Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #15
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
A few similarities with these and the gen 5 Z relative to motor. I think they made around 100 SS and thirty Firehawks with LT4's. Leave the dust in the engine compartment!
That's right. In today's market it isn't dust... it's patina. Probably worth $10K lol
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #16
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Is it april fools already?
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #17
ajnagyII

Drives: 1997 Camaro Anniversary ss/z28 lt4
So disappointing to see the value of this car. I have a few first generation Camaros I am ready to restore and wanted to part with this one to fund projects. It is an Arizona original, car was only driven home from dealership. I appreciate the comments and I will lower cost to sell, or store for another 10 years. Thank you for looking and leaving feedback.
ajnagyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #18
ruquik

Drives: 2013 ZL1
your lucky if you can get 20k for it storing it 10 years will make no difference
ruquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #19
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Gorgeous car bro (one of my faves) but it's never going to garner 50-60k. You might be able to get higher $$ taking it to barrett-jackson or mecum but you're going to pay a ton in fees. I think you could get 25k on ebay for it but that's prob your max. Not trying to be a killjoy, the 4th gens just aren't that desirable (I have one), even as rare as yours. The GMMG cars are making decent profits but not much else, though you have one of the rarer 4th gens.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #20
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Nice car and it's museum worthy but you have to put yourself in the buyers shoes. If I had 50K to spend on a Camaro, would this be at the top of the list? More than likely, it would be at the bottom of my list.

Even if I was interested in a 4th gen (I love them), the special edition LS1 4th gens would be first on the list (Berger, GMMG, Earnhardt).

You might find someone to buy it at 40K. Look on the bright side, you are making ROI on the thing so how bad can that be?

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2016, 12:43 AM   #21
kendwarren

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1
1997 Anniversary SS Z/28 LT4

Have you sold the car posted last year?
kendwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #22
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Don't see sold ,it's just not worth the money performance wise,compared to what is out there,when you can get a 2011-14 7-800 hp zL1 for 40k ..
Old 07-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Don't see sold ,it's just not worth the money performance wise,compared to what is out there,when you can get a 2011-14 7-800 hp zL1 for 40k ..
You're absolutely correct about performance. Certainly, if you're looking for a car to drive, this isn't what you want. The LT4 SS Camaro is a museum piece. GM made over 8,000 Corvettes with the LT4 engine in '96. It was a one year only option, and only came with a manual transmission, and if you wanted a manual transmission in a Corvette in '96, you got the LT4 engine.

However, in '97, the Corvette introduced the era of the Gen III LS1 engine. But having some of these left in the parts bin, and '97 being the last production year for the LT1 in the Camaro, they created this little gem.

The folk lore of the LT4 engine is well documented in the Corvette community. The story out there is when they first designed this engine, it made about 400 bhp. With the Gen III coming out the following year, being rated at 350, they had to dial this one back. They put in a smaller cam and redesigned the heads, adding some material to the intake runners. Even still, stock dyno pulls and the LT4 Corvettes were regularly showing anywhere from 300-320 at the wheels. Having owned one, I can tell you, it was a pretty special engine for it's time. Although many of the magazines were getting these low 13 second 1/4 times, owners with some seat time were getting mid to high 12's in the quarter mile, bone stock.

Not sure how many of the original 100 SLP LT4's are still out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find an example like this one. for what it is, what it represents, I don't think $50K is too far off base. If the Camaro lasts another 25 years, at the 75th anniversary, this car will probably near double in value to the collector.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote