Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
kdecroo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
GMAC Lease Trade In - Beware

Read This Thread

Just a little information to protect yourself when you turn in your GMAC leased vehicle. The GM dealer that is taking in your leased vehicle does not complete a vehicle inspection form. The inspection is done by a contractor at a later date, without you present.

On September 28, 2008 I turned in a leased Chevy Trailblazer on a new Saturn Vue. My leased vehicle had some scratches on the rear quarter panel / bumper and a small chip in the windshield.

Nearly 4 months later, January 25, 2009. I received a bill from GMAC for $1800.00 for excessive wear. After calling to discuss my bill with GMAC, I was given a website to view the damage and the inspection report.

When I viewed the pictures that the inspector had taken, I was sick. Both passenger side doors were dented in with gouges running the length of the passenger side.

The vehicle was in the Saturn dealer’s lot for over two weeks before the inspection took place. This damage happened after leaving my Trailblazer at the dealer’s lot. I have no way to prove this though. My salesman stated that he forgot about them scratches that I had. (There were none). I left this vehicle at the dealer with the expectation that they would keep my Trailblazer safe and secure until it was turned over to GMAC.

The moral of the story, take pictures of all body panels and the interior. Have your salesman write and sign that no damage is present, or have them note what damage you do have.

I don't know how I'm going to fight this battle yet, any suggestions from any of our online dealers would be appreciated.

My dealer has no interest in my situation, he already made his money.
Attached Images

kdecroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ahhh that sucks man! I am not a dealer but I can't think of anything you can do, unless you can get ahold of some security tapes that may show your car getting dented! Yeah pretty weak but that is all I can think of. Thanks for posting this as it may well save some people a good deal of money and hardship. Take pictures and get what you want in writing!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote