Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #2801
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Same here and they do a T/T every friday night but I always work. There is another track that is closer but they only do 3-5 T/T every season the rest is bracket racing and other series.
Bracket racing is really fun. I might start to get into it if I can find a cheap set of drag wheels and drag radials

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #2802
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Bracket racing is really fun. I might start to get into it if I can find a cheap set of drag wheels and drag radials
I know nothing about it haha and I would prob be terrible no joke.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #2803
lscamaro

It's actually pretty easy. You "dial in" (fancy word for give) a time that you think your car will run no better than. For example, I run 14.4 consistently so I'd give them a 14.3 or even 14.25. You give them a faster number because you can't run faster than that. If you do, it's called "breaking out" and you lose. Okay so you give them your time, and the other person you're racing will have their time as well. The lights will then be coordinated to your times and basically whoever can run closest to their time without going over wins. For example, If I give a 14.3 and you give a 14.7 (just an example btw), my light will turn green .4 seconds slower than yours to account for the time difference. It's basically all about being consistent and who can drive their car the best. It's also pretty fun because no matter how fast the other car is, you always have a chance. The other day at the really nice track, we got to bracket race with an R8, a real high end mercades, and a GTR that were all going at it.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #2804
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to give it a try after I get my headers installed and I'll prob relocate my IAT to prevent heat soak. Whenever I go my fastest time is always the first one no matter how long I let the car sit to cool off.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #2805
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to give it a try after I get my headers installed and I'll prob relocate my IAT to prevent heat soak. Whenever I go my fastest time is always the first one no matter how long I let the car sit to cool off.
Really? That's interesting, my car seems to do better everytime it runs. I'll start at like a 14.7 @ 94 and by the third or fourth run, I'm at 14.4 @ 97 without doing anything different.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #2806
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Really? That's interesting, my car seems to do better everytime it runs. I'll start at like a 14.7 @ 94 and by the third or fourth run, I'm at 14.4 @ 97 without doing anything different.
Yea it's weird haha, unless my driving is that inconsistent (which to be honest prob is)
Old 06-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #2807
lscamaro

Who knows. All I do is pull up to the light, wait for the last yellow and put my foot to the floor. So I pretty much do the same thing everytime lol. I'll feather the throttle from time to time to try to get better 60' times but I haven't been able to. So I've accepted it's probably the tires and am looking for a good drag setup now

Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #2808
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
If you can, I suggest you guys try autocross. After the Texas Camaro Revolution I haven't even thought about going back to the 1/4 track. Autocross is just so dang fun. Not to mention I beat a 600 hp SS by two seconds lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #2809
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I tried it. i'm a speed junkie. rather go fast in a straight line, than make a bunch of turns. I do like road courses though.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #2810
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
If you can, I suggest you guys try autocross. After the Texas Camaro Revolution I haven't even thought about going back to the 1/4 track. Autocross is just so dang fun. Not to mention I beat a 600 hp SS by two seconds lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
I want to try it but I just can't see me going around a bunch of cones in a parking lot. A road course.... now that's another story!

Especially here in Texas where you have a few to choose from

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I tried it. i'm a speed junkie. rather go fast in a straight line, than make a bunch of turns. I do like road courses though.
I'm a speed junkie too
Not to mention, I have the "little v6" so I like to race the "big boys" and beat them

Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #2811
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. IMO it doesn't take too much (skill) to do the 1/4 in our V6's. Heck I'm supercharged and still don't think the 1/4 takes much skill. Maybe if I had a 10 second car I'd change my stance

IMO the thing that makes autocross or a track nice is that the lower HP cars can do well, assuming the suspension is decent and the driver mod is ok. Plus going in a straight line for a 1/4 mile? Big deal, it's over in less than 14-15 seconds in a stock V6.

I don't see how going 95-105 mph quenches your thirst if you're a speed junkie lol not to mention you're only at the top in speed for a second or so.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #2812
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. IMO it doesn't take too much (skill) to do the 1/4 in our V6's. Heck I'm supercharged and still don't think the 1/4 takes much skill. Maybe if I had a 10 second car I'd change my stance

IMO the thing that makes autocross or a track nice is that the lower HP cars can do well, assuming the suspension is decent and the driver mod is ok. Plus going in a straight line for a 1/4 mile? Big deal, it's over in less than 14-15 seconds in a stock V6.

I don't see how going 95-105 mph quenches your thirst if you're a speed junkie lol not to mention you're only at the top in speed for a second or so.
I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those fifteen seconds or less, I'm free.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2813
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those fifteen seconds or less, I'm free.

OK Dom
Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #2814
lscamaro

Quote:

Well played sir. You win at the internets for today.