Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #71
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I know lol I have been planning everything out and have yet to go hungry I did not realize it until I made an excel data sheet with all my info. I have a binder with all my invoices and receipts printed off, but I guess I lost control of myself somewhere
Nice car, checked out your build thread more than once. Keep it up and congrats on the COTW!
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #72
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Nice car, checked out your build thread more than once. Keep it up and congrats on the COTW!
Thanks man I appreciate it! Keep an eye on it a few big projects should be completed soon. More images will be posted up also
Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #73
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
And the OP is planning to outdo you in horsepower.. He has a lot to learn. Or at least a lot to ask for next Christmas.
It will be tough without a solid paying job; its tough for me since im a grad student. But if he keeps his priorities and works part time, he could have a good build and a decent amount of money to burn for the build.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #74
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
A bad pass and an O2 sensor costs me more than you've mentioned here...

Like SpikeIII mentioned, I could tell you but you wouldn't believe me... It is in no way an investment in anything other than my fun... Like spending money at Vegas, with just as big a chance of losing it at an instant... never to get it back... My build thread has it all documented... not the cost but the heartaches and triumphs...
This guy has me beat, and my bill is 50 grand. Not including the cost of the car, and including the 12 grand I wasted on the engine rebuild that need a rebuild....Also, that does not include the 7 grand I will be dropping this February.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #75
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
This guy has me beat, and my bill is 50 grand. Not including the cost of the car, and including the 12 grand I wasted on the engine rebuild that need a rebuild....Also, that does not include the 7 grand I will be dropping this February.
no words necessary
Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #76
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
When you mean roll tinted what tint do you mean?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 AM   #77
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
not a dime.i drove about 18 camaros and bought one that had what i wanted from the factory.might remove the vinyl hood and deck stripes and go with hood spears someday though...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #78
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I don't know exactly but I'm somewhere around 25k not including the price of the car which was 31k new(2LT/RS with Nav & sunroof). That includes all the cosmetic and interior mods and thousands I've spent trying to get the exhaust to sound good. So all together I'm around ZL1 money and have probably 100whp & 100wtq on them with less curb weight. Traps 134mph in the 1/4, and still knocks out 30+ mpg on highway trips. It's not for everybody but I love it.

But I do all my own work so I haven't spent any money on labor. In fact, if I wasn't a mechanic and able to handle everything that comes along with having a custom modified car, I wouldn't have went this route. I couldn't imagine what I would have spent if I had to pay a shop for every little thing I've done. Scary to even think about.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #79
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I used this forum to do a TON of research before selecting parts for my Mod, then price checked the many vendors for the best deals. It took me around 4 months to build my beast, and had a lot of fun doing it. Yep - there were bugs and redo's along the way, but one learns from it. Needless to say, the car is amazing, at least to me. I hid the itemized costs, but it is around $35K and around 500 hours of my labor.
My VERY detailed Build Thread - one can learn a lot here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442230

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #80
Slovnek

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE (Sold)
Some really impressive mods out there. Only about 600$ here. Elite catch can, a Z28 CAI and a few cosmetic mods. For some reason I've always been a stock kinda person; probably stems from the fact that I've always had classics before my '13 1LE and always thought the originality of the car was more my taste.

However lately I've been considering adding some headers to the Camaro and a tune to give it a little more umph. But for those of us who really don't have a place to go WOT within a close proximity is it really worth it?
Slovnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #81
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I get reports from KBB on the value of my Camaro. I have 18 months left on the lease. It dipped BELOW the residual yesterday for the first time. Guess it's time to mod, 3 grand or 30 grand, I'm still in the hole!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #82
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I have not kept detailed records but just adding up all of the itema i can recall off the top of my head I would say around $3000 over the six years i have had it. i spent about half of that this year on new upper and lower grills and new wheels. i had a good year financially so i decided to finish off most of the cosmetic items I wanted to do.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #83
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
I never looked at what it cost to build my car. I know I had a vision and built it the way I wanted to.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #84
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno1 View Post
Wait aren't you the guy that doesn't work, Mom bought the car and Dad pays for insurance/gas?

Now you are going to do a serious build on your 2LT? WOW.
Lol seriously thats nuts. Mom and dad i cant afford insurance but have $10k+ to build my car.
Stainless Power Headers w/cats
Fluidampr 25% UDP
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote