Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Few questions regarding my black-ice olater

So I got this installed today, and was just curious if anyone has had trouble with the missing parts (two furthest back bolts, and the brace on the throttle body)

Also, after I started up my car the second time since installing, I got a quick flash of "Service Stabilitrack" and then it went away.. hasn't come back on since. Is this normal or an issue?

Thanks
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Nope- no one to my knowledge has had an issue without those points of connection.

The Stabiltrack light comes on each time you start your car briefly, just like the check engine light, ABS light and all the other "idiot lights" come on to let you know they are working.

Be sure to re-torque your IM bolts in a week or two, to 18ft/lbs (usually need about a half turn or so). They can loosen a bit after a few heat cycles.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I've had no problems with the extra parts. The stabilatrack warning is nothing. Mine has done this for three years and no problems.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Thanks guys. Just to clarify, it's not the light coming on. The screen is literally telling me "Service Stabilitrack" and showing a wrench.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Be sure to re-torque your IM bolts in a week or two, to 18ft/lbs (usually need about a half turn or so). They can loosen a bit after a few heat cycles.
Make sure the engine is cool before you re-torque the bolts...

Not sure about the the "Service Stabilitrak" message. I have always disconnected the negative battery terminal when installing mods and have never encountered any messages or codes. I've heard of that message appearing after loading a new tune though. Are you tuned???
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
take it in...the insulator wont mess with your warranty either.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You can go by an autozone & have them read the code if it re-appears. Or try driving it around some & see if the code clears. I was told it takes like 40-50 miles for your car to "re-learn" after the mods are added. If it does not show up again I would not sweat it. I had to re-index my windows a couple of times after my install that was the only message I got.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
You can go by an autozone & have them read the code if it re-appears. Or try driving it around some & see if the code clears. I was told it takes like 40-50 miles for your car to "re-learn" after the mods are added. If it does not show up again I would not sweat it. I had to re-index my windows a couple of times after my install that was the only message I got.
They can't read any codes besides engine codes. And you would probably need to help them even do that. Idk how autozone is still in business with how they work.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
Thanks guys. Just to clarify, it's not the light coming on. The screen is literally telling me "Service Stabilitrack" and showing a wrench.
When entering the car, if u start the car by just tapping the key the service stabile track will come on for 3 seconds and go away. If u hold the key in on start up it will not appear.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
When entering the car, if u start the car by just tapping the key the service stabile track will come on for 3 seconds and go away. If u hold the key in on start up it will not appear.
That's not true. I never once saw the light or warning and always started my car that way.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
LVDran

Drives: 2010 V6
I got that Service Stabilitrak as well when I installed mine. Guy that helped me install it says that its common to get that when you unplug the MAF (along with a CEL) or some such thing. Nothing to worry about afaik. Now if it has shown up more than just that once id be a little more worried.
Vararam | Ceramic BBK LT Headers w/ HFC | Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust | RX Catchcan | Vmax 3/8" Black Ice-O-lator | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Trifecta Tuned | Stop Tech Slotted Rotors | White out Bowties | Black out side grills | Custom Badges | 22" American Racing Daytona | Polk Audio 6" & 6x9" | Kicker 10" with custom box | Alpline 400w 4 Channel | Alpine 500w Mono Channel
LVDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
2010 Owner's Manual, page 4-24:

"The Stabilitrak system or the Traction Control System (TCS) indicator/warning light comes on briefly while starting the engine.

If it does not, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer/retailer. If the system is working normally the indicator light will then go off."

The manual goes on to say the indicator flashes while the system is doing its job on a low traction surface and if it comes on and stays on while driving, the vehicle needs service.

I think by "indicator/warning light" they mean the screen (Service Stabilitrak) and warning light- as that does come on briefly each and every time I start my car, since I bought it.

This may have caused so much consternation among owners that GM has removed that light from the start-up sequence, so some got it and some don't.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
2010 Owner's Manual, page 4-24:

"The Stabilitrak system or the Traction Control System (TCS) indicator/warning light comes on briefly while starting the engine.

If it does not, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer/retailer. If the system is working normally the indicator light will then go off."

The manual goes on to say the indicator flashes while the system is doing its job on a low traction surface and if it comes on and stays on while driving, the vehicle needs service.

I think by "indicator/warning light" they mean the screen (Service Stabilitrak) and warning light- as that does come on briefly each and every time I start my car, since I bought it.

This may have caused so much consternation among owners that GM has removed that light from the start-up sequence, so some got it and some don't.
Thats normal, its called a bulb check. But no warnings should be on the DIC on startup. If any service warnings come up on the actual DIC something needs to be checked because thats not how its supposed to work.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Do you have a tune?
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote