Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
Pedders Front End Alignment Kit??

Anyone have advice or pics? Looks like I need to cut a slot for the eccentric but lack of any directions makes it a guess at this point, hate to grind in the wrong place.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
you need to grind a slot forward of the hole. same size as the hole, just longer.

The goal is to pull the arm forward, and increase caster.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
thekid96

Any pics before i start cutting?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
no, i don't have any sorry
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I left mine off. Will let the allignment shop grind if I want them to adjust caster in the future. Came to the same conclusion and confirmed with Mike.

BTW, if you install the front radius rod bushing replacement, eccentric that comes with the kit is not used. Throw it out per Mike.

As a constructive comment, Pedders needs to provide minimally some basic accurate guidelines that come with their parts. They are working on it for DIY, but it would have been very helpful and saved time during installation. The dealer instruction manuals are not yet available for DIYers, but I've been told can be DL'd by the dealer.

In this case, since allignment is needed, this is a time where it may be beneficial for them to grind it for you.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Instead of cutting, use Pfadt's camber kit; more money, but, IMO, you can do a better job in aligning the vehicle.
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
thekid96

Work with Pedders C/O's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Instead of cutting, use Pfadt's camber kit; more money, but, IMO, you can do a better job in aligning the vehicle.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
The pfadt upper mounts look very nice do they adjust camber and caster? I know the Pedders cam kit reqiures grinding the caster mounting hole forward,like alot of gm vehicals.They have the shoulders welded on the sub frame for a cam,but were never slotted or the cam bolt installed.GM did the same type of adjustment on there light trucks for years.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
I have completed a install sheet on the adjusters front and rear. Just waiting for some upgrades to our Pedders forum to put all the new stuff that I have done in there.

But making the install is very basic. As Rob mentioned, you have a hole already. With a die grinder, you slot the hole so it is the same size from between the stops. You should make sure the eccentric can rotate 360 degrees. This will give you 1 to 1.25 degrees addtional adjustable caster at 1/4 the price of the adjustable plates, which the manufacturer I believe says only does camber. Now we can get -2.5 degrees camber in our Pedders Camaro. We did, however, spend 5 minutes in slotting our Xa struts to give them more throw.

the alignment word doc is a 6.5 meg file. If anyone needs it, just email me and I will send it to you.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES

Now if you have a very fine plasma cutter, this job can be completed in about 5 minutes.

Any questions, just ask

mike
dms
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
thekid96

Thanks for the pics, exactly what I needed.
And FWIW i have quite a bit of Pfadt product all of which works great, looks good, came with instructions, and didn't require a bit of cutting, grinding or a single hose clamp to make it work. It is amazing what people will pay for product that is well thought out and works.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
Work with Pedders C/O's?
Yes, they come in 2 sizes - OEM, and aftermarket. Sounds like you made a good choice

Michael J.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo1 View Post
The pfadt upper mounts look very nice do they adjust camber and caster? I know the Pedders cam kit reqiures grinding the caster mounting hole forward,like alot of gm vehicals.They have the shoulders welded on the sub frame for a cam,but were never slotted or the cam bolt installed.GM did the same type of adjustment on there light trucks for years.
Hi raymo1, yes the Pfadt Camber/Caster plates adjust Camber and Caster. If anyone is interested in accurate info and features on these, please let me know. Thanks to everyone who recommended our products!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Shouldn't you say camber or caster?

thanks
mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 06-02-2010 at 10:47 PM.