Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #15
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Nice!
Old 07-12-2020, 10:59 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Awesome choice!!

Fixed your Avatar..
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #17
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
Thank you, guys. I had been looking at Autotrader, Cars.com, here, etc. every day for about 1 1/2 years. I knew I was going to have a hard time finding something that met my exact specs, so I prepared myself for a long search and the need to be patient. Oddly enough, I found two cars last week in Washington State that were pretty close - both automatics though, 33K and 45K miles respectively, in the $25K-$28K range before the cost of shipping across the country to me. I liked the automatic in my 2LT RS, and was trying to convince myself that the M6 was a "want" not a "need" when this car popped up without a photo from a used car superstore in upstate NY. The dealership had great ratings, so I contacted them and they had just obtained the car from PA and it was in transit to them, hence they had no photos yet. It was due to arrive that (Thursday) afternoon. When it did, the salesman texted me photos and it looked good. They had the price listed for $32,500 which was above the KBB range, but they told me the price was the price. When I told them it was more than I was looking to spend, they said they understood, but stuck by their no-haggle policy. End of phone call. I thought about it overnight, and after such a long search, I decided there was no way I wasn't going to at least take a look at the car. So, I woke my wife up at 4:30am as we both had the day off, and hit the road for the 6-hour drive. I texted the salesman at 7am, told him I was coming and asked him to hold the car until I got there, which he agreed to do. I sold cars for awhile, so I knew I wasn't helping my bargaining position, but I had decided if the car was perfect, I was willing to pay all the money for it.

Honestly, I was a both excited and a bit concerned when I saw only 4000 miles in the ad. Wondered if it was 4000 track miles or something similar. But when I got to the dealership and took one look at the car, it was clear it had been in someone's garage the whole time who only averaged about 725 miles of driving per year. The interior and exterior looked close to brand new and the engine bay looked like the car had never been started. It had a clean Carfax, which listed it as a two-owner car, but the first owner only had it for 29 days and 6 miles, so I'm guessing it may have been a dealer transfer. I agree Redcoats - the person who owned it had a LOT of willpower!

At the end of the day, I paid $18K plus my trade (2014 2LT RS with 46,000 miles). I am 100% happy with my decision, as I feel I have an almost brand new version of the car I've always wanted. To my eye, it's the prettiest, most invigorating ride I've ever owned and at age 61 and a lot of cars including 2 Camaros, that is saying a lot. I've driven the car about 550 miles so far and it behaves the way I would expect a new car to behave when I drive it off a dealer's lot.

I am interested in hearing any advice anyone has on owning a 2SS, in general. I'm meticulous about maintenance and have never substantially modded my cars, but hate to learn things the hard way, so if there are any caveats of must-dos with this car, please feel free to share. Thanks!

By the way SS376, I live in Derry, NH. Where are you?

I'm in Chelmsford MA, but I go north of the border a fair amount. You got a fantastic car there and you're going to love it. Mine is an M6 as well, and it's stock other than 3.91's and a Cold Air Inductions intake, both great mods. Oh, and if you've got the dual mode exhaust I recommend pulling the fuse in the trunk so it stays open all the time.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:00 PM   #18
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Awesome choice!!

Fixed your Avatar..

Wow, thank you for fixing my avatar! Wish I could do that.

I just want to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement on the car. I don't post a lot, but i'm in here most days reading and learning from the rest of you, and I'm grateful for all the knowledge you share.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #19
bjulie

Drives: Hyundai Elantra 2014
Congrats! My boyfriend's got a similar one but he's driving his wrangler now as his camaro's cylinders have to be changed. He's storing it in my garage as his place has no parking, and we've got it covered with the camaro custom made car cover until we find parts.
Take good care of the car! They're a true jewel.
bjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:54 PM   #20
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Sweet Maro
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #21
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Beautiful! That's my second favorite color :-)
Happy for you
Old 12-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #22
14’2SS

Drives: 2014 SS
Worth the wait I’m sure!
I searched for 14-15 SS for a while until I found one with less than 30k miles. 1 owner.
And the interior is in almost perfect condition!
Got it for $26k and shipped to me.
Enjoy and take care!
Attached Images

14’2SS is offline   Reply With Quote