Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #2591
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Is that why the Camaro is endangered of being discontinued again while the Mustang and Challenger sales are still strong?

What evidence (as opposed to opinion) do you have that this may be the case?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #2592
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
lol too bad the A10 didn't do shit for the Camaro. Its running the same numbers it did back in 2015 lmfao
Camaro just keeps doing what it’s been doing. In it’s fourth year of production btw.

Team Mustang had to work hard to catch up yet Ford still managed to build the fail into each model. Blown engines, overheating, legendary MT-82, broken axles, “disconnected” suspension, etc. Good thing it has a strong aftermarket.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #2593
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Camaro just keeps doing what it’s been doing. In it’s fourth year of production btw.

Team Mustang had to work hard to catch up yet Ford still managed to build the fail into each model. Blown engines, overheating, legendary MT-82, broken axles, “disconnected” suspension, etc. Good thing it has a strong aftermarket.
"Built Ford Proud!!"
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #2594
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
lol too bad the A10 didn't do shit for the Camaro. Its running the same numbers it did back in 2015 lmfao
Yea, 2015 was the 5th Gen bro. I mean, if you're gonna troll, then at least know WTF you're talking about. Get lost little boy.

SMH, these idiots that find their way over here...

Too bad the 19 SS is just as fast as that POS failure called the "GT350R" LMAO. $20K more expensive, 71 more HP, and it STILL can't beat the SS. How do you explain that?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #2595
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
What evidence (as opposed to opinion) do you have that this may be the case?
He doesn't even know what he's talking about. He's here to troll. He needs to take his ass back to wherever he came from and hope I don't see him in his 18 GT at a light around where I live in NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

These are the reasons why I refuse to ever buy any Mustang unless it is a GT500 or a completely built up GT like the Jackhammer. And even then it'll be with caution. You can't trust a damn Ford. And I've had plenty of them. Recently I tried talking myself into it again. But I asked myself if I really wanna deal with headaches and all the bullshit that comes with a Mustang. Even with the aftermarket. Last time I was on M6G, back when I was gonna boost my 15 GT that I got rid of, their forum was riddled with people having issues with blowers after installation. All kinds of shit going on including mechanical failures. But to hear it from these bozos over here, "oh these engines live at 800 RWHP without breaking a sweat". Sure, they won't break a sweat, they'll just break everything else. Seriously, go over there and tell me how many problem threads there are in the first page alone. LOL!!

And trust me, the rest of their aftermarket has issues as well. Axles rated at 800, 1000, 1200 RWHP snapping under NA HP levels (happened to a buddy of mine), coolers blowing, transmissions blowing, you have to wait bamn near a month to get a custom tune and even then you have surging and driveability issues, and the list goes on. The reliability of their aftermarket is only marginally better than the stock parts.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #2596
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He needs to take his ass back to wherever he came from and hope I don't see him in his 18 GT at a light around where I live in NJ.
What would happen at the light?
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #2597
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Quote:
Yea, 2015 was the 5th Gen bro. I mean, if you're gonna troll, then at least know WTF you're talking about. Get lost little boy.
6th gen came out in 2015 as a 2016 MY

And yeah I'm just here for the entertainment and to get a reaction. I like both cars and actually considered a Camaro and test drove one. It drove great but I just preferred the Mustang.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #2598
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post

Yeah a quick stop light pull from a dig ~1/8 mile will be a lot closer than he thinks lol
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #2599
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
6th gen came out in 2015 as a 2016 MY

And yeah I'm just here for the entertainment and to get a reaction. I like both cars and actually considered a Camaro and test drove one. It drove great but I just preferred the Mustang.
Then what you said was deliberately misleading which is typical of you Mustang guys. It was the exact same amount of time as the Mustang. 15,16,17 for the GT...16,17,18 for the SS. 3MYs that they both went unchanged. And you're completely incorrect because the A10 SS just closed the gap which was already a driver's race to now being not even worth mentioning. And all it needed was the A10 trans. The POS GT needed the trans, a completely redesigned engine, drag mode, and different tires. And even then it took multiple runs before they were getting a good time out of it and that was in ideal conditions. So if you're gonna troll, then at least do it the right way. The GT even now is still a failure. It's just a faster failure with 4 extra gears and a heftier price tag than it was before. Congrats on buying one.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #2600
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
You tell me...
Quote:
Yeah a quick stop light pull from a dig ~1/8 mile will be a lot closer than he thinks lol
Yea sure pal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
My procharged 2015 was great ! Did have the procharger tune problems and had to get a local custom tune to get it to run right.. I ran stock axles , stock drive shaft , stock oil pump gears and never had a problem .. 9.90s car on E85 with the stage one HO procharger kit ..Stock exhaust with the cats removed.. My car is still on the fast list over at Mustang 6g .. Three years I raced the car at the track and never had a single problem ..Three years is a long time for me to own a car so I moved on to my 2018 SS ..Always wanted another Camaro so I got one .. I'll most likely Procharge it this winter or spring .. I feel that the SS is just a bit better everywhere than the GT but they are close .. Like it or not the Mustang is a great car and they do love boost ...With the Camaro I will be limited to 7 to 8 psi boost and that is ok , I don't need to run 9s to have fun .. I'm shooting for high 10s with the Camaro and I hope it holds up as well as the Mustang did for me ..
Then you're one of the lucky ones...extremely lucky. I know plenty of people who busted OPGs and snapped axles with just bolt-ons. Which is the problem. Because you're either gonna be in the minority of modders who have no problems or the majority who have many multiple issues. The variance is too high and wide with GTs. I chose not to take a chance after seeing all the issues with the S550s and got rid of mine. I had a set of LTs on my living room floor that I was gonna have installed. They were brand new and sat there for almost a month as I waited for a tune. I finally said "eff this" and traded the GT in and sold the LTs for $200 less than I bought them for just to get rid of them and wipe myself clean from all Mustang stuff.

From what I've seen most of the Camaro guys have been using PD blowers and I think that is the wrong approach. I'm glad to see you're gonna try a Procharger as I think they will blow the PDs away once tuned properly. I would love to see your numbers once all is said and done. If I do any significant upgrades then it will be a Procharger as well. The Z06 guys have been getting over 800 HP to the wheels with Prochargers for a while now. That is much better than they're getting with Whipple and other PD blowers.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #2601
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
You tell me...

Don't know? Thats why I asked. Are you a real good racer from a dig?
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #2602
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
When I'm at the track, depending on the car and what is done to it, I set a goal for myself. And the only cars that ever let me down at the track was my 03 GT and my 15 GT. So yes. From a dig I can do fairly well when I want to. I don't like to beat on my cars so it isn't often that I go and when I do I don't care to wring out the best time I can get. But I've done pretty well in the past.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #2603
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Yes he ran 11:80s in his 650 hp ZL1 without even trying.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #2604
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
My procharged 2015 was great ! Did have the procharger tune problems and had to get a local custom tune to get it to run right.. I ran stock axles , stock drive shaft , stock oil pump gears and never had a problem .. 9.90s car on E85 with the stage one HO procharger kit ..Stock exhaust with the cats removed.. My car is still on the fast list over at Mustang 6g .. Three years I raced the car at the track and never had a single problem ..Three years is a long time for me to own a car so I moved on to my 2018 SS ..Always wanted another Camaro so I got one .. I'll most likely Procharge it this winter or spring .. I feel that the SS is just a bit better everywhere than the GT but they are close .. Like it or not the Mustang is a great car and they do love boost ...With the Camaro I will be limited to 7 to 8 psi boost and that is ok , I don't need to run 9s to have fun .. I'm shooting for high 10s with the Camaro and I hope it holds up as well as the Mustang did for me ..
Great times out of your GT. Just like any car double the manufacturer's rated hp and you may run into trouble with the drivetrain, no big surprise. My cammed 5th Gen SS snapped 2 axles and wasted a clutch, the new aftermarket clutch was a POS so I finally said enough and dumped it. It's the risk you take.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote