Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Need HPTuners phone contact info!

We're trying to finish up my twin turbo install and for some reason HPtuners software isn't talking to my car properly. the installers have been trying to email back and forth with them but they take like 3 hours in between emails to reply. Does anybody have a phone number I can call them at? I can't find one listed on their website and it would be WAY quicker to just call them.
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCzap View Post
We're trying to finish up my twin turbo install and for some reason HPtuners software isn't talking to my car properly. the installers have been trying to email back and forth with them but they take like 3 hours in between emails to reply. Does anybody have a phone number I can call them at? I can't find one listed on their website and it would be WAY quicker to just call them.
Adam, did someone touch/tune your computer before doing this install? Perhaps the ECU is locked! Some tuners lock the ECU.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
AdamCzap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Adam, did someone touch/tune your computer before doing this install? Perhaps the ECU is locked! Some tuners lock the ECU.
Livernois did. Anybody know if they lock the ECU? I've never heard of that before.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
AdamCzap

i now believe this is the issue. what a pain in the rear!!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Z_Rocks

Quote:
i now believe this is the issue. what a pain in the rear!!
They need to unlock it!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
hp tuners does not have a phone tech line,, only e-mail and the forum for support
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
hp tuners does not have a phone tech line,, only e-mail and the forum for support
+1 very crappy service. I had the same issue

One of two things

1. It is locked
2. Your computer is to new and trying to push to much info to fast and it does bit handshake well. Slow the pc down.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
AdamCzap

It's just locked. Well, not technically "locked" but whatever. I just left Livernois and it's fixed. Dyno here I come!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
+1 very crappy service. I had the same issue

One of two things

1. It is locked
2. Your computer is to new and trying to push to much info to fast and it does bit handshake well. Slow the pc down.

Crappy service?? They don't have a phone number because it would ring all day long with issues like this that have NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM from customers that really have no idea. They can't help either; the people that locked it have to unlock it.

I own every major tuning suite and have used their software and beta tested for the last 5 and 1/2 years. They have excellent customer service.

As for your number 2. above... I don't even know what to say. Do you know what hardware protocol and standards are? My 2010 Win7 Toshiba flashes at the same rate as my 2003 Dell backup laptop. The data transfer is a standard. It can be forced lower, but it's not gonna run away at some high speed; again it's a standard.

I don't mean to be preachy or abrasive here, it's a little irksome to see HPTuner's bad-mouthed ("crappy service") over an issue that has nothing to do with them.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
^^^ Agreed... HP Tuners. Major Thumbs up !

If they had a Contact #, it would ring off the hook with questions !!
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Yea They couldnt have a phone line they would never get anywhere...
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
AdamCzap

Ok, so I drove to Livernois WITH my ECU and had them re-flash it back to stock. Took my ECU back to Walsh and had the SAME ISSUE. HPtuners won't talk to my ECU. It's like Livernois didn't do anything (but they did). Somehow they didn't remove whatever imprint Livernois' tuning software left on the ECU. I have to drive back to Livernois AGAIN tomorrow and then drive AGAIN to Walsh for the second time. I'm getting tired of this.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post

As for your number 2. above... I don't even know what to say. Do you know what hardware protocol and standards are? My 2010 Win7 Toshiba flashes at the same rate as my 2003 Dell backup laptop. The data transfer is a standard. It can be forced lower, but it's not gonna run away at some high speed; again it's a standard.
I have had 2 tuners tell me they have issues with them. Crappy meaning they should be there to support customers that buy the program. Also, not wait 3 hours to days to answer people and the auto response of send us a screen shot. When it ties up dyno/Mech time.

If it is just email support that is fine but when it takes that long for someone to get help then to me that is not customer service regardless of whos issue it is. I remember once when one of the guys working at HP (Bill) was gone and people waited many days for a response. I think he said he had over 2000 emails. If they had a tech line to help there customers. IMO that would be above and beyond support and more people would buy this setup vs. EFILive, etc.

---
Now, as far as the newer computer, again have had more than one tuner tell me this is an issue at times. HP did not even recognize our car as an Auto running 2.23 Beta.

Now, on a sidenote, my understanding is HP has/is the best software to use and lets you program more items than all the rest. So, I give them props for that.

Sorry your still having issues Adam, it will be worth it in the long run.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #14
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Ok, so I drove to Livernois WITH my ECU and had them re-flash it back to stock. Took my ECU back to Walsh and had the SAME ISSUE. HPtuners won't talk to my ECU. It's like Livernois didn't do anything (but they did). Somehow they didn't remove whatever imprint Livernois' tuning software left on the ECU. I have to drive back to Livernois AGAIN tomorrow and then drive AGAIN to Walsh for the second time. I'm getting tired of this.
I remember a while back when Livernois had locked someone's else ECU as well. When you go there, have them test it with HPTuner before you leave.

How old is the car? If it is very, very new, it might be the version of the HPTuner from walsh doesn't have the latest update. But If Livernois can successfully communicate with the ECU, then that tells you Walsh's software might need update. Check the version number between the software.