Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If you were the emblem engineer you would know.

I am sorry but calling these holes "stupid" is really uncalled for.

For the VERY few that remove the bow tie it might make it a lot harder to mod but the 99.9% of buyers that want the bowtie perfectly positioned and solidly attached the hoes are necessary.

Call them inconvenient or say you wish they weren't there but PLEASE don't claim GM failed at this, they didn't.
Sorry but I am siding with the OP here. Most badges are placed onto cars using "positioning plates" and they certainly could have been used here. They are used to place the "SS" or "RS" emblems on the trunklid as well as the "camaro" emblem on the front fenders as there are no holes behind them.

Yes, you need to be sure that the bowtie is not installed upside down but there are other ways of ensuring that.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I guess to me it's just a badge...

If you don't like it, hit the bodyshop to get them filled and then drop the trans logo on there. It would be cool if you had a trans edition car.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Sorry but I am siding with the OP here. Most badges are placed onto cars using "positioning plates" and they certainly could have been used here. They are used to place the "SS" or "RS" emblems on the trunklid as well as the "camaro" emblem on the front fenders as there are no holes behind them.

Yes, you need to be sure that the bowtie is not installed upside down but there are other ways of ensuring that.
Flip over your screen and tell me if the bowtie looks exactly the same.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Flip over your screen and tell me if the bowtie looks exactly the same.
That's what I initially thought as well until I pulled mine off and looked at it closely.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
im sorry but these comments are totally ignorant the 2010 camaro is a work of art if you dont like it get a freaking mustang or challenger or design your own car . put something else there that will cover the holes personally i like it the way it is, i bought a camaro because its an american icon and a legend not because it was in a cheesy movie. but dont get me wrong the actual tranformer edition is nice but dont get carried away with it .

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #20
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
So when one gets more cooler, does it freeze?

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
So when one gets more cooler, does it freeze?
*Gets up off floor after falling out chair laughing*
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
im sorry but these comments are totally ignorant the 2010 camaro is a work of art if you dont like it get a freaking mustang or challenger or design your own car . put something else there that will cover the holes personally i like it the way it is, i bought a camaro because its an american icon and a legend not because it was in a cheesy movie. but dont get me wrong the actual tranformer edition is nice but dont get carried away with it .
Not sure how long you've been around camaros but people like to personalize them. In fact, it probably ranks into the top 3 models when it comes to customization work. GM understood this and the initial roll-out was to include many accessories available from GMPP so that people could personalize the vehicle. Unfortunately bankruptcy screwed all that up.

It would be nice for GM to consider that something as simple as 2 small holes can cost their customers an extra $200.00 bucks when they want to change the back ass look. And in case you think that people want to leave their cars well enough alone, look at how many people on this site are going with the Heritage Grill, aftermarket hoods, wheels or custom paint/stripes.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
I actually really like the look of the Autobot symbol
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #24
coolman

Why are you guys so ashamed of the company that built your cars that you want to remove all evidence of them. JDK

I like it when the bowtie gets replaced with the SS badges ,but a cartoon
emblem. Sorry not feeling it dog. That's why they make powerwheels.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #25
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's it! I'm not getting a Camaro because there are holes behind the badge!

This is the least of my concerns. As others have said, fill them and get a different color for your Autobot badge.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #26
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I really don't think people are ashamed of the company but just want to add a little something different to make it their own, unlike anyone else's
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #27
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Sorry but i was talking about the nagative remarks about the camaro in general like it being called a failboat but im sure he was joking i hope, not cool being i paid $42,000 for a faiboat. and i do like modding and i like the autobot emblems i have posted before on where to get them cheap and they are nice aluminum emblems i bought there aluminum ss's. it sucks that the autobot emblem does not cover the holes maybe they can make a wider emblem i would call someone to fab one up. heres a link to where to get them cheap;http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...81#post1560181

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
It's not what u put on there it's just frustrating with the constraints of trying to cover the holes with the emblem. In no way was I mocking the Camaro, anyone that knows mr here will know my love for this car. What I was referring to is the process of getting an emblem to look horizontal on a car? There are definitely templates that can do This just as another member has said. It's frustrating that I must fill the holes and respray when GM could have saves millions not putting two holes there in the first place.

I will keep looking at what else can go there.

I think red looks good If u don't balck out the lights. If you do I think black would look super cool.