Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Camaro used in another game!!! :)

it's official, the camaro is being branded over the video game world...in a new, high octane, fast paced video game called Split Second, releasing May 2010...oh i can't wait for this to come out

In Split Second, players take part in a fictional reality TV programme where participants race for money and glory. Throughout a race, players can build up their "powerplay" meter by performing stunts such as jumps and precision driving such as passing very close to objects and drifting. As the player builds up their meter, special events can be triggered which create obstacles for other players, create shortcuts or alter the race course entirely. These triggers are also activated by the player's AI opponents. Such events include explosions, airplane crashes and building collapses. The severity of the events available to trigger varies depending on how full the player's meter is. The first level of events are available when two of the three bars on the HUD are full and the most extreme can only be triggered once all three are full. Event locations, and the vehicles they will affect, are highlighted with a blue glow and the player must time the action accurately in order to hinder his or her competitors as much as possible. As the powerplay meter resets once an event is triggered, the player must also strategise to choose whether to activate the less destrutive first-level events as soon as they are available, or save their powerplay points for longer and build them up further in order to use the top-tier actions. There are also certain powerplays that reset for the next lap, such as bombs dropped from helicopters, but there will also be powerplays that will never reset, unless the race is restarted or quit. Black Rock Studios also wanted to make the HUD as simple as possible by taking away all the unnecessary elements (speedometer, map, etc.) leaving only the lap count, position that the player is in and the powerplay meter, all dynamically positioned behind the car itself.

Using the reality TV show premise, the game is broken up into numerous seasons with 24 episodes each, with one episode consisting of three race events. The game has been confirmed to have multiplayer, online and offline.

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Awesome, might be time for me to buy a PS3, I still have the PS2 that I have not used in years.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
The camaro has also hit arcades - I saw this particular arcade game at my local CiCis when I was there getting pizza (all you can eat = eat all I can).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fas...Furious:_Drift
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
shad2009
"Cassie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
The camaro has also hit arcades - I saw this particular arcade came at my local CiCis when I was there getting pizza (all you can eat = eat all I can).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fas...Furious:_Drift
- X
i had no idea that it was in this game, i've been playin' it for a while i'm bout to go to the movies right now and playlol j/k

Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
shad2009
"Cassie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Awesome, might be time for me to buy a PS3, I still have the PS2 that I have not used in years.
yes, this is the perfect time to buy one, the price has been cut to $299...you might b able to get a better deal at walmart or target...but it's worth every penny

Old 12-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
i had no idea that it was in this game, i've been playin' it for a while i'm bout to go to the movies right now and playlol j/k
Heh. I was just sitting there eating my pizza and I had a view of the arcade (and that game was framed just perfectly in the door while it was running the demo screen thing since nobody was playing). Then, I'm like... wait, was that a camaro?

So I looked a bit closer and sure enough there was a camaro driving around on one of the tracks.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote