011 Camaro on their lot. Used USAA's Car Buying Service to get a price guarantee of $35,444 for a 2SS/RS with Hurst short throw. They have a similar car on their lot (only difference was theirs had rally stripes) and they told me lowest they could go was $37,900 (before taxes). Apparently they tack on a bunch of stuff that's optional at other dealerships (VIN etching on windows, tire protection, ding protection, etc.) and then force you to buy it. Totals about $895. I told them I didn't want all that crap and they told me they could knock it down to $395 but it's their policy.

When I told them Becky had quoted me a little over $38k (after taxes) for a 2012 with the same features, he told me that she had lied to me and that they couldn't be ordered yet. I told him they could be ordered and went into production on July 18th. He scoffed at me and told me that that's impossible because they can't put orders in.

So, I've had nothing but bad experiences with this dealership. They tried to tack on additional costs with my first Camaro, too. Everyone I work with drives an hour and a half out of town to go to another Chevy dealer. Just wanted to let you guys in the Fort Campbell area know and hopefully save you some time and frustration.

</rant>
Old 07-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
LOL, Same old James Corlew!

I was stationed at Fort Campbell from 2000-2007 and I ended up buying a vehicle from Nashville instead of ANY dealer in Clarksville. Every dealer in Clarksville takes advantage of Soldiers and will lie straight to their face. Not just Chevy dealers....ALL OF THEM! I always steered my Soldiers away from any dealer in Clarksville!

I get back to Fort Hood from deployment later this year and I'll buy my 2012 from either Dallas or San Antonio before I even consider dealing with another military town (Killeen, TX) dealership.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Tysen

I must say that Jenkins and Wynne's Honda dealership has always given fair prices and great service. They also have a Ford dealership, but I have not and will not ever buy Ford.

Plus, they also have a 48-hour love it or leave it program, where if you buy a car from them and change your mind within 48 hours or 200 miles you can take it back and they tear up the contract.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Todd3544

Drives: 12 Camaro 2SS/RS, 11 Denali, 08 HD
Do all USAA members a favor and tell USAA about your the dealership and they will revoke their USAA account.
Todd3544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Tysen

Already have. Waiting to hear back from them.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
MannyC

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3544 View Post
Do all USAA members a favor and tell USAA about your the dealership and they will revoke their USAA account.
Yep, USAA is always looking out for the troops.
MannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Tysen

USAA just sent me this:

Dear Mr. XXXXX, thank you for your feedback. We have sent this to our partner in the car buying service ZAG to call you to follow-up. ZAG will address these issues with the dealer and re-train them on our price and process.

We apologize for your problems and inconvenience
Old 07-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
USAA just sent me this:

Dear Mr. XXXXX, thank you for your feedback. We have sent this to our partner in the car buying service ZAG to call you to follow-up. ZAG will address these issues with the dealer and re-train them on our price and process.

We apologize for your problems and inconvenience
I guess that means your out of luck ,but maybe somewhere down the road someone might get the right price. Geezzz! What kind of reply is that.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Tysen

I'm fine with it. I got an awesome quote from a dealer in Nashville, but the wife wants to wait for the 2012. I'm just going to wait and buy a ZL1 from Becky, assuming the price isn't through the roof.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with James Corlew. If you'd like I can setup a dealership complaint for you. I'm glad to see that you also contacted USAA on this issue as well to have this well documented and hopefully some changes will happen at this dealership because of this.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Sounds to me like the dealer puts the stuff on the car when it comes of the truck so it can't be negotiated out of the deal.

OP, if you don't mind traveling I have a dealer in SC so that is so awesome I will never buy a Chevy from anyone else and you won't believe their everyday pricing. Pm if you want the info.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote