Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #43
sad54189
U.S. Navy Veteran

Drives: SS/RS Cyber Grey W/ Black Stripes
Thank god I am in Texas where you have the right to defend your property. If I ever catch anyone trying that with my car they have my mini me (Glock) to wory about!

U.S. Navy Veteran
sad54189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #44
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post

In case you haven't been paying attention, in today's world everyone deserves everything, regardless of if you work for it or not.
On the 'street' [I've dated myself using that term] it was called "gettin' paid". Think about it. That mentality still exists in one form or the other. Them be some 'mean streets'.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
If you are going to live in NY, you have to expect it.
Or any of the other 49 states in the union but I`m sure people are raised and taught differently in Phoenix.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #46
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
Since I got my camaro I noticed people have alot of hate when they see you in something they want. 2 days ago some crazy lady flew up on my ass coming out of a parking lot and driving crazy behind me! Last week when I pulled out on to the main road of my street, some IDIOT in a minivan floors his gas and gets right up behind me and rides my ass! Then some jerk in a cab cuts me off to the point I had to slam my brake so he didnt side swipe me! Not fun, thats what happens when people are hurting for jobs and money and they cant stand to see someone have something great! I feel for you man, that really sucks and makes me worry every time I park my car!
I have had the same happen on the road, when I park its always out of the way around the side of a building. Seems if you park in front they view you as a show off and start hating.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #47
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
It`s not just Camaro`s, Google "I got my car keyed today", it`s a problem with other forum members with different makes have had happen to them.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #48
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Leave NY
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #49
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
In case you haven't been paying attention, in today's world everyone deserves everything, regardless of if you work for it or not. If you have something nice that someone else doesn't have, it's because you screwed them somehow, so you deserve it.

Remember this?

So True. I agree.
Dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #50
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
That is so wrong sorry to hear about that.. I have had my car over a year now and I am still waiting for the day I get a dam door ding or worse... When it does happen I will cry I just know it ....
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #51
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I'm lifelong in the ny area (NYC, NJ, LI) and I can say that it's definitely rougher on cars here. I've been keyed too for no reason (luckily it was the wife's explorer and so that panel that is keyed actually has less damage than she did to the rest of the car). nothing you can really do. if you cover the car with a car cover outdoors in ny it's like a sign saying: "valuable car under here". i know your frustration- it sucks. i got the wife's car resprayed eventually because I couldn't look at it anymore.
you could wait outside and watch the car if you think it's all someone who has it in for you or your car. I think i'd probably start waiting out there at night. not saying it's a good plan because if i saw someone doing something i'd probably do something stupid but I probably would anyway.
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #52
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The damage is like a punch in the face everytime I walk to the car. So, now I'm considering my options.

I took it to a guy who I know has worked on Camaro's and fancy cars and such. He told me to fix all the damage (door panel and roof panel) back to factory condition it would run me about $750. For a "touch up" of both it would be something like $200 and change.

I think I will go with the touch up, because I can't guarentee it won't happen again.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #53
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
sometimes I just say to myself that I know it's going to happen and just try to look past it rather than spending money on it, especially if it might happen again. maybe wait a little while before you repair it in case more stuff, even accidental happens.
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #54
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
That's f*cked. How can we catch people who do this crap. There are some crimes that should have extreme punishments like this. Mandatory year in jail. Then it would stop. I don't know what made me deserve to have my Camaro's windshield smashed by one of these dick bags but I hope karma has gotten to him by now and he was hit by a bus or something. Yep... harsh. I don't care.
G10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #55
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
sometimes I just say to myself that I know it's going to happen and just try to look past it rather than spending money on it, especially if it might happen again. maybe wait a little while before you repair it in case more stuff, even accidental happens.
I'd wait also....unless it's a total eyesore.

Do the touch-up....those clowns might return to do it again.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #56
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The only thing I can imagine would be to set up a surveillance camera.