Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #99
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Just for fun....

Definitely a high water mark with the Gen 5. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Gen 6.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:39 PM   #100
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Now can someone do a chart for weight? LOL
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:41 AM   #101
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ford planned on dropping the V6 in favor of the turbo 4 but rental companies prefer the V6s. That's why the V6s make less power and get worse mileage than they did last year.

He's designing the car but he still has to work within the parameters GM sets. It's not like he can just demand certain engines. He has to work with what he is given.

You are taking his comment out of context.
And so Al "knew" Ford was going to drop the V6, but also didn't know that they didn't drop it? So when he said "We're not following Ford" he didn't know what Ford was doing, he was only guessing and telling the press he not only knew what Ford was doing but wasn't doing it himself.

Sure, seems reasonable. Happens all the time I bet.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #102
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I do not know how this statement came about but it was on the Auto evolution web site. ??????????????

As a brief reminder, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro rides on the GM Alpha platform and will be propelled by three engines at first: an entry-level 2.0-liter twin-turbo four-banger, an uprated mid-range V6 and an LT1 small-block V8 blunderbuss lifted from the Corvette Stingray. At least one version of the new generation will have trick magnetorheological suspension, while the 8L90 eight-speed automatic is also in the cards.

LS, RS, SS ??????????????

Last edited by Jeb114; 02-18-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #103
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
The Camaro is a niche performance car and should not be cross sold as a commuter IMO. Turbos are great for part throttle EPA highway gimmicks, but in the real world mpg is similar to larger non-boosted engines. For sports cars you get uneven power delivery at the track, more complexity, turbo lag, etc, etc.

My next commuter car will be electric. $1-$2 to charge it and great performance. Tesla will smoke the Camaro in acceleration.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #104
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post

My next commuter car will be electric. $1-$2 to charge it and great performance. Tesla will smoke the Camaro in acceleration.
The current Tesla also smokes it in price.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #105
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yeah, even with subsidies and tax incentives (which really just distort things), I'd be curious to see the cost per mile factoring in the higher initial cost, electricity cost, routine maintenance, and balloon payment battery array replacement after 5 years or so. Also resale value/depreciation schedule compared to a "competitive" internal combustion car.

...but hey, if you just want to accelerate, it's hard to beat a big DC drive.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #106
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I do not know how this statement came about but it was on the Auto evolution web site. ??????????????

As a brief reminder, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro rides on the GM Alpha platform and will be propelled by three engines at first: an entry-level 2.0-liter twin-turbo four-banger, an uprated mid-range V6 and an LT1 small-block V8 blunderbuss lifted from the Corvette Stingray. At least one version of the new generation will have trick magnetorheological suspension, while the 8L90 eight-speed automatic is also in the cards.

Base, RS, SS ??????????????

If you look at the video on that webpage the Camaro with the wider lower grill and the two exhaust sounds like a V6.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #107
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The only Tesla model that will beat a Camaro SS in acceleration is the P85D model, which will run you $100k AFTER all tax credits.

You could buy an SS and a ZL1 for that price.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:43 AM   #108
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
Realistic...I mean why would they put four different v8s in the camaro.. doesn't seem possible 6.2. auto trans 6.2 man.tran.6.2supercharged.7.0 man.... doesn't it seem a little more believable that they would use the same engine family..same mounts, water pump, air box, clutch trans assembly. ..list goes on and on. Would seem that they would save in the long run. Plus the 4.3 is inherently strong like the 6.2 engine family. I mean no one would really like a turbo v6 to run around and beat up on v8s but they did it with the typhoon , Syclone ring a bell. Just saying that it would seem easier with the same engine family. . . And possibly same hp 330 as 3.6...
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:55 AM   #109
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
Shipping... I think the 4.3 is built at the same plant as the 6.2 they would come from the same area. If bean counters ,engineers and design team would work together we might see alot of things different.
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #110
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yeah but the BMW i3 is cheaper and a little slower to 60 (compared to the SS), but in commuter terms racing to the next stop light, it is faster. Tesla is coming out with a $35K car that will perform similarly.

Apple is even coming out with an electric car.

Just saying the next Camaro should be a Corvette with 4 seats, not spend a lot of development $$ on a cheaper model.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #111
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Yeah but the BMW i3 is cheaper and a little slower to 60 (compared to the SS), but in commuter terms racing to the next stop light, it is faster. Tesla is coming out with a $35K car that will perform similarly.
How is 7 secs to 60 a little slower than the SS? The outgoing SS hit 60 in the 4 second range. Stop light to stop light....that's a major difference. Maybe you are thinking about the i8.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #112
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
We'll see if that $35K Tesla (model S) ever sees the light of day. Seems there Model X cannot get to market. How many times has it been delayed now?

Quote:
Apple is even coming out with an electric car.
No they aren't. It is working on better integration of their map apps and Carplay software.

Quote:
Just saying the next Camaro should be a Corvette with 4 seats, not spend a lot of development $$ on a cheaper model.
The cheaper models are what allows the uber Camaros to exist. It is critical they are done correctly.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote