Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 08-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
New member, exhaust help

Hello,

My name is Vince and I recently purchased a 2013 Hot Wheels Edition. I am in the process of researching an after market exhaust system and I was wondering if I could bug some of you for a ride-a-long?

The systems I'm looking for are:
  1. Borla ATAK (Axle Back) with stock headers, stock intake, stock cats and stock tubes.
  2. Solo Performance J-Pipe (Axle Back) with stock headers, stock intake, stock cats and stock tubes.

If you have one of the above setups and live in the south Denver metro area (Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Englewood, Parker, Centennial, Castle Rock, Aurora, etc...) I would be greateful for a ride-a-long.

Thanks.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
How loud are you looking to make it. Also do you ever for see putting headers on it later.
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@RMCR View Post
How loud are you looking to make it. Also do you ever for see putting headers on it later.
I don't see myself adding headers or cats or a CAI. All I want is a throatier growl then what comes stock. I've pretty much narrowed down my choices to the Solo, Axle Back w/J-Pipes or the Borla ATAK Axle Back systems.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Ocx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
You are definitely on the right track. However, I would suggest looking at the CAT back systems from Borla as the stock resonators kill a LOT of sound. I went with the S-Type rear section (axle back) which is great, but it lacked the sound I was really hoping to achieve. The nice thing about Borla is they sell the X-Pipe separately so if you eventually want to upgrade to CAT back at a later date you have that option. Trust me, its worth every penny.

Grats on the ride!
Ocx is offline   Reply With Quote