Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
a horrible wreck story

I didn't really want to post this on here but I just needed a place to rant about the stupid ass drivers on the road these days.

So a couple nights ago my aunt and uncle were driving on the 57 freeway on their way to a wedding. And for some reason ther ewas a car behind them swerving at my uncles car actually TRYING to hit em. So my aunt notices and tells my uncle. So my uncle is driving trying to figure out what the driver whose swerving is trying to do. The car starts closing in so my uncle tries to change lanes. Another car int he car pool lane is trying to change lanes. And he thinks he has enough room to do it without hitting my uncles car so he changes lanes. He hits the driver side of my uncles rear bumper and my uncles car had jsut gotten new tires and I guess the tires had sucky grip cuz it caused my uncles car to drift.

My uncles car is at an angle and he can't control it. The car than crashes into two other cars does 360 donuts on the freeway and crashes into the wall by the car pool lane. And they were still fine. Now heres the part that pisses me off. A huge ass 18-wheeler that has no business being in the car pool lane comes out of nowhere adn hits my uncles car head on. And before you guys ask my uncle is ok butmy aunt is in the ICU in the hospital.

Now that you guys knowthe story Im just gonna rant here:

What kind of idiot truck driver goes into the car pool lane?! I mean ok I guess thats not os bad but I just need to know if the guy was blind. I mean if I saw a car doing donuts on the freeway and crash into a wall in front of me I would hit the brakes.... and Im pretty sure the truck driver saw a car in front of him so it just pisses me off that he didn't even try to stop. oh I also forgot to mention that the truck driver who my uncles car drove off and didn't stop to help. The car that swerved and was trying to hit my uncles car drove off. and the car that hit my uncles car in the back which caused the whole thing also drove off. So it was a double hit and run. Ok sorry I just needed a place to vent and rant cuz it was really annoying me. Thanks for reading guys
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
i am sry to hear that hope everything goes good and your aunt gets better.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
sorry to hear that. Hope your aunt is ok. Bunch of idiots out there in this world with no respect for other people or their property.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I'll be hoping for the best for your aunt.
But seriously, there are no words for what any of those people did to your aunt and uncle. This is why people should be evaluated for their licenses every couple of years, but even then, that probably wouldn't help much.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
1CAMSS

Drives: 2010 1SS CAMARO/GBA/M6- sold.
sorry to hear about happened and everything but there are a bunch of very dumb people who drive. their IQ is below average. thats why its good to take defensive driving class. but i am sure many people take that class because they have too and not because they want to and they don't learn much. and also a lot people and i mean a lot- do not care at all!!! there are just some sorry no good people which is more than i can handle sometimes. i just get away from them if i can and not drive with other cars if i can help it. heavy traffic almost unavoidable. but at least everyone is going slow.

1SS @ home. 12/14/2009
1CAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Wow idiot drivers and sorry about your aunt hope she gets better soon. I am 90% positive 18 wheeler are legally only allowed on the two left lanes
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
thanks for ur support guys and this is just an update my aunts being moved out of the ICU into a regular room today and they found the idiot truck driver who hit em and we're in the process of making him pay all the fees.
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPM1678 View Post
thanks for ur support guys and this is just an update my aunts being moved out of the ICU into a regular room today and they found the idiot truck driver who hit em and we're in the process of making him pay all the fees.
Great news!
That's karmic justice in the works right there.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Wow idiot drivers and sorry about your aunt hope she gets better soon. I am 90% positive 18 wheeler are legally only allowed on the two left lanes
I think you meant to say two right lanes. That is true, not sure if they can go into the HOV lane. They are limited to 55 so they would be slowing everyone down. It sounds like traffic was moving at a good pace so I'm wondering why he had to use the HOV lane. Praying for the aunt.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
acuraelin

Drives: 2011 1SS
this world would be a better place if everyone's just a bit more considerate! Wishing your aunt speedy recovery
acuraelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #11
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
I think you meant to say two right lanes. That is true, not sure if they can go into the HOV lane. They are limited to 55 so they would be slowing everyone down. It sounds like traffic was moving at a good pace so I'm wondering why he had to use the HOV lane. Praying for the aunt.
Trucks are only allowed in the two outside lanes (right lanes) unless preparing to enter an interchange that requires them to be in another lane on the freeway. Under no circumstances are they (or any vehicle towing a trailer) allowed in the carpool lane. If this guy was actually traveling in the carpool lane he is in serious trouble for his part in this wreck, especially after driving off. Im just wondering if he did that in an effort to avoid the accident as trucks cant stop very quickly maybe he was swerving. He should have never left the scene though.

To the OP, im sorry to hear about this but glad that your aunt and uncle are going to be ok. Watch out while driving out there, i've had plenty of close calls, some way too close for comfort. Always have to anticipate someone doing something stupid, even if you think its impossible!

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Stupid people...

Sorry to hear and pray she heals quickly...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Holy shit man, sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to your aunt.