Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
Lougill

Drives: '12 45th ss
JMS PedalMax

Just ordered this, will be installing on a l99 SS.....
Lougill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Cool Story Bro.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Just wait until he buys a CAI. Gonna be an epic thread!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:35 PM   #4
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
What is it?

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Link or pictures???
1LE Front sway bar with DSE Links, Splitter, 3.91 Gears and Axles, 14/15 Heat extractor, shocks and struts, Suede Flat bottom Steering wheel, short throw shifter with the Pegasus rear poly shifter mount, diffuser with dual mode mufflers, ZL1 Rockers, Belly Pan and pedals, Z/28 Intake, Headers, Cats,Toe Rods and UCA Bushings, 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, C7 Z06 Vented Piston Calipers with CTS-V Rotors, PAFDT Solid Cradle bushing, 32mm JPSS Rear Bar, and Skip Shift eliminator. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels.
olblue75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:49 AM   #6
TX_ED_SS
San Antonio Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Same as a Vitesse Throttle Controller but costs a $100 more. Reading the reviews it seems like the Mustang guys like it. There are a ton of threads on Mustang forums just like the Vitesse threads on Camaro5. Let us know how you like it.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
Lougill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Just wait until he buys a CAI. Gonna be an epic thread!
Did that already..
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Maybe its better than the vitesse that I had (before I went FI), had numerous cel, stabil- trak and reduced power lights pop up . Recalibrated numerous times , finally removed the vitesse and those issues never occurred again. Maybe they have improved the product, but there are more than a handful of people that removed due to the above listed problems. Pedalmax may cost more because its made in America, and may be higher quality. Waiting to see a number of Camaro driver reviews on this product
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #9
Lougill

So far the communication has been great, here is there explanation of the product,

"I am going to assume you are asking about the pedalmax for your car, and yes it will make your car more responsive, it eliminates the delay in the drive by wire. The knob is not necessary and most people do not get the knob(with the exception to diesel truck owners who like to be able to turn the unit down in the mud or snow so that they aren’t spinning out). The unit without the knob comes out of the box set to approx. 100 percent and the knob allows you to turn the unit down."
"Our unit is a digital microprocessor that is specifically programmed for each vehicle we build it for, along with plugs for your vehicle no cutting and splicing, plug it up, disconnect your battery for a reset and you’re ready to go."

I'll update when I install it, but super nice to deal with so far!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #10
Lougill

Well the camaro came out yesterday and I installed the Pedalmax this morning......it's official I am an old man, took it for a test drive and holy sh*t, way to aggressive, came back and put the 60% chip in and now its perfect! Also had the whole exhaust redone, muffler delete, resonator delete, afm flappers delete, magnaflows resonated X pipe installed......perfect sound! All that's left is installing a range afm, and it will be the car I wanted in the first place. Thank you for all who contribute to this form, really saved me time and money!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #11
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lougill View Post
Well the camaro came out yesterday and I installed the Pedalmax this morning......it's official I am an old man, took it for a test drive and holy sh*t, way to aggressive, came back and put the 60% chip in and now its perfect! Also had the whole exhaust redone, muffler delete, resonator delete, afm flappers delete, magnaflows resonated X pipe installed......perfect sound! All that's left is installing a range afm, and it will be the car I wanted in the first place. Thank you for all who contribute to this form, really saved me time and money!!!
Who makes that chip Lays or Wise?
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #12
Lougill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Who makes that chip Lays or Wise?
Thanks for the well thought out comment, it brings great value to everyone reading this thread......
Old 04-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #13
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Lougill, Welcome to the forum and thanks for introducing a new product. Since your new here, over time you'll find some to have a somewhat comical response. No harm, just a little poking. I don't remember seeing that brand of CAI.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2016, 03:35 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lougill View Post
Why didn't you just get a professional tune? It does all the same things and would probably cost less.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote