Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #4691
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Just dropping in to say what's up
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #4692
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Okay, I got a crazy question. Chevy has the Volt. They are now coming out with the Chevy Spark EV. Here's my question. Should Chevy try to come out with a camaro EV? An electric camaro? If you could get the first 40 miles on just electric power, you might never have to buy any gas for your camaro. I'm not that crazy about the look of a Volt, or Chevy Spark, but an electric camaro, uhmmm. What do you guys think? Would it sell, if you could get a "loaded" electric camaro for about 35k? I bet it would. You know, one with a back up camera, Chevy Mylink, and all that stuff. To me, the Volt and Spark aren't "sexy." The camaro is. The camaro is "badass."

Last edited by xfactors; 12-07-2012 at 04:01 AM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #4693
jose1003

I don't mind like a Malibu or impala ev, but not the maro keep it add a muscle car, not even a big fan of the 4 cylinder twin turbo, in my opinion keep it 6 cylinder twin turbo,
But hwy its just my opinion
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #4694
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Okay, I got a crazy question. Chevy has the Volt. They are now coming out with the Chevy Spark EV. Here's my question. Should Chevy try to come out with a camaro EV? An electric camaro? If you could get the first 40 miles on just electric power, you might never have to buy any gas for your camaro. I'm not that crazy about the look of a Volt, or Chevy Spark, but an electric camaro, uhmmm. What do you guys think? Would it sell, if you could get a "loaded" electric camaro for about 35k? I bet it would. You know, one with a back up camera, Chevy Mylink, and all that stuff. To me, the Volt and Spark aren't "sexy." The camaro is. The camaro is "badass."
Probably wouldn't buy it myself, but I would thank those that do for saving fuel for my gas guzzlers.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #4695
jose1003

Old 12-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #4696
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
At that point I think I'd just get Volt.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #4697
jose1003

Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #4698
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
I had awesome time Sunday!

Thank you guys for still going out to lunch.
Bummed the car show got cancelled but lunch still made the trip worth it.

Here are some of the pics I took Sunday.
Just thought I would share em for those I don't have on Fb.
I only got half the cars since I didn't start taking pics until after De La Vega's.
I wish I could've got some pics of the TAs and IROC-Z.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #4699
jose1003

Awesome pix, sorry show was canceled, hope you still had a great time in Cruces
Old 12-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #4700
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Bike Giveaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Nothing but fun Camaro activities for the next 2 weeks buddy boy!!!

Thursday, December 6th, 2012
HOOTERS All-Gen Camaro Gathering
Hooters: 3530 Foothills Rd, Las Cruces, NM

Hooters is having their monthly Camaro Show-Off at their establishment in Las Cruces again. Bring your Camaro, the older the better, and let's fill this parking lot and our bellies at 6PM.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012
Mesilla Valley Mall, Las Cruces, NM

Hey there everyone, I hope that the your week is heading into a relaxing direction before the Thanksgiving weekend arrives, I know mine ain't, haha. Well as you can see from above, the Toys For Tots Cruise has finally been rescheduled to early December. Though some of you have already known that we were already planning on attending the event, what most of you have not heard, is that we, Camaro5 EP/LC, are now official co-sponsors for the 2012 Las Cruces Toys For Tots Cruise! That's right folks, we are going to be a big part of this years' event, not only by just participating, but by helping out and taking care of certain responsibilities that will help this charitable event go smoothly from the registration in the morning to the car show in the afternoon.

Our responsibilities for the event are to help with registration in the morning at Mesilla Valley Mall from 9am -12pm, helping out vendors set up at the car show location at the Las Cruces Field of Dreams before the caravan of cars and toys arrive, and helping in parking all of the vehicles that will be taking part of the Toys For Tots Car Show at around 1:30/2PM. We are looking for those of us that can spare some time in helping out with the listed duties for the day. We are not looking into having a member doing registration, the cruise and also the car show responsibilities, that would be too much, but the more of us that can help the less we will have to worry about that occuring. The event has been posted 2 1/2 weeks in advance so that way we can make set plans to be participating in this. Now, we are also asking that even though you are helping, we still would like $5 AND an unopened toy be brought to the event. A list will be started at the bottom so we can see how many will be helping and where everyone can help.

This is very exciting news to announce folks and it's going to help those who are less fortunate than most who might not be able to recieve a gift this Christmas. The more participants that are at this event means the more toys can be provided to the wee lads, so if you know of anyone that wants to be a part of this, and it doesn't matter if they have a show ready car or a beat up clunker, the more the merrier. So please help us out by spreading the word and to spare a day. Thanks everyone!!!

MEMBERS:
Char1ieone (LC)
Viper1cobra (EP)
Boricua (EP)
Mysteek (LC)
mothrasnotapokemon (EP)
Gigachip (EP)
Don (LC)
Zombie_KMF (ABQ)
JMack (ABQ)
Randle (LC)
InfernoZ (LC)
Anna (LC)
SSRS2010 (LC)

Las Cruces Bike Giveaway Car Show
Saturday, December 15th, 2012
Sisbarro Used Car Dealership 425 West Boutz, Las Cruces, NM
9am-1pm

The Las Cruces Bike Giveaway (LCBG) will be held on Saturday, December 15th, 2012 from 9am-1pm under the big yellow tent at The Sisbarro Used Car Dealership on 425 West Boutz, Las Cruces, NM. We are requesting that all participating vehicles and owners be parked and registered no later than 8am before the rush. We are requesting a $10 donation to register your vehicle(s) for the LCBG Car Show. This donation will be used to help in purchasing bikes for next years’ giveaway. We are asking that all participating vehicles are in SHOW READY condition, this means no vehicles that are a work in progress, primered, or contain severe cosmetic complications. Food and beverages will be available to purchase at the event. All participating vehicles will NOT be able to depart under any circumstances from the LCBG event until 2pm once it has started, due to safety reasons with the large amounts of people and children present. Awards will be given away and announced at 1pm. Due to the location of the event, space is limited and it’s a first come, first serve basis. We are asking that if you are interested in joining us for this memorable event to please contact me or the events’ board members in advance to better prepare for your arrival in determining on spacing for all participating car show entries.

For this event guys, we kinda would like to only have a limited amount of 5th Gens present justy because we really don't want to have all 20 of us take over the entire show, ya know? Hahahaha! We're looking into showcasing the various colors of the cars like Don's Synergy Green, Vince and Genny's Aqua, Pedro's Red ZL1, an Inferno Orange, One (1) black, etc.

MEMBERS:
Genny (LC)
Don (LC)
char1ieone (LC)
Sabot (WS)
Viper1cobra (EP)
SSRS2010 (LC)

We will see you tomorrow
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #4701
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
Hellooo? anybody here?

Anyway..had a good time at the Bike giveaway on Saturday, great job Char1ieone for sure this event will get bigger and all for the kids.
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #4702
jose1003

I know, its like knock, knock,
Whose there
No one,

Well everyone happy holidays, and if I don't see any one merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #4703
Whoareu5
Champion

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS Summit
Hello gents, I am back safe and sound (if anyone had a clue where I was or even noticed :P). My only question is when is the next meet!
Whoareu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #4704
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoareu5 View Post
Hello gents, I am back safe and sound (if anyone had a clue where I was or even noticed :P). My only question is when is the next meet!
Oh, I noticed. Was thiiiiiiis close on just rmoving ya from my friends' list ...aaron or adrian, correct?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001