Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Antagonistic

Drives: 2010
Hi all. New member long time reader got some questions

Hey everyone! Im a long time reader of the forum and new new member and proud owner of a 2010 manual SS. I love the car and it is a dream.

With that said the car is giving me a few concerns. To my limited knowledge all of these issues are coming from the clutch/flywheel assembly and maybe the transmission.

Ive crawled all over the forums looking for people experiencing similar issues and have found a few that i think may apply to me.

1. Rough shifting and alot of clunking between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Ive seen numerous posts on the subject and most seem to point towards some loose bolts in the flywheel assembly. It gets better after the car has warmed up but never goes away totally. Sometimes when i push in the clutch it will make a very audible cross between a CLANK and a CLUNK.

2. Most recently, a clicking noise coming from the engine has developed that one can hear while the car is parked and idling. No clue what this could be but only hear in the past few days has it becoming really noticeable.

3. Some paint chipping where the spoiler meets the top of the trunk. I've read that this was a common problems with many of the 10's and shouldnt be a problem for a warranty fix.

I have just over 2000 miles on the vehicle and have performed the fuse-pull. I generally baby the car but have burned a few must-stains and other cars that think their fast.

I am going to my dealership on monday to get the camaro looked over and wanna go in their with any knowledge that will help them fix it faster.

Thanks!

Antag
Antagonistic is offline   Reply With Quote