Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Question ???BMR BK022 Front radius rod and Lower control arm bushings removal

Hey everyone!!! Well i just want to know if u guys have any imput on how i can remove the front radius rod and the Lower control arm bushings BMR BK022. Im almost done with completing all my suspension and cant wait to drive it but i cant figure an easy way to remove those bushings. I tryed to use a tool i made up just like the one that PFADT makes but in a bigger scale so that it works for these bushings and its not working. I really wouldnt like to go the same route i had to go when i removed my differential bushings (Its a major painand time consuming). Use a hole saw to cut out the center and then a sawzall to cut the metal sleave and then a chisel and hammer to take the sleave out. Im sure a press would work but i dont know anyone or anyplace that has one!! Any ideas on how i can do this? For those of you who did this already... how did u guys take out those bushings!!! THANKS!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Hey everyone!!! Well i just want to know if u guys have any imput on how i can remove the front radius rod and the Lower control arm bushings BMR BK022. Im almost done with completing all my suspension and cant wait to drive it but i cant figure an easy way to remove those bushings. I tryed to use a tool i made up just like the one that PFADT makes but in a bigger scale so that it works for these bushings and its not working. I really wouldnt like to go the same route i had to go when i removed my differential bushings (Its a major painand time consuming). Use a hole saw to cut out the center and then a sawzall to cut the metal sleave and then a chisel and hammer to take the sleave out. Im sure a press would work but i dont know anyone or anyplace that has one!! Any ideas on how i can do this? For those of you who did this already... how did u guys take out those bushings!!! THANKS!!!
I had a special press tool made to remove the bushings from the radius rod and it makes the job easy. I have a set of 8K mile arms here with the bushings pressed out already as well as a new set; how many miles do you have on your arms? I don't have any spare front lower c-arms laying around at the moment however.. Where are you located?

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I had a special press tool made to remove the bushings from the radius rod and it makes the job easy. I have a set of 8K mile arms here with the bushings pressed out already as well as a new set; how many miles do you have on your arms? I don't have any spare front lower c-arms laying around at the moment however.. Where are you located?

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Hey!!! My car only has 7K on it but Im just gonna get a shop to press them out. I know the manager and he's super cool. He said he charged me like $5-$10 for each. its two in each side. Thanks for the offering i really appreciate it!!!! The littlest things are the ones that count and i will remember this in the future Jordan at JDP!!!! THANKZ
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit

Last edited by BAWLZ SS; 10-18-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
A press is definitely the easiest way to get the stock bushings out and the BMR bushings in. If you have any trouble with the bushings don't hesitate to give me a call here at the shop.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Hey!!! My car only has 7K on it but Im just gonna get a shop to press them out. I know the manager and he's super cool. He said he charged me like $5-$10 for each. its two in each side. Thanks for the offering i really appreciate it!!!! The littlest things are the ones that count and i will remember this in the future Jordan at JDP!!!! THANKZ
No problem! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! Have a good one and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote