Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Does your Camaro have a story?

So I just watched this video:
and I was wondering what the story of your car is. Like if its ever saved your life or led you to an experience that you never would've felt otherwise or changed your life in some way. The main message of the video I linked is that a car can be so fast but without a story, is it really worth anything? It resonated with me and so far, my car doesn't really have a story. I didn't work hard to save up for it anything but the only thing I can think of is when I've gotten into a crash and I wasn't hurt at all and the airbags never went off even though they should've at the speed I was going (around 40 I believe) and you can look at that as a bad thing but air bags are costly to replace and I wasn't even hurt anyway so it doesn't matter and to me, it was like the car knew I was gonna be okay even though it was really scary and my first (and only) crash. Anyway this might be a weird topic but I was just wondering. Anyway, cheers guys.

Dan
Old 02-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
marsmann

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Vert M6
couldn't agree more.

it is the driving experience that matters the most. cars make us happy for many reasons. this is why I never understood the v6 vs v8 debates or any other debates. At the end of the day, we buy what appeals to us, how they make us feel and what we want out of them (looks, mpg, performance, etc.)

I have been driving for over 35 years and in that time have owned and driven more cars than people can count. Ironically, the ones I remember the most were the clunky or silly cars that had personality, character, or just a blast to drive. I admit I don't like modern cars much these days, with few exceptions, because they lack most of that. I like cars that I can hear, feel and be in tune with the most. New cars are so insulated and lose that car/driver connection. At least for me since my earlier experiences are cars from the 60s to 80s.
marsmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, stories, story