Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #57
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Kit updates all depend on time available with another Camaro to work it out. Usually I only get a car long enough for standard installation and customer is gone.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #58
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
This is dead on!!! I have the chiller and have run about 40 passes with it. I can't "prove" it helps my ET. What I can prove is the consistency. I won the 2012 Atlanta LSX Challenge 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient and won the 2012 Bristol Super Chevy 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient. Each race was a 30 mile cruise and 3 back to back hot passes. The chiller gives me great consistency. Both tracks, all 6 passes, my ET never varied more than .05 seconds. My opinion, if you want a faster car, build it. If you want consistency, and help protect your build, chill it!
You appear to be the perfect candidate to perform the comparison test. You have a setup and driving technique that you have shown to produce consistency. Now if you were to make a properly cooled off first run with the chiller off then a followed up pass with the chiller on, the resultant improvement would be hard to dispute.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
You appear to be the perfect candidate to perform the comparison test. You have a setup and driving technique that you have shown to produce consistency. Now if you were to make a properly cooled off first run with the chiller off then a followed up pass with the chiller on, the resultant improvement would be hard to dispute.
If someone wants to pay for the track time, I'm all in for testing and comparing. Their aren't any decent tracks in my area to use. I do plan on going to Bowling Green and Bristol later in the year, but they won't allow track test time during events. To test correctly need some private track time.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #60
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
If someone wants to pay for the track time, I'm all in for testing and comparing. Their aren't any decent tracks in my area to use. I do plan on going to Bowling Green and Bristol later in the year, but they won't allow track test time during events. To test correctly need some private track time.

Test it at the Camaro fest in Indy. That would be the ultimate test. They could shut the track down for 10 minutes and let you do your thing. Last year it was mid 90's so the testing conditions would be optimal.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #61
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Great idea, but I won't be attending the fest year....maybe another chiller user will step up.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #62
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Great idea, but I won't be attending the fest year....maybe another chiller user will step up.
If Ted would be interested I would do it....
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #63
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Whether or not Ted is interested, just do it.
Then he can say I told you so or it works and you can gloat. Then the rest of us on the fence can have real data to decide.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #64
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
Whether or not Ted is interested, just do it.
Then he can say I told you so or it works and you can gloat. Then the rest of us on the fence can have real data to decide.
My dads been wondering why I haven't done it for 2 years. Maybe Trek man can do the install in Indy? My car is busy for July. Stripes getting painted and updating the cage will suck up most of the month.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #65
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
My dads been wondering why I haven't done it for 2 years. Maybe Trek man can do the install in Indy? My car is busy for July. Stripes getting painted and updating the cage will suck up most of the month.
Ya get the Stripes they make every car look faster.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #66
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by forklord View Post
make an eforce kit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Ya get the Stripes they make every car look faster.
I have the vinyl. It's just time to step up my game.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #67
2SSCAMARO

Brilliant minds think alike I took my stripes off after four years and am in progress of changing the looks of mine too. BTW I really like your color choice
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #68
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
Brilliant minds think alike I took my stripes off after four years and am in progress of changing the looks of mine too. BTW I really like your color choice
I was going to get that hood but I like that my car looks stock. People at the track always ask if it will run "13's". I just say "hopefully".
Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #69
2SSCAMARO

Those people must of spent too much time at the Budweiser tent or it was their first time at a track. Never ask a gen5 Camaro driver sportin 16" or 17" bogart fat and skinneys with tape on the quarter panels if he can run 11's or 12's let alone 13's
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #70
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
That is one big picture!
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote