Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #29
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I was never going to up the power until I upgraded everything else. The car cant handle the power it comes with, so it made no sense for me to do anything with the power until I got everything elsenup to snuff. When the warranty expires, then I'll start looking at increasing the power, if I so choose to.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #30
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I was never going to up the power until I upgraded everything else. The car cant handle the power it comes with, so it made no sense for me to do anything with the power until I got everything elsenup to snuff. When the warranty expires, then I'll start looking at increasing the power, if I so choose to.
That was my thought as well. I just wanted a great driving and stopping street car. But I broke down and did the few engine upgrades without getting too crazy. I was not disappointed. It really opens up the engine a bit with all those pieces. I like the power curve now with my tune, it drives so much better through the shifts, manual trans. I've held off on any exhaust upgrade, for now.
With your tracking, are you wanting wider tires now?
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:35 AM   #31
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotls1 View Post
That was my thought as well. I just wanted a great driving and stopping street car. But I broke down and did the few engine upgrades without getting too crazy. I was not disappointed. It really opens up the engine a bit with all those pieces. I like the power curve now with my tune, it drives so much better through the shifts, manual trans. I've held off on any exhaust upgrade, for now.
With your tracking, are you wanting wider tires now?
Unfortunately I cannot. Since the suspension upgrade and the 1.5 drop, I'm kinda stuck with stock tire size. I wanted to see if I can stick the rears up front and see if I wouldnt have any issues. That would help with grip and help combat the massive amount of understeer this car has even with the suspension upgrade.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #32
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
Unfortunately I cannot. Since the suspension upgrade and the 1.5 drop, I'm kinda stuck with stock tire size. I wanted to see if I can stick the rears up front and see if I wouldnt have any issues. That would help with grip and help combat the massive amount of understeer this car has even with the suspension upgrade.
Are you driving with a square setup at least the tires because I know that can eliminate some of that understeer issues. And congrats on getting those enormous brake upgrades. I can't wait to see until it is installed.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:00 AM   #33
dantemcc

Front rotors have FINALLY arrived. These suckers are massive. Cant wait to get em installed and then track em.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #34
dantemcc

Old 06-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #35
45TH RS

Drives: 2012 45TH 2LT RS
Very Nice! I'll keep an eye on this build!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #36
dantemcc

CTS V brakes installed.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2016, 06:21 PM   #37
dantemcc

Video of the brake install!

https://www.facebook.com/dante.mccar...2137941886030/
Old 08-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #38
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Brakes look good are you on the stock rear brakes ?
Old 08-03-2016, 03:35 PM   #39
dantemcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Brakes look good are you on the stock rear brakes ?
No sir. Complete CTS V brake upgrade. 6 pistons up front and 4 in the rear. I track it on the 12th, so im about to see how they preform.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:13 AM   #40
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Found this thread from your Barber Motorsports track day video posts.

I understand completely the notion of basically leaving the engine alone for now. A tune with or without a "cold air kit" is fine, but I wouldn't go past that just yet. And for a car under development for use out on the road courses I'd neither have it nor recommend it any other way. Especially if someone is fairly new to the world of corner-carving, it's better to learn without the big HP as a crutch for running lower lap times (that in the absence of actual datalogging is generally taken as evidence of progress as a driver).

You really do need more front tire on wider wheels to properly address the understeer issue. Unless you're already limited by ground clearance needs or don't have a separate set of wheels & tires for the street, tires for your track duty don't have to be as tall as the car's OE street tires (and perhaps shouldn't be). Just wider. Your car, although lighter than an SS, is still heavy enough and still front-heavy enough to where the front needs as much tire tread on the ground as the rear. Not to mention that it's the front tires that actually get the process of turning started in the first place. Fine-tune the handling balance later.

Norm
Old 11-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #41
dantemcc

I plan on running a square setup for future track days. I can put the rears up front with no problem. But I cant go wider or they'll rub. I plan on in the future getting track specific rims and tires so I wont waste them when I dont track em. Power increase was always going to be the last thing I upgrade as my car can barely handle the power its got. I can continue to track with better suspension and brakes, because they can easily handle the power. I couldnt continue to track with an increase in horsepower and no brakes and suspension as the power would overwhelm them both!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #42
dantemcc

Newest Mod. Now I can finally heel to toe on the track!