Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
C.A.I. install and Elite Engeneering Catch Can install

I got my catch can and intake the other day and got around to doing the install today. Figured i would post up some pics of how she is looking. Will follow up with driving impressions soon.
Attached Images

ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Lookin good!!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Very nice!

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Nice choices. Looks great.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thank you! Thank you to everyone.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
ballistic
LS1 to a LS2 to a LS3

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM
Nice! I like how you painted your throttle body.
ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
Nice! I like how you painted your throttle body.
I bet his TB is the VMax from SC2150.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
Autobots
Roll out!

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3
looks good
Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I can't claim to have painted the throttle body. I ordered the Vmax CNC ported throttle body and they will color match it to your car for a small charge. Really sweet piece of kit. Proven HP gains on its own and helps throttle response sharply. Can't wait to get out and drive some tomorrow to see how the new CAI feels with it. Some time to get my money right again and i will work on the exhale side of making it breath better.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Nice
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thank you again to everyone. I have a very carefully laid out plan for this car with tons of research put in it mostly from this site. Now if I only had the money to do it quickly. I guess the waiting will make it all that much sweeter once i am done.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Thank you again to everyone. I have a very carefully laid out plan for this car with tons of research put in it mostly from this site. Now if I only had the money to do it quickly. I guess the waiting will make it all that much sweeter once i am done.
If only money were no option!! Looking good though, keep up the great work on it!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
I really like the look of that CAI. I will probably get a intake for my first mod (waiting on that tax return!!) Nice set up man!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thank you! It is just a blast to drive with as well. Better power and the sound is an added bonus. I was not expecting the changed sound since I still have my stock exhast, but it deffinitely sounds better. I wish the intake on my truck sounded like this. I can't keep my foot out of it because i want to hear it. At cruise it is quiet, but punch it and you know it right away!