Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #29
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
Go rent each for a week, you will get the V-6 model, but it will tell you what you need to know about the ride and interior. People go nuts over .1% difference in performance on cars that most will never take to a track or push to it's limits.
Well I've test driven the challenger. So I guess I know what it rides like. I know it does feel bigger and has less snap on turns but I don't see myself needing that a lot. It definitely is a more comfortable ride

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:23 AM   #30
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
The new challenger body and interior look really nice, and I still think the challenger looks the most like the classic Muscle Cars. The 14 + camaro's with the small grill looking nothing like classic muscle cars, and more like euro style.

I would only get a Challenger it it was a Scat Pack or SRT8... My friends LT camaro can beat a R/T challenger. 375hp just isnt enough in my opinion for a car that heavy.

Scat Pack vs SS = Scat Pack
R/T vs SS = SS

One thing I do have to say is who cares about interior in the end of the day, you don't buy a muscle car for the interior or sun roof...

All I need on my Camaro is a heads up display, so I can race without having to look down at the RPMS.
I assure you a v6 Camaro is not beating an RT challenger.

LS:
3,780/ 323 hp = 11.7 pounds per horsepower
3,780/ 278 tq= 13.59 pounds per ft/lb torque

R/T:
4,082 lbs / 375 hp = 10.88 pounds per horsepower
4,082 lbs / 410 tq = 9.95 pounds per ft/lb torque

That RT owner needs some driver mod. Stock R/T's have ran 13.1 stock, 1 LS ever has ran a 13.9, the rest in the 14's. My r/t felt like my L99, nowhere near how my 1LT felt.
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee/ Reso Delete
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:16 AM   #31
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
I agree. Generally R/Ts seam to be mid 13-high 13 second cars at Atco. I've never seen a V6 Camaro break 14.2 yet and I'm there a lot.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I agree. Generally R/Ts seam to be mid 13-high 13 second cars at Atco. I've never seen a V6 Camaro break 14.2 yet and I'm there a lot.
Its been said here so many times....I havnt driven a v6 camaro. I have driven an r/t. The car was quick once it got going. I just wasn't all that impressed with the power. I would like to see a headsup race
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #33
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
2015 Mustang GT. Should be here in a few weeks. Ordered it last month. Light years ahead of the others on interior quality. Best outward visibility. Exterior looks are subjective. Great handling car.
the gt350 is soooooooooo sexy
Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #34
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
I've had my 2015 R/T Scat Pack for just over two months, and I've been mostly satisfied with my choice.

At 4200+lbs it's definitely not as nimble as my last car, especially around tight corners, or the '10 Camaro SS I've test driven. The Challenger also exhibits noticeably more body roll and brake dive. That being said, unless you plan to track the car, I feel the Scat Pack handles ands stops quite well under most circumstances as a daily driver. However, I feel a wider and more capable tire than the atrocious Goodyear RSA-2s that my car somehow got saddled with would go a long way towards improving both handling and traction off the line.

I've also gone on trips with 3 full-size adults in the car on several occasions, and while I didn't buy the car for that purpose, it is nice not having to hear my rear seat passengers bitch and moan about being squeezed into the back seat for once...

So far, the only area I feel let down with regards to this car is the build quality; I've got a misaligned hood, trunklid, passenger side taillight, driver's side door panel, and a passenger side exhaust tip that's noticeably lower than the driver's side.

The only other car I've owned with such questionable workmanship is the '95 Camaro Z28 I had. Upon finding out my issues with my Scat Pack, Dodge has said they will make things right when I come in for my first service in September, but I won't hold my breath. If their customer service is as good as Ford's, I just might be in the market for a 2016 Camaro SS...

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #35
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
The front end on the R/T will be rattling like a Dodge at about 80K (from personal experience).

Common knowledge on the LX platform. If you're gonna trade at 60K.....no problem.
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #36
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTDIESEL View Post
The front end on the R/T will be rattling like a Dodge at about 80K (from personal experience).

Common knowledge on the LX platform. If you're gonna trade at 60K.....no problem.
Not to be a dick, but did you own a Challenger R/T from new to 80,000 miles?

Ford, Dodge and GM alike all have upped their game massively in the past decade. They aren't even close to what they used to be with the muscle car variety. Compare a 4th Gen SS to a 5th Gen, compare a 2002 Mustang to the current 2015. Dodge seems to have stepped up their game more than GM and Ford with quality of the interior. Seeing the huge gains in quality, I just don't see the bumper rattling loose at 80K unless the owner has screwed with mods to the bumper. But that's just my best guess.

Some of the biggest pieces of crap on the road are GM 4 cylinder econo cars. The biggest piece of crap I've driven was a BRAND NEW Captiva I got from a rental. A re-badged Korean piece of garbage. The thing was rattling loose driving it off the showroom floor. We all may poke fun at Japanese cars, but we should all be thanking them because they forced American car manufacturers to put some level of quality into their vehicles. American cars in the 80's and 90's were the biggest pieces of garbage, and that reputation still kills their sales to today. Toyota and Honda wouldn't be where they are now at the top of the mountain if GM and Ford didn't spend decades screwing their customers over, selling them piles of garbage.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #37
Deep12

Drives: 2015 1le
Whimpy sounding

I had my 1le picked out but had try out a challenger to see what all the hype was about, after I started the challenger and heard the whimpy sound of the motor I bough my 1le about an hour later.
Deep12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #38
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Not to be a dick, but did you own a Challenger R/T from new to 80,000 miles?
Bought it certified, pre-owned from a Dodge dealer @ 16K. At about 80K the front end started rattling every time you hit a bump. On rough roads it sounded like drums!

Sold it this year at 207K miles. Good car, but noisy! Check out the LX forums, There are THOUSANDS of posts on the front end noise, with varying degrees of success correcting the issues.

Changed sway bar links, tie rod ends x2 (one completely separated!). Just dealt with the rattles. Still rode and handled well, just sounded like a Dodge!

Very best ET on the Magnum (100% stock, premium fuel, 50 degree day) was 14.24. Generally ran in the 14.40-14.60 range. It is a tad heavier than the Challenger.
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #39
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
RT vs SS camaro wins. scat pack vs SS challenger wins. In looks 15 to 15 i would take challenger over camaro. In a 2010 camaro vs 2015 challenger I like the camaro. In seating a family of 5 challenger wins in all cases. I wont disagree challenger rides like old school muscle but if you like the look then in some ways you are looking for the sound and feel also.

Lucky for my family we own both, camaro and challenger, but are upgrading our challenger to a 2015 in the next few months. we are looking at a scat pack then a wide body kit.
Do you mean the scat pack beats the Camaro in performance or value ?
Old 06-17-2015, 06:14 AM   #40
UR SLOW
Life needs Air

Drives: A fast Car
I own a Challenger with the correct dash and not the dart dash that comes in the 15.. Just cannot bring myself to liking that one. But I bought the Challenger for the retro look and the 15's interior does not have that. Spent soem time in my brother n laws 12 SS. I am 6' 1" and I felt like I was in a chopped top car..I even had to carry some stuff for him and my sister on the powertour as they could not fit it all in the trunk. Even with my rear strut tower brace and the Snow 2 1/2 gallon tank I had more room.

I like the Camaro, I love my Challenger.. In my opinion if you are trying to compare the lowest model v8 Challenger to an SS.. The SS wins.. Buy the Scat Pack which is an R/T upgraded to bypass Insurance cost then you have a different car. Buy the SRT and you are done..
Old 06-17-2015, 08:51 AM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR SLOW View Post
I own a Challenger with the correct dash and not the dart dash that comes in the 15.. Just cannot bring myself to liking that one. But I bought the Challenger for the retro look and the 15's interior does not have that. Spent soem time in my brother n laws 12 SS. I am 6' 1" and I felt like I was in a chopped top car..I even had to carry some stuff for him and my sister on the powertour as they could not fit it all in the trunk. Even with my rear strut tower brace and the Snow 2 1/2 gallon tank I had more room.

I like the Camaro, I love my Challenger.. In my opinion if you are trying to compare the lowest model v8 Challenger to an SS.. The SS wins.. Buy the Scat Pack which is an R/T upgraded to bypass Insurance cost then you have a different car. Buy the SRT and you are done..
I raced a Scat Pack a month or so ago......still the only one I've seen so far.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #42
UR SLOW
Life needs Air

Drives: A fast Car
There are a few running around down here...