Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #57
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGG View Post
When does the High-Wing rear spoiler go on sale through GM? How much and what is the order code (for Imperial Blue?).....
Already out, but not available in IBM.

http://www.chevypartsplus.com/advanc...camaro+spoiler
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #58
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post
If this is a factory option why not include the movie hood, front fascia, and hmm concept mirrors? That would have been great. Make it look EXACTLY like the movie car.

What would really be cool is when you start the car (as the HUD warms up) instead of the Chevy logo, there would be a Autobot logo instead. I believe that would be sweet. Maybe I am going a little too far out there, but what about special floor mats too with Autobot logo and yellow stitching too? Make it really unique!
Because the concept mirrors provide as much functionality as a DVD rewinder.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #59
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
I like the yellow stitching.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #60
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
wish they made it in a vert and the real paint!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #61
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Not impressed, $3,000 option added to the regular Camaro body.

You want this to be a "special edition" car you better make sure it's worthy of the title, not just do add-ons. They didn't even put the proper Yellow paint from the T3 movie car. Another great opportunity, wasted.

VERY DISAPPOINTED, BUT NOT SURPRISED!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #62
flopjack

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post
If this is a factory option why not include the movie hood, front fascia, and hmm concept mirrors? That would have been great. Make it look EXACTLY like the movie car.

What would really be cool is when you start the car (as the HUD warms up) instead of the Chevy logo, there would be a Autobot logo instead. I believe that would be sweet. Maybe I am going a little too far out there, but what about special floor mats too with Autobot logo and yellow stitching too? Make it really unique!
Because it's the Z/28 hidden in plain sight and they can't give that appearance package to any 2LT or 2SS buyer willing to pay $3000. Its Z/28 exclusive.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #63
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
waste of money unless you are 17yr old transformer fan boi

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #64
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopjack View Post
Because it's the Z/28 hidden in plain sight and they can't give that appearance package to any 2LT or 2SS buyer willing to pay $3000. Its Z/28 exclusive.
I hope you're right. They've shown us parts of other cars that ended up seeing production. Look at the SEMA cars and things that have shown up.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #65
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ford at least offered Bullitt Mustangs in the correct green, no?

This could be the last movie in the Michael Bay's Transformers series, and it was arguably the last time for GM to get it right. Having been a Transformers fan since 1984, when Bumblebee was a Volkswagon and not even GoldBug, I was really hoping this package might hit the mark. Yes, I am a geek -- a geek with buying power. And I have decided this package did not go the distance for me.
oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Bullitt mustang.... It was a special edition green just for that release. Dodge also makes special edition colors for certain models in 1/2 year increments.... Remember the Dodge charger daytona colors? The challenger also has several rotating colors. And their total production #s are waaaay lower than the Camaro. I'm surprised that GM uses the excuse of "rotting" paint as the reason not to offer more colors. if it's a special edition only available for x months, then only buy enough paint to last you a few months, problem solved. If sales are high, buy more paint. If it's a limited production run, buy exactly enough paint to paint whatever # of cars you plan to build.

I sort of get the point with ABM. You can't have a super low volume color sitting around waiting for the rare orders of that color over a year or two, but if that color is available in planned intervals, anybody who wants that color will be forced to buy during that interval and they will know exactly when to buy as well. This method seems to work well for other manufacturers. If I worked for GM, I'd be getting a bonus for that bright idea.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #66
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Like I said the paint is an amazing colour - until someone dings your door and you have to get a body shop to try to match it!

Trust me - from my experience with this colour (or at least a very similar colour that takes multiple stages to coat correctly), it is not worth the hassle - it sends you crazy with worry everytime you park!
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #67
flopjack

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I hope you're right. They've shown us parts of other cars that ended up seeing production. Look at the SEMA cars and things that have shown up.
I hope I am too! Look at the resemblance of the ZL1 and the T2 Bumblebee. There's a precedence for this sort of thing.

And look at the resemblance of the T3 bumblebee and the Jay Leno Concept. I think they are clearly working on the another trim level - there's no other explanation of putting that much effort into one appearance package.

All I know is that the T3 Bumblebee is to me the most refined and track ready version yet. We will see what happens...
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #68
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
waste of money unless you are 17yr old transformer fan boi
this guy bought one back in 2009 and he's a little older than 17.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...426-hp-camaro/

as far as a waste of money, to each...
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #69
HIOFECR

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopjack View Post
I hope I am too! Look at the resemblance of the ZL1 and the T2 Bumblebee. There's a precedence for this sort of thing.

And look at the resemblance of the T3 bumblebee and the Jay Leno Concept. I think they are clearly working on the another trim level - there's no other explanation of putting that much effort into one appearance package.

All I know is that the T3 Bumblebee is to me the most refined and track ready version yet. We will see what happens...
Could be the front and rear fascia updates that are due out in 2014, but I could buy into the Z28 option too.

SQUEEZE THROTTLE. FEEL GROUND RUMBLE
HIOFECR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #70
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Only if it was the original paint. I would be intrested if I could get the original paint.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote