Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 07-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #197

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3

No track videos at all???....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #198
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
My times were also wrong, they did not use my rerun time.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #199
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Pete and the volunteers at CamaroCross did a great job again, as always.

We had some electrical issues early on Friday, and we have collected a lot of feedback both as workers and organizers. We're going to hold a meeting shortly to compare notes and institute some improvements. There were some issues, including electrical problems, but these guys all work their asses off.

I'll provide a teaser: We're going to invest in mobile corner worker golf carts. No more corner working for drivers. You can focus on your times. No more corner worker meetings, shift changes, which means more time on track, better consistency, and a better driving experience!

Bottom line is the CamaroCross is the most fun you can have on four wheels short of a full-blown road course, in my opinion. And we're dedicated to our volunteers and our mission...it'll be even more fun next year!
Old 07-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #200
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ohh! I've also got a couple of good ZL1 1LE videos on the course. And in the meantime, check this out!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #201
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Thanks so much to Pete, his family and all the volunteers for putting on and managing the CamaroCross event! It was SOOO much fun, and well organized! Just wish we had more runs to play!! lol Had an absolute blast!! Videos to come!

(I placed 2nd in the V6 Class. )
Old 07-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #202
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Thanks so much to Pete, his family and all the volunteers for putting on and managing the CamaroCross event! It was SOOO much fun, and well organized! Just wish we had more runs to play!! lol Had an absolute blast!! Videos to come!

Thank you. More runs, less delays and more fun were the focus of our AAR. The heat and humidity were brutal on the corner workers, starters and grid folks. Under the tents with computer and rning equipment were not much better. Even the generator was vapor lo king due to the heat.

As Joe already mentioned, we have already solved the corner workers issue with old and new technology. Old tech will help the people that man the starter and grid stations.

23 slabs of water, 19 slabs of Gatorade and 11 cases of pop were consumed by staff and drivers / corner workers. It was worth it. No one was overcome by the heat.

It seems the finals shoot out format was well received, especially the final run with the timing display turned off. Times and podium positions were announced at the trophy presentation.

ALLOW ME TO THANK ALL THOSE THAT PARTICIPATED AND DELIVERED A SUPER SHOW. Thank you all. See you next year.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #203
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:

Had a blast competing against you, congrats on 2nd!!!! SHHH we were grading on the V6 curve and you know how that goes lol!!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #204
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Thank you. More runs, less delays and more fun were the focus of our AAR. The heat and humidity were brutal on the corner workers, starters and grid folks. Under the tents with computer and rning equipment were not much better. Even the generator was vapor lo king due to the heat.

As Joe already mentioned, we have already solved the corner workers issue with old and new technology. Old tech will help the people that man the starter and grid stations.

23 slabs of water, 19 slabs of Gatorade and 11 cases of pop were consumed by staff and drivers / corner workers. It was worth it. No one was overcome by the heat.

It seems the finals shoot out format was well received, especially the final run with the timing display turned off. Times and podium positions were announced at the trophy presentation.

ALLOW ME TO THANK ALL THOSE THAT PARTICIPATED AND DELIVERED A SUPER SHOW. Thank you all. See you next year.
For sure!! The heat was really really bad! I felt like I was still in Houston! lol But seriously I loved the finals on how they were run, I liked that the podium positions were announced at the awards ceremony! It was a nice surprise!! And looking forward to having more runs at CamaroCross!! Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Had a blast competing against you, congrats on 2nd!!!! SHHH we were grading on the V6 curve and you know how that goes lol!!!!
Hey Bob!! Thanks so much!! Congratulations to you too!!!! Super fun meeting you and competing with you!!! Looking forward to a rematch next year!! You definitely gave me a run for my money!!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #205
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Here is my fastest run at 39.032. After watching my video I see where I could of gone faster. There is always next time!

Old 07-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #206
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Here is my fastest run at 39.032. After watching my video I see where I could of gone faster. There is always next time!

That is a nice clean run, but there is always room for better and faster!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #207
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Pete, a personal thank you for taking the extra time in pointing out how to run the course. Might have been a rental car but it helped out a lot. Not the fastest but it was a great experience. I'll be faster next time, a great learning experience and a lot of fun.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #208
Spitfil2e

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Victory Red
It was awesome being able to talk to all of you guys at the starting line!!! I hope everyone had an awesome time!!! I also wanted to say everyone did a fantastic job!!! Congrats to the winners and I cannot wait till next year!!!! I also was to get a huge SHOUT OUT to Pete's guys working on cars in the 100 degree heat. They fixed something for me wearing all black and pants. They deserve a lot a credit and a raise!!! Hope you guys had fun driving the car!!! Also all of the other volunteers I know how hard everyone worked and you guys did an awesome job!!!! Can't wait till next year, maybe I can grab 1st.
2011 LS3 M6 Rotofab CAI, Comp Custom Grind Cam 224 / 234 @ .050, .581/.576 w/ 1.7 rocker, 114 lobe sep 110 int c/l, Borla Full Exhaust, Ridetech Stage 2 Coilovers, McLeod RXT Street Twin Clutch, JPSS front and rear sway bars, JPSS caster locks, Forgeline GA3R Wheels Victory Red inner and outer barrels and matte back Spokes wrapped in Bridgestone 305 re71r on all four corners, Other JPSS Stuff. 455RWHP and 411RWTQ on Nascar Dyno.
Spitfil2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #209
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Pete, a personal thank you for taking the extra time in pointing out how to run the course. Might have been a rental car but it helped out a lot. Not the fastest but it was a great experience. I'll be faster next time, a great learning experience and a lot of fun.
I wish you would have grabbed me and said Hi so I could place a face with a username. Glad you had a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfil2e View Post
It was awesome being able to talk to all of you guys at the starting line!!! I hope everyone had an awesome time!!! I also wanted to say everyone did a fantastic job!!! Congrats to the winners and I cannot wait till next year!!!! I also was to get a huge SHOUT OUT to Pete's guys working on cars in the 100 degree heat. They fixed something for me wearing all black and pants. They deserve a lot a credit and a raise!!! Hope you guys had fun driving the car!!! Also all of the other volunteers I know how hard everyone worked and you guys did an awesome job!!!! Can't wait till next year, maybe I can grab 1st.
These comments mean a lot as those volunteers donate their entire fest time to this.
Nothing ever goes perfectly but they certainly work their asses off to make sure it does.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #210
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Camarocross C2 Finals

Video Autox run during the Finals at Camarocross in C2 class.
Finished 1st in class this year.

https://youtu.be/imqJfjRfJgY
Attached Images