Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #2605
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes he ran 11:80s in his 650 hp ZL1 without even trying.
You are absolutely correct. My goal was an 11.9 and I got an 11.8 with no effort at all. No launching. No lowering the tire pressure. No launch mode. Just off idle. My fastest MPH was 122. Just shows that with a ZL1 you don't have to beat it into the ground, do mods, add a drag pack, or any other Mustang bullshit to get 11s and over 120 trap. LOL!! And I'll go back to the track for an 11.6 one of these days.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #2606
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Great times out of your GT. Just like any car double the manufacturer's rated hp and you may run into trouble with the drivetrain, no big surprise. My cammed 5th Gen SS snapped 2 axles and wasted a clutch, the new aftermarket clutch was a POS so I finally said enough and dumped it. It's the risk you take.
Wow. Look what it took to snap an axle and waste a clutch on a 5th Gen SS. Meanwhile stock 6th Gen GTs and GTs with minor bolt-ons are snapping axles, driveshafts, OPGs, and blowing transmissions left and right, lol!! You actually took a step back but hey, whatever works for you.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #2607
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Sorry bro, 122 ****ing SUCKS for 650hp.

Serious question. Why are Chevy's trap MPH always so slow for the horsepower? 5th gen ZL1, 6th gen ZL1, C7 Z06, C7 ZR1, they all trap slower than they should given their power.

A new M5 weighs 4400lbs, has 600hp and traps 128-130. A ZL1 weighs 3900lbs, has 650hp and traps 122-124.

WTF?
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #2608
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Failed to mention but...am I seeing this correctly? The M6 SS is just as fast as the $65K Shelby GT350R??? LOL!! WTF?! I find that to be hilarious. AT this point who even cares if the A10 GT is 1 tenth faster than the A10 SS? The fact that the SS is on par with the GT350R says a lot. Without the A10 (which was co-developed with GM BTW) it seems that the Mustangs can't do shit even with more HP. So even when they're 1 tenth faster the Mustang is STILL losing!! Look at that horrible-ass M6 time...12.6?? Gotta hand it to GM! They're just killing it this Gen. That GT500 needs to come out soon and it needs to obliterate everything for Ford to maintain whatever remaining dignity they have.
Yes. That's it. Let the Butthurt flow through you.
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. My goal was an 11.9 and I got an 11.8 with no effort at all. No launching. No lowering the tire pressure. No launch mode. Just off idle. My fastest MPH was 122. Just shows that with a ZL1 you don't have to beat it into the ground, do mods, add a drag pack, or any other Mustang bullshit to get 11s and over 120 trap. LOL!! And I'll go back to the track for an 11.6 one of these days.
When you set the bar low enough, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #2609
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
lol too bad the A10 didn't do shit for the Camaro. Its running the same numbers it did back in 2015 lmfao
Well it's early to say what the A10 did for the Camaro but considering it was basically touted as the savior of the S550 and the A8 is claimed to be an anchor being dragged behind the SS preliminary results look to be less than anticipated.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #2610
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Sure is alot of A10 5.0 hurt and hate in here omg. I am more of a GM guy but know the A10 5.0 is a hell of a car and although is not comparable to a Zl1 is none the less an amazing car and like it or not is the better performer than the ss (in a straight line) maybe not by much but non the less is. I'm glad to be a true enthusiasts and I don't have or get brand loyalty and or brand bashing.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #2611
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Sorry bro, 122 ****ing SUCKS for 650hp.

Serious question. Why are Chevy's trap MPH always so slow for the horsepower? 5th gen ZL1, 6th gen ZL1, C7 Z06, C7 ZR1, they all trap slower than they should given their power.

A new M5 weighs 4400lbs, has 600hp and traps 128-130. A ZL1 weighs 3900lbs, has 650hp and traps 122-124.

WTF?
The new M5 is AWD and costs over $120K and offers a twin turbo V8. The ZL1 is half the price, RWD, and has a supercharged V8. You can't afford either one and both of them are much faster than anything you own so it shouldn't matter why the M5 is faster. But anyway, it isn't always about numbers alone. I don't expect you to realize that because you don't seem to know much as it is. But anyway, the M5 SHOULD by all means be faster than the ZL1. The fact that it is doesn't take anything away from the ZL1. It's an M5 after all. It's all about how that power is made and how it gets to the ground. Also the BMW would probably have a better suspension and is more aerodynamic than the ZL1. German and other import cars are very serious performers and offer nearly unbeatable performance. So I mean, if you wanna diss the ZL1 bro, it losing to the M5 is not anything to be ashamed of. The fact that I had to explain this to you shows how little you know.

And if that surprises you, you'd really lose your mind if you saw what a GTR could do...and how bad a modded WRX or Evo would smoke your GT.

So let me ask you in return...why is the SS the same speed as the GT350R which costs $20K more and has 71 more HP? You keep avoiding the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Yes. That's it. Let the Butthurt flow through you.

When you set the bar low enough, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.
4 tenths of a second behind a pro driver's time without even trying. I'd say I'm doing pretty good there skippy.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #2612
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:

So let me ask you in return...why is the SS the same speed as the GT350R which costs $20K more and has 71 more HP? You keep avoiding the question.
I'll bite although I suspect you may know the answer you play dumb often enough that you may very well be so lemme splain you.

The GT350 comes with a FP crank which by design produces its power higher in the powerband than a CP crank. It also is geared mechanically and philisophically if you will, for the road course because thats where it is designed to perform at its best, therefore it is a difficult car to extract great 1/4 mile times from.

It costs $20k more than the SS1LE because it can.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #2613
ihc95

Quote:
The new M5 is AWD and costs over $120K and offers a twin turbo V8. The ZL1 is half the price, RWD, and has a supercharged V8. You can't afford either one and both of them are much faster than anything you own so it shouldn't matter why the M5 is faster. But anyway, it isn't always about numbers alone. I don't expect you to realize that because you don't seem to know much as it is. But anyway, the M5 SHOULD by all means be faster than the ZL1. The fact that it is doesn't take anything away from the ZL1. It's an M5 after all. It's all about how that power is made and how it gets to the ground. Also the BMW would probably have a better suspension and is more aerodynamic than the ZL1. German and other import cars are very serious performers and offer nearly unbeatable performance. So I mean, if you wanna diss the ZL1 bro, it losing to the M5 is not anything to be ashamed of. The fact that I had to explain this to you shows how little you know.

And if that surprises you, you'd really lose your mind if you saw what a GTR could do...and how bad a modded WRX or Evo would smoke your GT.

I'm an engineer, I'm 23, and I bought my car in cash. $48k. I'm most definitely doing better than you at this age. So relax buddy. You probably financed your cars for 84 months LOL.

I don't give a shit about the 350R. I don't have one. Don't want one. And they're slow because of their gearing and power band. Everyone knows an 18+ GT and SS are faster.

Answer this question, why are all supercharged GM cars running like they have 100 less horsepower than advertised?

So congrats on spending $65k on a car that traps 2 mph faster than a $40k mustang LFMAO
Old 11-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #2614
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm an engineer, I'm 23, and I bought my car in cash. $48k. I'm most definitely doing better than you at this age. So relax buddy. You probably financed your cars for 84 months LOL.
LOL, $48K for a GT??!! I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you paid that much for a GT or the fact that you're doing soo well yet can only afford a $48K car. You're a joke.
Quote:
I don't give a shit about the 350R. I don't have one. Don't want one.
Sure you don't want one. You just settled for a GT. LOL!! You can't afford one. If you're doing as well as you claim then there is no reason to buy a POS GT over the Shelby.
Quote:
And they're slow because of their gearing and power band. Everyone knows an 18+ GT and SS are faster.
And that is pathetic. It costs well over $60K, is more expensive than the ZL1, yet it can't beat the ZL1 at anything, couldn't beat the SS 1LE's time in the H2H, and now it can't even beat the SS with M6 trans in a straight line. But I'd still take one over a damn GT.
Quote:
Answer this question, why are all supercharged GM cars running like they have 100 less horsepower than advertised?

So congrats on spending $65k on a car that traps 2 mph faster than a $40k mustang LFMAO
The ZL1 is the faster in the quarter mile and on a track than any street legal, street able, Mustang that has ever been produced. Your GT is nowhere even close to a ZL1. Bone stock show me one street legal stock Mustang that has gone 11.4 in a test. It doesn't exist. Why is that? Didn't the 13-14 GT500 have more HP and weighed less? So why is it slower? And there are plenty of ZL1s that have gone high 10s bone stock.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #2615
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

I don't give a shit about the 350R. I don't have one. Don't want one. And they're slow because of their gearing and power band. Everyone knows an 18+ GT and SS are faster.

On the fast end they have trapped 129 stock. Also last I checked bmw was not sae certified under the same standard. They typically put down a lot more than advertised depending on model

Part of the problem is the massive amount of torque management from the factory. It’s worse in the zl1 than the SS and even worse in the manuals. In fact to this day very few people have tuned out the launch bog on any manual 6th gen.

In my SS i ran .2 and 2 mph better same track same day in an already tuned car by just turning TM off and on no other changes to shift points or firmness etc

From what I’ve seen the a10 gt has a pretty aggressive stock trans tune especially the drag mode cars. Looks like GM neutered the a10 just like the a8.

Guess I’m doing fine with my a8 running 10.6 without even full bolt ons. Don’t really care much about stock times. The lt4 in the zl1 has massive potential and has been shown to hold over 1500 hp SBE and still going last I checked. The a8 and a10 are both great too just lacking a bit with stock tune
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #2616
ihc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
On the fast end they have trapped 129 stock. Also last I checked bmw was not sae certified under the same standard. They typically put down a lot more than advertised depending on model

Part of the problem is the massive amount of torque management from the factory. It’s worse in the zl1 than the SS and even worse in the manuals. In fact to this day very few people have tuned out the launch bog on any manual 6th gen.

In my SS i ran .2 and 2 mph better same track same day in an already tuned car by just turning TM off and on no other changes to shift points or firmness etc

From what I’ve seen the a10 gt has a pretty aggressive stock trans tune especially the drag mode cars. Looks like GM neutered the a10 just like the a8.

Guess I’m doing fine with my a8 running 10.6 without even full bolt ons. Don’t really care much about stock times. The lt4 in the zl1 has massive potential and has been shown to hold over 1500 hp SBE and still going last I checked. The a8 and a10 are both great too just lacking a bit with stock tune
Thank you for a reasonable response. Seems like GM went for more refinement/safety with the A10 than Ford did. Not a bad thing imo.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #2617
ihc95

Quote:
LOL, $48K for a GT??!! I don't know what's funnier, the fact that you paid that much for a GT or the fact that you're doing soo well yet can only afford a $48K car. You're a joke.

Haha I just wanted all the toys like the digital dash and active exhaust. I doubt you were buying a $48k car in cash at 23. If I took out the type of loan you did, I could've gotten a 911 Turbo
Old 11-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #2618
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

Sure you don't want one. You just settled for a GT. LOL!! You can't afford one. If you're doing as well as you claim then there is no reason to buy a POS GT over the Shelby.

And that is pathetic. It costs well over $60K, is more expensive than the ZL1, yet it can't beat the ZL1 at anything, couldn't beat the SS 1LE's time in the H2H, and now it can't even beat the SS with M6 trans in a straight line. But I'd still take one over a damn GT.

The ZL1 is the faster in the quarter mile and on a track than any street legal, street able, Mustang that has ever been produced. Your GT is nowhere even close to a ZL1. Bone stock show me one street legal stock Mustang that has gone 11.4 in a test. It doesn't exist. Why is that? Didn't the 13-14 GT500 have more HP and weighed less? So why is it slower? And there are plenty of ZL1s that have gone high 10s bone stock.
And we know all of these 10s are from none stock ZL1s how, because their owners say they are? What is the fastest reviewed pass for a ZL1? 11:40s? At least the Hellcat has reviewed passes in the 11:00s.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote