Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #57
Dkiter

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra
The only thing i can think is that the one i got in was a V6 bottom of the line version. In the case of the mustang, the V6 bottom of the line car interior is crap, falls apart and is just horrible. Get in the GT model and it is a different story. not sure why, they just feel better, the interior feels more solid and better put together. I am hoping that this is the case with the SS version
Dkiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #58
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I personally love the interior. Yes, I'm all into the retro look as well.. The ambient lighting though is what is going to stand this one apart from the rest and wow your friends at night at least once.. Until they get used to it....
While I love the interior like it is now - simple, reto, practical - I can see it not appealing to a lot of non-enthusiasts. Hopefully they change it for 2011. As for the 2010 Mustang, it has a nice interior but it just seems like "just another car," nothing special. I hope the Camaro's ABL will set it apart from most other cars, as well as look great. At the auto show I sat in every coupe and/or sportscar I could find, and I feel the Camaro's interior beats out 90% of the cars in the pricerange (cause some of those BMWs and Benz's look daaaaaam nice inside!). The Chally was ok, but I was disappointed after sitting in the Charger and 300 since they have all like the same interiors! Very unoriginal, and it is shocking to me that they put such an ugly wheel on all three of those cars. As above stated the Stang's was nice, but didn't have much depth to it and was too "loud" for me. I also hated the speakers/subs on the doors that protrude almost 2".

Other cars that I figured could possibly steal or lose sales to the Camaro, followed by what I thought of the interior: RX-8 seats were uncomfortable, hit my shoulder getting in and my head getting out, design was too clustered for me); WRX (again seats were a little small for me, though at 225lbs I am bigger than the average ricer so you could call this one good marketing. Other than that, I liked it, good wheel and instrumentation placement, definately a performance car); 370z (this would fall into the 10% category whose interiors top the Camaro's, though just barely. Everything was very accessable, driver-oriented, nice feel to the wheel, seats were nice and snug yet cushiony); Honda Accord V6 (quite nice, seemed like Honda was trying to compete with cars like the IS250 (Lexus), but failed. Still a nice interior, just much more luxury-oriented as oppose to performance like most of the others); Lancer Evo (very similair to WRX, maybe a little nicer but that is just my opinion). All I can think of for now, might add some more later.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #59
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkiter View Post
The only thing i can think is that the one i got in was a V6 bottom of the line version. In the case of the mustang, the V6 bottom of the line car interior is crap, falls apart and is just horrible. Get in the GT model and it is a different story. not sure why, they just feel better, the interior feels more solid and better put together. I am hoping that this is the case with the SS version
Yes this surely impacted your opinion of the car, as you were probably expecting a 2LT or 2SS interior since those are heavily adverstised (obviously GM wants everyone to see their best work). While sitting in it I was just thinking of all the features that were to be on mine (2LT) that were absent in that LS. So if you wanted a nicer trim level then the interior WILL be nicer than in that car.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #60
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
That's the '05-'09 Mustang interior. 2010 is a different story.

funny but the picture I posted WAS from ford's website on the 2010 mustang base V6 interior pictures...They either use the old minterior on the base mustang or someone screwed up and put the wrong picture in... well I went back to ford's website and that picture is not there now, if fack I can't find any of the V6 Base Mustang pictures now... Hmmmm

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 02-04-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #61
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
All I know is that the interior in my GT500 does not seem to make a bit of difference on the times it puts down at the track!
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #62
bruins004
Banned

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
funny but the picture I posted WAS from ford's website on the 2010 mustang base V6 interior pictures...They either use the old minterior on the base mustang or someone screwed up and put the wrong picture in... well I went back to ford's website and that picture is not there now, if fack I can't find any of the V6 Base Mustang pictures now... Hmmmm
Nope that is he 2010 mustang.
You know how you can tell?

1. The middle vents are square, not round.

2. They have lit up kick plates

3. If you look closely at the leather seats there is a stripe down the middle

These are all interior upgrades for the 2010 mustang.
But I gotta say Ford did crap the bed with the lack of performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
All I know is that the interior in my GT500 does not seem to make a bit of difference on the times it puts down at the track!
I am not going to lie.
I would take a GT500, but they want riduculous prices still in this economy.
But it is a nice fast car.
bruins004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #63
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins004 View Post
Nope that is he 2010 mustang.
You know how you can tell?

1. The middle vents are square, not round.

2. They have lit up kick plates

3. If you look closely at the leather seats there is a stripe down the middle

These are all interior upgrades for the 2010 mustang.
But I gotta say Ford did crap the bed with the lack of performance.

I am not going to lie.
I would take a GT500, but they want riduculous prices still in this economy.
But it is a nice fast car.
Only around a $9K difference between a GT500 and 2SS Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=90
Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #64
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
i like it... retro but modern
Old 02-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #65
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
sorry but the pink ambient lighting on the mustang looks kinda fruity.
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #66
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
first interior customization on my camaro interior is to get as many crome details to the concept as possible, the concept was the shit yo that's why when the new production interior came out there was a mass rejection, bunch a peoples where complaining that it wasn't as cool as the concept. but it still looks better than the ford or challenger
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #67
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
sorry but the pink ambient lighting on the mustang looks kinda fruity.
I agree, but with the MyColor option, it's easy to change to whatver color you want it to be.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #68
evalentin32

Drives: 2000 CELICA and 1977 Corvette
Send a message via AIM to evalentin32
the concept interior was one of the reasons I fell in love with the car.. I mean besides its exterior sexiness.. I can say I'm not all that dissappointed with the production interior, but i would of liked to see more brushed alluminum ( radio looks cheap plastic) and would of been great to of kept that steering wheel and shift knob.. I was hoping for a smaller circumference camaro badge in the center so i could of fit in a Autobot badge instead.. I grew up on transformers and when I saw it on bumble bee I thought "yup, I need that badge" lol
evalentin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #69
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Old School and cool not to much crap its just right this is what muscle cars are all about. I love this car inside and out.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #70
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Old School and cool not to much crap its just right this is what muscle cars are all about. I love this car inside and out.
Despite the fact I agree with you 110%, enthusiasts are essentially the only buyers with this mindset. For the first model year I think they did good, but maybe the third or so (2012) they should do something nice and more normal to appeal to the general public.