Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 AM   #99
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
very coooool
Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #100
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My car is back at the paint and body shop so they can fix the items on my punch list. I should have it back by Tuesday.

The good news is, I picked up some of the pieces from the engine cover they painted and it's looking sweet. I'll post some pics of that later.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #101
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
very coooool
X2 You can't go wrong with that color combo
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #102
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Dude, the new pics and the car look AMAZING. I'm drooling like crazy right now!! You are a beast! Now it's time to rule the shows you go to .
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #103
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Dude, the new pics and the car look AMAZING. I'm drooling like crazy right now!! You are a beast! Now it's time to rule the shows you go to .
Thanks man!

Right now I'm working on a full color correction because the painter left it a swirled up mess. It's going to look amazing after I finish that and wax it.

Custom engine cover is close to being done. Once I install it, I'll post up pics.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #104
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

So..I'm still playing with the paint (such a paint in the ass...pun intended). This is what it looks like before polishing:

This is what it looks like after:

As you can see, the swirls came out, but there are deeper scratches underneath that cutting compound isn't taking out. I was starting to think the scratches were under the clear coat (insert sick feeling). I opted to take the car back to the painter and he confirmed they are indeed in the clear. He indicated that the only way to get them out is to do more wet sanding. He is going to hit the car with 2500 grit and then buff it. Hopefully I'll get it back by the weekend so I can start polishing again.

Rob
Old 06-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #105
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

It's back and the scratches are out of the stripe which is all I asked him to do. I'm going to do the color correction on the rest of the car myself and I should have that done by next weekend.

I also picked this up which is going to be part of my show display. I planned on doing it later, but my wife surprised me and had the painter do it without me knowing. I got it back and assembled yesterday.

I'm going to see if I can find some black mesh style wheels to match mine as closely as possible.

Rob
Old 09-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #106
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

It's been a while since I've posted mostly because summer in Florida in the air conditioning and heating business doesn't give you much time or motivation to do much. I've been feeling like I'm losing interest in my car so I decided to do something about it.

I've had custom painted bowtie and SS emblems sitting on the bar for 4 months so I decided to put them on. It was kind of difficult as the double sided tape was ruined and I had to cut new tape by hand. Not a simple task and it takes a lot of patience. Anyways, here are a couple cell phone pics. I'm going to try and get better pics in the sun tomorrow.

Other mods coming up:
Finally wiring up the rgb mail slot scanner bar, headlight and fog light halos, and installing my custom powder coated and painted American Car Craft engine cover

Rob
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #107
Sky

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
I was so stunned by the paint I didn't even notice the gill delete. I need to pay more attention!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #108
TCAT

Looks badass!! You're back!! Great to see you on here. The car looks phenominal man!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #109
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
I was so stunned by the paint I didn't even notice the gill delete. I need to pay more attention!
Nobody really notices unless I tell them. It was one of the only things I wanted to do to really make it different. I wasn't the first, but there aren't more than a handful that have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Looks badass!! You're back!! Great to see you on here. The car looks phenominal man!
Thanks Tommy...I have a few more things sitting here waiting to get installed. I'm hoping to go FI towards the end of the year and start modding the interior.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #110
TCAT

Damn straight ! With forced induction, it'll spark a whole other interest in your car. LOL
Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #111
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Hell yea broski we knew it was coming sooner than later!!! Gotta love that gill delete and bad to the bone paint job Congrats on COTW my man well deserved
Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #112
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Congrats on COTW Rob - fully deserved after all the work that has gone into it!

And I know you still have many plans for her so here's to just the beginning!

(although I'm not giving up my spot on the MFCC fastlist without a fight! )