Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #645
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Losing my best friend in July was the hardest thing I ever went through in my life, it's different than say when you lose a grandparent or someone to a lengthy illness, but to get a phone call at 4:17am telling me that my bro is gone sent me on a major downward spiral, especially being out here in Cali & him back home in NJ. I'm sure if you review my thread you'd see I disappeared for a while, I didn't care about anything. I think only 3 or 4 people from here knew about it, Dizzy, Leo, Kurt and I believe Pierre. Dizz & Leo knew first because of the HT thing and we'd text each other about meets & other stuff and when I told them what happened they were both right there for me. Dizzy could relate more because he lost a good bro in the war, but they both offered their support. And I owe a lot to Kurt (ABL) because he's a man of strong faith, and believe me I certainly had no faith at that time, more like hate because why would something like that happen. But he's helped me a lot regain my faith and has made my life a little easier, there's not an hour that goes by that I don't think of my bro. His girl lost everything when he passed, even though they were only together for 3 years, they finally found true happiness and then that had to happen, so I had to be strong for her and his 2 kids, a son that's 19 & a daughter that's 21 from his first marriage. I was a wreck inside, but had to put on a suit of armor for them, and we've all kind of helped each other. When the hurricane rolled through NJ, his girlfriend really lost everything, because she lived in the bottom apartment next to my house, that's how they met BTW.....So her apartment had 4' of water in it, and my bottom floor is just garage & boat house, so since the hurricane I've been letting her stay in my house, I figure my bro would do the same for me and it's just empty for the time being, so I know my bro is looking down on me appreciating that. It'll be 6 months tomorrow and I guaranty that I'll wake up at 4:17am tomorrow morning, I have the past 5 months on the 26th. I don't know if it's my bro waking me up or what, but it's happened and I can't explain it. But like I said, he'll always ride with me and I know one day we'll be together again.

For my bro.....RIP Brother.....We were always waterman, surf, fish, dive anything to do with the ocean, Kamali'i O Ke Kai (Children of the sea in Hawaiian, I've had it tatted on my arm for 25 years) so there was no question where he wanted to be as well. So we took out his boat and fished one last time at a spot we used fish as kids, and whenever I enter the water, he'll be there.
John,

Please accept our sympathies and condolences for the loss of your brother. Your brother, you your family and his girlfriend are in our prayers.

Vechnaya Pamyat
(Memory Eternal)
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #646
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
woooow man that looks like it came out of a transformer bot
P it is pretty cool looking, especially compared next to the stock one. It'll tighten up the rear end to handle the power and keep it to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Tahoe?

Pete, you never met my Hoe?

Wait till you see it next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
Hey Kronix, finally caught up on your thread. What a car! I love the Camaro and yours takes the cake for sure. But I completely understand getting the vette, I love both cars but I would have a vette over a camaro if I could. Although I am hoping to get a 1le in the near future, but school come first of course. Iv read about 5 build threads already and yours is by far the best, not just in the bada$$ camaro but also just the way you conducted your post. keep it up! I look forward to continue reading your updates.

Also, my condolences about Tim, you will be in my prayers.

Thanks Reed, I appreciate it & I'm glad you enjoy reading my thread. I try not to pepper it with BS just so it can stay on the first page. I enjoy writing, and figured since I went through some life changing experiences I might as well draw strength from some of those that have supported my build thread. And it's worked, because I've met some incredible people & received a lot of support when things weren't so pretty. Like from the poster above & below you, Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
John,

Please accept our sympathies and condolences for the loss of your brother. Your brother, you your family and his girlfriend are in our prayers.

Vechnaya Pamyat
(Memory Eternal)
Pete, thank you again my friend. Like I told you in that pm a month or so ago, you're an incredible guy & I'm honored to have you as a friend. Thank you for the PM the other day.

Oh yea, the build thread, was getting all mushy there for a minute.....

The new Eaton Differential will be installed on Monday, Ryne will do some test drives and I should have the car back Tuesday or Wednesday. When he dyno'd it, the car ran 652 rwhp & 601 rwtq, and he said in another thread about my car, that his dyno is very stingy with big hp cars, and that my car is in the 680-700 rwhp range, which is about 850 HP at the crank...Cunningham Motorsports knows how to make power! This kit is repeatable & available at CMS, contact Ryne if you're interested.

Got an idea this week from something that Pete posted in one of his Pedders threads So there should be a little exterior change coming up shortly.

Stock LS3 long block, CMS Custom Cam package, Magnuson 2300 with overdriven rear cogs & 3.6 pulley, Kooks headers, ALKY Control Meth Injection.

http://www.cunningham-motorsports.com/index.php

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #647
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
What i want to know is, Why in the hell is Cunningham Motorsports not promoting your Camaro on their website??? I mean they did help build one of the best and most know Camaros on Camaro5
Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #648
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Dam nice
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #649
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
Even better Leo! I dumped him in the garbage can butt first! You know, the big round school garbage cans on wheels? Yeah, those! hahaha whaterever was in there sure stank like hell! And so did he!

