Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #15
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
I've added significant power, installed Hurst shifter and digital gauges. At this point, I only wish the interior were actually more stripped down. First to go would be the backseat (replaced by cross brace) and then all the alcantara (would prefer brushed metal or something to that effect).
Old 02-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #16
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
OK, I know you said ONE thing but excuse me if I expand a little. First, no A/C (I know a few don't have it but mine does) or radio. In place of the center vents I would have high visibility oil press, oil temp and coolant temp gauges. A large adjustable red line pointer on tach. No power windows or locks. See you later to the back seat. Fatter, better positioned gas pedal for heel-toe braking. The Z/28 is basically a street legal race car. Don't need to turn it into grandmas Cadillac. If you need extra goodies there is another Camaro with an identical first letter in its name. GM was even kind enough to add a supercharger to it to haul around all the extra weight.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #17
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
1LE Hood wrap
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:57 PM   #18
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Rev-match should have been cal'd in, no reason why it couldnt have been.
The very least, a wider pedal.

That being said, I dont know that I would change anything, given the car that I got. Ive said all along that at the time had GM given me the "blank check" this is pretty much to a T how I would have built it. I bought mine with the luxury of testing various forthcoming models, and still chose this car. I dont regret it.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:45 AM   #19
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
Adjustable struts.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #20
Ls_Camaro

Drives: A Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
OK, I know you said ONE thing but excuse me if I expand a little. First, no A/C (I know a few don't have it but mine does) or radio. In place of the center vents I would have high visibility oil press, oil temp and coolant temp gauges. A large adjustable red line pointer on tach. No power windows or locks. See you later to the back seat. Fatter, better positioned gas pedal for heel-toe braking. The Z/28 is basically a street legal race car. Don't need to turn it into grandmas Cadillac. If you need extra goodies there is another Camaro with an identical first letter in its name. GM was even kind enough to add a supercharger to it to haul around all the extra weight.
Wow a more stripped out Z28 no kidding! No worries about expanding a little if anyone else wants to as well go head love to hear more!
Ls_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #21
Ls_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
1LE Hood wrap
Interesting and speaking of 1LE doesn't the two cars look somewhat similiar exterior wise just more added spoilers, side skirts and other add ons on the Z28?

Old 02-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #22
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
1LE Hood wrap
Easy and cheap to obtain. Go to your local PPF installer. Some new matte vinyl can be installed
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #23
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
How much was it for the backup camera install in that car? Did you have to change the whole stereo for that?
Second question first: Yes, it had to be changed. But I wanted to change it anyway.. I drive this car, and I use navigation and I was tired of having to look down at my phone to check maps A. because dangerous. B. inconvenient. So, I swapped to an Alpine iLX-207 with the back up camera. All told with cost of head unit, install, harness, new face plate etc it was $1100. Well worth it as I've had it over 2 years now.

58.4k miles and counting, btw. I've put almost 20k on it since I bought it.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #24
Ls_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaZ28 View Post
Second question first: Yes, it had to be changed. But I wanted to change it anyway.. I drive this car, and I use navigation and I was tired of having to look down at my phone to check maps A. because dangerous. B. inconvenient. So, I swapped to an Alpine iLX-207 with the back up camera. All told with cost of head unit, install, harness, new face plate etc it was $1100. Well worth it as I've had it over 2 years now.

58.4k miles and counting, btw. I've put almost 20k on it since I bought it.
Awesome very nice!
Old 02-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #25
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
I wish Chevy would have put a dash plaque with the car number on there. I know it doesn’t do anything but it feels like Chevy didn’t really put any effort in the presentation. These cars are very limited. 30 years from now some extra documentation would be nice.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:13 AM   #26
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
I wish Chevy would have put a dash plaque with the car number on there. I know it doesn’t do anything but it feels like Chevy didn’t really put any effort in the presentation. These cars are very limited. 30 years from now some extra documentation would be nice.
Chevrolet has always seemed to leave a little “vague ness” to leave some researching up to the collector, i.e. the 58’ bel air sport coupes had all different glass from base bel air as well as many other options. They didn’t put a plaque with numbers on it or anything special saying it had a 348cid engine(pre 409 engine) in it. Not sure if this is all good or over time it makes thing fade more than it should. But at least we got an engine builder tag.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #27
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
1LE Hood wrap

I might try the hood wrap look on my Z28 but just don’t want it confused with a 1le. I put satin wrap on my red hot and I like the look. The first Z28 owner decided he like stripes and had them professionally painted on. I’m not sure if I like them or not and might try wrapping hood first before having it repainted back silver again or just leave stripes as they are. I ran stripes on my red hot for a few years and liked them but wanted something different. Hence satin wrap, wheels and spoiler now.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:22 AM   #28
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
They put ZERO in to the presentation! Brass were too busy launching the C6Z06,which in combination with the clandestine release of the C5Z and sticker shock they cratered. You did get a unique VIN and if lucky a COA with your car though. I wonder how many folks realize they had a few thousand LS7's laying around that were emissions doomed that they needed to stick in a car..the general never throws parts away. Did the same thing with the L78 400's that went in around 1100 79 TATA cars and a few hundred Firebird Formulas.. and the TATA cars had left over deep shag carpeting from the 35th Vettes..gotta be old to know that lol.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote