Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #2353
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Oh man I am so sorry to hear that. Keep your heads up and please don't get burnt out on it.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #2354
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
LAST SEMA Update for a while.

Well......... for those who were looking forward to see the car at SEMA but, couldn't attend, lets just say you're not going to miss much!

Unfortunately, due to one SINGLE individual, everything we have worked so hard for over the last two years, has blown up in our faces!

We are so disappointed and frustrated, it's hard to put into words. Maybe I will post details at a later time but right now, we are just burnt with this whole deal. What a let down. This guy doesn't realizes the implication of his actions or lack there of.

Signing out perhaps for a while. See you guys.
That really sucks man...I haven't said much on your threads, but I read through them looking at every picture and every update thinking "wow, I wish I had the time/energy/money/skill to do even SOME of this work"...the car is going to be incredible when it's done.

Wish I could help.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #2355
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:

Well......... for those who were looking forward to see the car at SEMA but, couldn't attend, lets just say you're not going to miss much!

Unfortunately, due to one SINGLE individual, everything we have worked so hard for over the last two years, has blown up in our faces!

We are so disappointed and frustrated, it's hard to put into words. Maybe I will post details at a later time but right now, we are just burnt with this whole deal. What a let down. This guy doesn't realizes the implication of his actions or lack there of.

Where one door closes, another opens. Use this opportunity to open new doors.

This car is much too cool to not make the show, even if it is just parked on the street outside as a blatant FU to the individual that hosed you. I bet some company would come along and invite you in.

Good luck with whatever happens, we are behind you brother.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #2356
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:

Thanks EZ, are you going to be able to make it to SEMA this year?

Nope, I spent all my "traveling" money on a 1/4 sleeve tattoo on my right bicep. I have the Mod bug so bad that I cant stop "modding" myself either..lol

Sorry things arent looking good for SEMA for yall

NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #2357
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Quote:

Nathan you have a whole gang of people on here that can help you. You never explained the reason for the delay other than it was one guy..is it parts, paint labor...let us know Im sure we can all assist someway
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #2358
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
What's the freight on her to Australia Chase?
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #2359
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 264HSV View Post
What's the freight on her to Australia Chase?
You have that catch can installed?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #2360
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You have that catch can installed?
Behave....still waiting for the rest of the shopping list to arrive. You will be the first to see it though.
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #2361
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
Oh man I am so sorry to hear that. Keep your heads up and please don't get burnt out on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
That really sucks man...I haven't said much on your threads, but I read through them looking at every picture and every update thinking "wow, I wish I had the time/energy/money/skill to do even SOME of this work"...the car is going to be incredible when it's done.

Wish I could help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Where one door closes, another opens. Use this opportunity to open new doors.

This car is much too cool to not make the show, even if it is just parked on the street outside as a blatant FU to the individual that hosed you. I bet some company would come along and invite you in.

Good luck with whatever happens, we are behind you brother.

T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Nope, I spent all my "traveling" money on a 1/4 sleeve tattoo on my right bicep. I have the Mod bug so bad that I cant stop "modding" myself either..lol

Sorry things arent looking good for SEMA for yall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
Nathan you have a whole gang of people on here that can help you. You never explained the reason for the delay other than it was one guy..is it parts, paint labor...let us know Im sure we can all assist someway
Thanks guys, we really appreciate all the support! We are dusting ourselves off and refocusing our efforts.

In the meantime, here's a little something I thought you guys would get a kick out of. We took some HP Sticky Shield from Heat Shield Products and used it on the bottom of the intake. The ideas is to reduce the heat being transferred to the intake.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  149.6 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  196.9 KB

Last edited by Moreno1; 10-28-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #2362
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Thanks guys, we really appreciate all the support! We are dusting our self off and refocusing our efforts.

In the meantime, here a little something I though you guys would get a kick from. Took some HP Sticky shield from Heatshieild Product and used it on the bottom of the intake. Ideas is to reduce the heat being transferred to the intake.

Attachment 569864

Attachment 569865
Im stealing this idea, for when i do my cam job next month. IS that 1/8" thick?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #2363
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Thanks guys, we really appreciate all the support! We are dusting ourselves off and refocusing our efforts.

In the meantime, here's a little something I thought you guys would get a kick out of. We took some HP Sticky Shield from Heat Shield Products and used it on the bottom of the intake. The ideas is to reduce the heat being transferred to the intake.

Attachment 569864

Attachment 569865
Nathan - you going to tell me who I need to give my money to so I can get one of these?

Edit: did you guys use the HP sticky shield, the lava shield, or the cobra cloth? To me it seems like the HP sticky shield might be a bit too thick...

edit: looks like the Lava Shield is the only one that is able to be directly applied to a heat source, so I'll be going with that

Last edited by The Stig; 10-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #2364
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I am very happy to see that you are still working on it. That is a great idea on that heat shield. I sent you a pm about that carbon fiber, when you get a chance can you PM me back? Thank you :-)
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #2365
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I'm glad to see you back!
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #2366
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Great to see you back Nathan! Keep on working and don't let the actions of one deter your most excellent build. I know it is disappointing to miss SEMA, but there is a bigger story you are creating.