Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Exclamation CAMARO SS price

Through the past moth i have contacted several dealers most of which have not had a clue about any info reguarding the soon coming Camaro...

However two have just contacted me (10-8-08 and 10-9-08) with some new info.

1) The sales person whom I just spoke gave me a quote for the SS...

$38-$40K :( for a fully loaded SS per the GM manager that comes to the store... guessing poss. a regional?

2) Any one in Ohio i have two dealers who promissed no more than MSRP and are ready to take orders.

3) He said there is talk of a bumble bee production car in limited number but does not have the details @ this time..

4) The some what confusing ordering of packages may be easier than thought.... i want a SS with leather seats and center consule guages but not all the options from the 2SS. He said that what he has seen from other models there should be a model or way to mix/ match so you wont need to get a 2SS for those options... poss dealer/GM option @ the same price?

Hope this helps in some way?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
AZZ28

Drives: '05 Thunderbird
I'm going to hit the dealer closest to me this weekend to see what I can find out.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Just in..

for ppl in ohio one dealer just contacted me...

time doors open monday they will take orders

right now I am number one on thier list... however i do not think i will be ordering form that dealer so if you need a spot contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ28 View Post
I'm going to hit the dealer closest to me this weekend to see what I can find out.
i suggest emailing the ones in your area... i have found this to get the best response
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
they have not announced price yet, they say that the car will cost so much so they can charge you that when it comes out.....so dont believe that.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Tal

Drives: Old
It would be irresponsible of a dealer to do anything but guess high until pricing is out, and of course some dealers are planning extra markups for the initial buyers.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I don't understand why people think it will be priced that high. It would be CRAZY for GM to price it high and they would never meet their targets. If they want to compete with the Mustang, and they do, then it will have to be within about $1000 of the Mustang price, putting it in the low to mid $30k's for a 2SS/RS.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm going to go over this again. Camaro5 has a unique membership that eagerly seeks out facts and rejects bad or false data. We have GM insiders like fbodfather and JohnnyCamaro to help us do just that. Repeatedly, fbodfather has pointed out that the Camaro will be priced just above the Mustang. Does $38k sound like Mustang GT pricing to you? No one on this forum should be listening to their dealer about price. No dealer in the world knows what the Camaro will cost yet.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
I don't understand why people think it will be priced that high. It would be CRAZY for GM to price it high and they would never meet their targets. If they want to compete with the Mustang, and they do, then it will have to be within about $1000 of the Mustang price, putting it in the low to mid $30k's for a 2SS/RS.
indeed it would be crazy but... they said they arent considering Mustang competion anymore.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm going to go over this again. Camaro5 has a unique membership that eagerly seeks out facts and rejects bad or false data. We have GM insiders like fbodfather and JohnnyCamaro to help us do just that. Repeatedly, fbodfather has pointed out that the Camaro will be priced just above the Mustang. Does $38k sound like Mustang GT pricing to you? No one on this forum should be listening to their dealer about price. No dealer in the world knows what the Camaro will cost yet.
i hope soo cuz i thnk 38K is a lil high..

they should just give me one for free
Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Here's why I'm worried: From the Ford website (Canadian) the GT's start at $33K with special packages (Bullitt package) starting at $38K. From the Dodge website (again Canadian) the Challenger SRT8 starts at $45K. These would be competitors for the SS. So even if GM prices a little below, a 2SS with any extras (striping, RS, etc) could easily mean the $40k range. I hope I'm wrong about this comparison or when the official pricing is released.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpowersIII View Post
Here's why I'm worried: From the Ford website (Canadian) the GT's start at $33K with special packages (Bullitt package) starting at $38K. From the Dodge website (again Canadian) the Challenger SRT8 starts at $45K. These would be competitors for the SS. So even if GM prices a little below, a 2SS with any extras (striping, RS, etc) could easily mean the $40k range. I hope I'm wrong about this comparison or when the official pricing is released.
to my knowledge they are comparing the camaro to the R/T challenger and mustang GT. granted it will greatly out perform them i think thats the 'competitive price range' that they're in
Old 10-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #12
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Well I for one can tell you this.... If it's priced anywhere near $40K, then I'm out.

I may be out anyway and just hang on to my money with the way the economy is going.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I completely understand your worries, but you've got it all wrong. The Camaro will be priced with the Mustang GT. If that is overpriced in Canada, the Camaro will be overpriced in Canada. That we cannot fix. In either case, the Camaro will be competitively priced with performance that will shame the Ford Mustang. In US dollars, the Camaro 1SS will be under $30k.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #14
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
My dealer quoted me $29,000 base price for the SS.. SO I think you're on the high side.. $36,000 is probably a fully loaded SS and $38,000 with taxes tag etc on a fully loaded SS/RS..

Closed Thread