Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Camshaft sensor code 0340/0341

So the other day went to start her up and it coughed, seemed to try and fire on a couple of cylinders. Tried again, fired right up..However have noticed the idle a wee bit more 'lumpy'
No loss of power, good fuel
Did it again last night and threw the above codes.

Back in late 2012 had pretty aggressive CAM swap, prob 20,000 miles ago, and pretty much L99 to LS3 conversion at GET TORQ - who no longer seem to around.
My question/assumption, which we know is the mother of all screw ups....
On the bill it has an LS6/LS3 timing cover amongst other things, but not an LS3 camshaft sensor/wiring.
Did some research and it appears that the LS3/L99 sensors are different.
Without taking it off, does this seem right to you?
I will get a bit of time later today to delve in to take a look - but if someone can clearly say "you must have an LS3 sensor cos it won't physically fit" ill order one up and run round and get one...and not get my hands dirty twice

Thanks all....
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

So it was LS3 type camshaft sensor.
Put a new one in, reset the CEL -and hey presto! It came back on..same problem with starting and the CEL.
I guess i will check the wiring and run it in to a shop...
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

Old 10-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Just to round this off...
CAM sensor fine.
Turned out to be the sensor wiring harness connector to the main wiring loom. The connector was corroded.
I guess when i had the CAM installed, it was not seated properly, got water in and corroded. Not much else i could but hard wire the 3 wires to the cam wiring harness. Solder and heat shrink.
Working perfectly.
I guess the hex vents on the hood didn't help...but all good now