Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Very cool, organized set up guys

Here's my collection (short of a few items drying/being washed)

Attachment 508526
Attachment 508527Attachment 508528

And no I don't sleep with the towels :p lol just didn't have a bigger enough area to put them at the time of the picture -_-
No, YOU are ready for the detailing apocalypse!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Looking good guys!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Very cool, organized set up guys

Here's my collection (short of a few items drying/being washed)

And no I don't sleep with the towels :p lol just didn't have a bigger enough area to put them at the time of the picture -_-
Looks like it's about time to stock up on some APC....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Looks like it's about time to stock up on some APC....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Think so?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Think so?
Yes, it's looking pitifully low. Also, I was wondering if you have a favorite brand, or do you like to mix and match?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice
Old 05-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Yes, it's looking pitifully low. Also, I was wondering if you have a favorite brand, or do you like to mix and match?
I do like to mix and match contrary to my pictures lol But in a nutshell i use

Eagle one- AtoZ tire cleaner - mostly on my DD's And it works very well, foams like crazy and thoroughly cleans the tires and Trim

also their Alluminium wheel cleaner, i know my rims are just like the paint (clear coat wise) but it too does a great job but would be open to something else that makes it shiny-er?

For the interior of my DD's i use Lexol cleaner and conditioner and i like it alot. Used it at the detailing shop i use to work at.

Have to say im not 100% satisfied with Adams car shampoo....but im thinking my water might be too hard or whatever because it doesnt keep enough suds

So i use Surf City Wash n Shine soap with great results

I know these are OTC products but imo they are far superior than armor all lol

But neverteless the armor all wheel protectant is quite good....use it on my dad's Zo6 rims and it keeps them looking cleaner longer even after it rains....

Im definitely open to suggestions Which i wanted to ask, is their a sealant i could use where i dont have to wait a long period of time to cure?

For instance, i only have sunday to fully detail my dads vette and would like to put a sealant down but adams super sealant bc of my time contraints wont cure in time.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Just moved all my stuff to a new cabinet. Needed some more space
I see some banana pudding... er... I mean tire dressing
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I see some banana pudding... er... I mean tire dressing
When is said tire dressing coming out?
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Nice set up!! For some reason, I figured your detailing arsenal to be much larger. My wife picked these used cabinets up for $75.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368207654.358818.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  169.0 KB
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
Nice set up!! For some reason, I figured your detailing arsenal to be much larger. My wife picked these used cabinets up for $75.

Attachment 508645
Nice setup dude!

I got rid of everything I don't use on a daily basis. I see no point in keeping around a bunch of stuff collecting dust. I try stuff and if it doesn't make the cut I give it to friends or family or sell it. And I stopped buying most things in bulk because I'm too ADD to stick with stuff for long. I could take this picture again in a year and it would look totally different, I'm sure. I also just finished moving across country so there was some serious spring cleaning done. It was a good time to be my friend in Dallas a month ago Camaros don't haul a whole lot
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #26
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
I do like to mix and match contrary to my pictures lol But in a nutshell i use

Eagle one- AtoZ tire cleaner - mostly on my DD's And it works very well, foams like crazy and thoroughly cleans the tires and Trim

also their Alluminium wheel cleaner, i know my rims are just like the paint (clear coat wise) but it too does a great job but would be open to something else that makes it shiny-er?

For the interior of my DD's i use Lexol cleaner and conditioner and i like it alot. Used it at the detailing shop i use to work at.

Have to say im not 100% satisfied with Adams car shampoo....but im thinking my water might be too hard or whatever because it doesnt keep enough suds

So i use Surf City Wash n Shine soap with great results

I know these are OTC products but imo they are far superior than armor all lol

But neverteless the armor all wheel protectant is quite good....use it on my dad's Zo6 rims and it keeps them looking cleaner longer even after it rains....

Im definitely open to suggestions Which i wanted to ask, is their a sealant i could use where i dont have to wait a long period of time to cure?

For instance, i only have sunday to fully detail my dads vette and would like to put a sealant down but adams super sealant bc of my time contraints wont cure in time.
I was just needling you a bit because I think you have every Adam's product in the arsenal

As far as the sealant, I think you might be having a little confusion on what curing means. Curing just means the time you have to wait until you can put something else on top.

So let's say a sealant has 12 hours cure time. That's perfectly fine for a 1 day detail. What you'll do is apply the sealant, let it haze for 30 minutes or so, buff off, and you'r done. Where the 12 hours comes in is if you wanted to put another layer on, or top your sealant with a wax.

None of the traditional sealants I use cure any faster, and I use them all the time in 1 day jobs. You just have to leave it at one coat.

That being said, there are some that cure faster, such as Adam's Quick Sealant or whatever they call it. Supposed to cure in 30 minutes. I have no idea how the longevity stacks up to traditional sealants though. You can also look into the spray sealants I use, such as CG v07 and Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger, which you can layer in as little as 30 minutes as well. V7 doesn't last too long, but Jett definitely has some legs to it, especially with two coats or more. I'd say 2-3 coats of Jett will stack up to one coat of MSS.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #27
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Holy crap swizlstik, I have heard of the "Adams Army" I didn't know you were their General.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
I was just needling you a bit because I think you have every Adam's product in the arsenal

As far as the sealant, I think you might be having a little confusion on what curing means. Curing just means the time you have to wait until you can put something else on top.

So let's say a sealant has 12 hours cure time. That's perfectly fine for a 1 day detail. What you'll do is apply the sealant, let it haze for 30 minutes or so, buff off, and you'r done. Where the 12 hours comes in is if you wanted to put another layer on, or top your sealant with a wax.

None of the traditional sealants I use cure any faster, and I use them all the time in 1 day jobs. You just have to leave it at one coat.

That being said, there are some that cure faster, such as Adam's Quick Sealant or whatever they call it. Supposed to cure in 30 minutes. I have no idea how the longevity stacks up to traditional sealants though. You can also look into the spray sealants I use, such as CG v07 and Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger, which you can layer in as little as 30 minutes as well. V7 doesn't last too long, but Jett definitely has some legs to it, especially with two coats or more. I'd say 2-3 coats of Jett will stack up to one coat of MSS.

Ok great that makes sense now, but i completely forgot about having the quick sealant

But the reason i asked about the sealant was bc i wanted top it off with some americana without the chances of the sealant hazing up later on.