Quote:
BOOOOOOM, just like I predicted right here, Ravens would be Super Bowl Champions, I know LEO jumped on board did you??? 5 Figure day!!!!! Mo Mods, Mo Mods & the C7 that much closer!!!
hell yea broski, we go for our east coast teams all day every day !!! no matter what the odds are

Quote:

Wait till you see it next week...

what day you going bro ? ill try to stop by if I'm able to get off work
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #650
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
That's one mean lookin Hoe you got there J
Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #651
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
What i want to know is, Why in the hell is Cunningham Motorsports not promoting your Camaro on their website??? I mean they did help build one of the best and most know Camaros on Camaro5
Thanks for the ringing endorsement Solo I once CMS gets a little caught up, they'll be a picture up on the site and the ability to get a similar package. Once thing about Ryne @ CMS, he's extremely thorough and everything must be perfect before he lets me pick her up, we're just waiting on one more part that's being delivered today.

I've learned over the past 14 months that building a custom, one off takes a lot of time, patience, and the understanding that "bolts right up to stock" really means modifications needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Dam nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post

hell yea broski, we go for our east coast teams all day every day !!! no matter what the odds are

what day you going bro ? ill try to stop by if I'm able to get off work
That's right brotha, at least you can say the Ravens contributed to your build!!

I was there Monday checking stuff out & saw your whip, looking good bro! Team Antidote knows their shit & they're good people, I wish there were more shops like them with the same work ethics. I'm proud to have my whips part of Team Antidote!

Quote:
That's one mean lookin Hoe you got there J
You ain't seen nothing yet P, BIG changes are happening as I write this! Here's some sneak pics, the first one is the Hoe with the new Iron Bull bumper & Oracle lights. Then the other 2 pics, well lets just say that we're playing Dr. Frankenstien and they'll be a little bit of the Matte Military Green Escalade & the Matte Black Hood from the burgundy Tahoe when the Hoe is finished. Plus since we'll be taking both cars to SEMA this year for Team Antidote, Jake wanted to do some upgrades to my sound system and make a custom fiberglass sub enclosure......Sucks not having either car right now, but should have both by the weekend. I'm offering a case of wine to the shop that's done first!
Attached Images

Last edited by Kronix; 02-13-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #652
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looks awesome bro really like it, so now you're out of cars and using cabs the whole time , maybe these shops should provide you a car till yours are finished i mean for all the $$$$$$ your paying it's the least they could do
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #653
Kronix

Quote:
Looks awesome bro really like it, so now you're out of cars and using cabs the whole time , maybe these shops should provide you a car till yours are finished i mean for all the $$$$$$ your paying it's the least they could do
No bro, no cabs for me, always have to have a car I have a Dodge Challenger that I rented, and it's being taken care of by Iron Bull. Not a bad car, more roomy than the Camaro I must admit. I always like to rent cars I've never driven, but I'd never buy a Dodge.

But the bottom-line, if I was happy with a stock whip I guess I would have a lot more $$$$ & a lot less aggravation, but it'll be good soon enough, then I can just drive & enjoy......until the C7
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #654
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
DAMMMNNN! Your Hoe is gonna be SICKK!!! I hope your going with those cab lights, because it makes it look like a diesel! sooo sick J! Ive driven my dads Avalanche, and I've been wanting to get him a bumper like that! The only thing I hate about GM's cars right now, is their inability to not insulate the sound whatsoever! How in the hell do you go about fixing that? I know my dad ADORES his truck, and i know he'd love to see his truck all mean looking like that. Future PARENT mod!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #655
Kronix

Quote:
DAMMMNNN! Your Hoe is gonna be SICKK!!! I hope your going with those cab lights, because it makes it look like a diesel! sooo sick J! Ive driven my dads Avalanche, and I've been wanting to get him a bumper like that! The only thing I hate about GM's cars right now, is their inability to not insulate the sound whatsoever! How in the hell do you go about fixing that? I know my dad ADORES his truck, and i know he'd love to see his truck all mean looking like that. Future PARENT mod!
Thanks Bro, now you see why I wasn't/couldn't getting rid of it! The thing's a BEAST!! I did the same with the Hoe, that I did with the Camaro for the sound, actually the Hoe had the sound dampening material before the SS. But that's what you have to do for the sound pretty much with any car if you want it to sound good inside & minimize the metal rattle sound outside (But I think some bass heads like that )

I am getting the cab lights, I just have to wait for Recon to have them back in stock. Hopefully I'll be posting some pics of both whips come Friday

Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #656
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Bro, this bitch is gonna be SICK! I can't wait! And what did they do to dampen the sound?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #657
Kronix

Quote:
Bro, this bitch is gonna be SICK! I can't wait! And what did they do to dampen the sound?
They're's quite a few things on the market, Accumat, Schosche makes a good product, I've used Second Skin for the last couple cars and have no complaints.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com

Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #658
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Alright! I shall be adding the Luxury Liner pro to my list!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx